paper question

yiffy

Darnit the next update is in *counts with fingers* One, two, three, FOUR!! days. That means were gonna have to wait till the update after that. Ohh Kevin, y u have to torture us like that :(

Now let the speculations begin! What will paper be used for? Scrolls? Diaries? Rolling paper to roll grass cigars that convert a beefalo to be bff?

Now let the speculations begin! What will paper be used for? Scrolls? Diaries? Rolling paper to roll grass cigars that convert a beefalo to be bff?

My guesses are as follows:

1. Books (i.e. journal)

2. Paper Mache (i.e. friends...)

And that's it. Not as long a list as I first invisioned...

I thought it would have a research tie-in originally, but that seems less likely now with the new research mechanics coming up.....

Map markers?

The idea of signposts has come up before, but I think they'll be make from wood rather than paper, and then appear on your map once placed.

OMG...

Paper hat.

Things you could do with paper:

- Map (need to craft the map before you can have a picture of your island)

- Cookbook (all recipes you have made)

- magicalbooks (all kind of magic craft stuff...)

- Notes (can be put in a bottle for a message (asynchronous gameplay element? ;-))

- paper plane (set it on fire and let enemies burn!)

- origami (increases your sanity bar?? lol)

The paper is mightier than the sword!

I just added the first use for paper yesterday. You all will see it in just over 2 weeks :)

The first time i saw the paper i thought it would be to write music notes for the Pan Flute xD, to make the Chill efect even more deep! ahahah

I just hope we could name our chests, or even make Signs with a paper sicked on it. :D

Probably a stupid idea but i think some would like as i do. Good Job so far!

Things you could do with paper:

- Map (need to craft the map before you can have a picture of your island)

- Cookbook (all recipes you have made)

- magicalbooks (all kind of magic craft stuff...)

- Notes (can be put in a bottle for a message (asynchronous gameplay element? ;-))

- paper plane (set it on fire and let enemies burn!)

- origami (increases your sanity bar?? lol)

The paper is mightier than the sword!

That my friend are actually REALLY good ideas :D Cheers

Edited by skazito

I had this idea for quite a while now, maybe you can use charcoal to write messages on paper like commands and give them to pigs like 'defend' or 'attack' and then you can gear up the pigs with spears and logsuits and make an actual army instead of some random piggies :D (probly way too complicated and will destroy the simplicity of the game :3)

I thought it could be used a mini map type thing. Where you make a map using paper and charcoal, then as you feel out the map you have the option to make a minimap that would go in the corner of the screen. Maybe that doesn't make any sense.

Paper Airplanes? Perhaps combined with some kind of miniture bee bomb it could make a makeshift grenade... that doesn't always go where you throw it.