The "Most absurd and ridiculous death" contest!

rojvol

Because I feel like almost all my deaths are kind of funny if not ridiculous I decided to make thread like this. Maybe something similar has existed in the past, but I bet it was not contest. :D So lets write down all our most obscure, weird and absurd deaths!

Propably my "top" is going to be this:

It is day 37, I have explored a majority of islands and finally settled down on one tiny island with a lot of spiders and pigmens. My everyday ritual is lure spiders to the pigmens village, let them have fight, then kill pigs and give all the meat to the king. Then I just fill the machine with the gold, collect some honey from my bees and go to sleep (I mean stay awake whole night ofcourse). But one day, everything has changed. I did my ritual as usually but that time I had a bit harder fight with pigs. Lets say that at the evening i had just about 15 HP or less. So I ran to my camp (afraid of all those spiders out there) and with a vision of happy long life I clicked on my beehive to get some honey and end that sucky day. And guess what. Well lets say that I would NEVER ever have beehive again in my life.

So I was killed by one little lazy bee after epic fight with dozens of pigs. But I can bet you guys have some pretty good stories to tell aswell, so common!

• Like 1

I will win this

Im on day 60 And dark is coming I have to camp next to 7 level 3 spider dens or die from the dark I went to build my camp and thousands came out and I freaked I started runing rapidly and then one tried geting me then 10 then 20 but then it happened

I hit one and thousands charged in a circle at me and I died instantly

Day 11. I go near a Pigmen village, 4 Werepig start to chase me. While they chase me, i saw a carrot... ''Gotta take that carrot quick'' I took the carrot, but the Werepigs killed me :( 11 days was my best score :( (even tough, every death was stupid... Kill the tentacle with an axe, Kill 4 spiders with an axe. kill a werepigs with an axe) So, guys, an axe, is not a weapon :|

Hey, look! Free monster meat and silk laying around! *Proceeds to pick them up and gets ninja'ed by tentacles*

Don't worry, I get ninja'd by tentacles a lot, just 5 minutes ago, it was early game, I hadn't yet researched logsuits, I had 7 hp left D:

Mine was because i accidently clicked on a beefalo and attacked it.

I ran for my life. Unfortunally one chased me pretty far, and i tried to shake it off at a tentacle, i would let the tentacle attack it so the beefalo goes for the tentacle. It was very successfull, and i was so happy that i looked away from the screen for a second, grabbing my coke. Right in that moment, a ninja-spider snuck up to me (it was nightfall), and i only had like 10 HP left.

I jumped in my chair, tried to escape, ran back to where i came from and forgot that lonely tentacle in the swamp.

Let's just say, i ran right into it, paniced again, ran back and the spider ate my face off.

I kind of was glad that it was over...

Had a bit of a prolonged fight with some spiders today. But them multilegged hissing sharptoothed pokeballs with hair werent really the problem. Tho they did eat most of the monster meat that dropped, i only had 2 left. Me and my just below 40 hp decided to put the brain on derpmode, full retard ifuwill, and i cooked them, then ate one of the meats for my empty stomach. SUDDENLY 3 hp left. Im like WAAAAHHHH so i give my monster meat to a nearby pigman (build his house myself) and i make him suicide. The other pigman next to him comes porking around. FREAKIN pig eats the meat! Im so mad that i attack him and didnt notice during all that my spear had 1% left... Mr piggies lovely pink hug muffled my cries of despair.

EDIT: drama queen mode disabled

Edited by NeedPants

it was day 37, the camp was going well, 3rd island, 10 pig houses, a pig king and a level 3 spiders nest. I ventured to the north east island to gather some stone from the quarry, with night approaching i set off to return home, once I arrived though i was ambushed by 10 were pigs for the first time, unaware they existed till this point in time. I try to out run them by sprinting to an unexplored island to the south east... only to find 4 more were pigs in a small town... with no materials left to make a torch and the were pigs too fast to make a fire...

... In a game called Don't Starve, I think the least common death is actually, you know, starving.

So this happened to my boyfriend, not me, but its pretty entertaining. We had both just gotten the game, and were trying to figure it out. I think he hadn't found enough flint, or used it all, but he was low on food and would Soon start starving to death. He pretty much threw up his hands at that point, and figuring he'd lose, he just ran off in a random direction, exploring. He found a land bridge (the first time either of us had seen one) and ran into a Tallbird. He marveled at it, commenting about how cool it looked. Wandering as his health started to drain, he was saying stuff like "I like these tallbirds. Them and me. We're cool. Just chilling together."

Then, I heard him say "Oh look! A free egg!"

He grabbed the egg and ate it, still talking about how he's only going to explore until he died. I think he was at 1/4th health? Maybe a third? He saw the Tallbird running at him, and thought it was just randomly walking towards him. He didn't think to run as it came right up and crushed him.

"Oh wait, that was the Tallbird's egg? Aw man, I totally deserved that... Poor Tallbird."

Day 130 + 2 sphinxes...

Swamp walk with my brows (6 pigs) and 3 tentacles came out very close one to the other, killed all of us. back to life using the first sphinx and went back to get my staff at the swamp....killed again...second ress, this time i actually put some armour on...but guess what... so yeah...that showed me to appreciate what I have

Two deaths were idiots, the first ...

I was picking up wood, on day 8, when a tree turned into a monster and killed me.

And the second...

In another, it was day 32 and I was without resources, expecting my crop grow, when I come across that I'm losing life because of hunger, will desperately seek food, behold, I find a Berry, when I stop to catch her my life would be + - 50%, was when a tentacle appeared earth and killed me.

Day 13 - first time playing the game. I just slaughtered a bunch of spiders and was coming back home before dark, was low on health so i tried an monster meat, didn't realise it took a bit of my hp, so i decided to cook it... U guys know what came next

Ok so, day 16 I had just killed some spiders so I'm cooking their monster meat so that I can research them for 7 points each. Cooking goes fine but while researching the second last one I must have accidentally clicked my character, so only having 19 health left, when I ate it I died.

Here's mine...

DANGIT!, that spiketacle broke my logsuit and nearly killed me, I better make a new one. Oh, I'm a couple of logs short... hey, there's a tree right there... in the swamp; how convenient. This isn't a bad idea at alLGH$LT%FGJ&C#K...

**** me.

From my Coping with Death thread.

I have to say, NeedPants way of dying get's my vote, damn carnivore Pigmen!

I ran from a were pig. 4 of them actually. They chased me and chased and chased. I lost most of them. Down to one. I am 4 islands away from where they started. I end up dying. Using a effigy. I cant leave me stuff there.... I go back. All good. Until I realize between my stuff on that last island is a werepiggy. He is on the bridge. We eye each other off. I dance left as he gets stuck on the bridge edge. I think- I can just run past him.

No... No you CANT.

I got eaten.

day 15, night, first time playing had basic info, cut down to many trees equals treegaurds, make flower garlands for sanity, crockpot that was about it along with the shadow creatures and a couple of the other monsters, didn't know what shadow hands do and saw one coming for my fire, panicked ran over to the other side of it and realized at the last second what it was doing, stole fire and survived charlie by hiding in fire flies, had no health or sanity and there were shadow monsters around my base, instead of evacuating i decided to fight the crawling horror... didn't even get one hit, you can guess what happened, really sucked because i was in an ok area and had a science machine, crockpot, chest, some food and a fire pit.