I want these bosses dead Clean shot.

Make the Nightmare Werepig and Frostjaw bosses able to be killed. As an example, the Seal from Sealnado is another mob that can be fought and then either spared or killed if the player chooses to do so and it should be the same here. If the player does choose to kill them, their could be an indication that maybe the player shouldn't, such as when hitting them in their defeated state they ask to be sparred and have an animation where they cover their heads, on top of making them take several hits, so you don't accidently one tap them and so that it is properly communicated to the player that *maybe* you shouldn't do this, but the option is available.

I am asking this for consistency, if I fight something I should at the very least, bare minimum, have the option to kill it. Lest we forgot this is a Sandbox/survival game after all.

the Drops for each can be
6 meat, 4 Pig skin for Nightmare Werepig
8 Fish meat for Frostjaw
including their regular drops of course.

I understand Klei possibly has future plans for these mobs in question but that does not mean they cant add this nor does it intrude on these future plans as this is completely optional if the player chooses to kill them or not.

• Like 16
  • Health 1
  • Wavey 1
  • GL Happy 1

I agree, everything should be killable because it's supposed to be an uncompromising survival game.

I would also like the hermit crab woman to be killable and doing so skips all the quests you need to do for her then I can kill her husband without it being too grindy.

• Like 3

I thought it was neat the first time around for Werepig, but I'm all for being given the option to. 
I didn't end up liking the Frostjaw, I'm hoping bosses that can't be killed don't end up being a reoccurring theme. 

I like options. I like being encourage to do X, but also given the ability to do Y if I wish. Even if it doesn't end up being the better of the two choices.

• Like 9

I think the Werepig might come up later in future updates regarding the Shadow Path.

Frostjaw though, yeah... would be nice. (Also shout out to Antlion our queen who you can choose to kill or spare.)

• Sanity 1

1 hour ago, . . . said:

I agree, everything should be killable because it's supposed to be an uncompromising survival game.

I would also like the hermit crab woman to be killable and doing so skips all the quests you need to do for her then I can kill her husband without it being too grindy.

YES LOL. Add a hermit crab boss fight for the pearl.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

1 hour ago, . . . said:

Grab your pitch forks and spears merm friends, it's time to overthrow Pig King

• Like 1

♫♫
Screw being pacifist
I think I'll use my fists
I'm feeling evil, think I'll kill them all
♫♫
I'm homicidal and I've got a taste
I want to wipe out the monster race
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
I've got no patience, I've got no resolve
I will slaughter, screw the dialogue
♫♫

pleasesparehim.png.f7aa1f2f967ab2ad261e23ac3807c6a4.png

Edited by Riddla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • GL Happy 2

8 hours ago, Evelo said:

I think the Werepig might come up later in future updates regarding the Shadow Path.

Frostjaw though, yeah... would be nice. (Also shout out to Antlion our queen who you can choose to kill or spare.)

Antlion is actually another really good example of how this can be done, where a boss can be fought and killed or dealt with alternately. Not that you can really deal with the N.M.Werepig or Frost Jaw alternately but the choice is nice.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Riddla said:

♫♫
Screw being pacifist
I think I'll use my fists
I'm feeling evil, think I'll kill them all
♫♫
I'm homicidal and I've got a taste
I want to wipe out the monster race
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
I've got no patience, I've got no resolve
I will slaughter, screw the dialogue
♫♫

pleasesparehim.png.f7aa1f2f967ab2ad261e23ac3807c6a4.png

Damn, you beat me to it lmao.

Edited by BalkanCockroach
  • Haha 1

I'm thinking Werepig and Frostjaw might be reoccurring characters in later development, so outright killing them either doesn't make sense or hardlocks a questline. 

Isn't it more uncompromising that you can't decide the boss' fate?

Edited by Ridley

I believe there's a lore reason why player(s) can't actually kill these 3 bosses (Nightmare Warepig, Sharkboy, CK), but just temporarily incapacitate them: they're unique individuals born from distinct sets of circumstances. While seasonal giants are basically huge animals, even raid ones like BQ (one can theorize another Grumble Bee becomes queen after 20 days) or Toadstool (3 "spawns" hint are multiple giant frogs living in Caves), from their respective lore standpoints NW is a certain Warrior Pig that ventured into Ruins, possible further below, and got corrupted in Lovecraftian/Cronenbergian manner by Horror (old DST had a rare set-piece with 1x Tiki Torch and its Warrior Pig generating in Ruins or close to them, with Wood Flooring around it instead of Mud or Ruins one), Sharkboy seems to be an off-shot sapient/humanoid mutation of Rockjaws with ice powers (perhaps Moon related as well) and CK was Pearl's husband who got into some treasure-hunting  journey around newly fallen Moon fragments to ultimately be corrupted (hybridization?!) by Alter's powers, giving him vitality plus special powers, but also warping his mind into Lunacy (classic Lovecraftian theme) - hence for all these 3 there aren't other, identical individuals lining to take their places post mortem. I get the "moral dilemma" aspect of the Dark Fantasy DS had at its core, but the implied stories for these 3 individuals don't line up: because if player(s) would chose to ultimately kill them, there shouldn't be any further fights with these distinct bosses, if lore would remain consistent to this aspect, of their unique sets of circumstances from where they came to be, as unique entities.

I myself am indifferent to the in-game depicted physical killing aspect, aka a small "dramatic demise" animation (stabbing & falling flat or the like) - it unfazes me from any pov and adds nothing to my entertainment: I don't consider myself particularly sadistic for such a thing to "tickle" my supposed wickedness.

Edited by MondayNight

32 minutes ago, MondayNight said:

Sharkboy

he has multiple names like pigs, so there are probably many of them, i doubt that it changes it's name every time someone nearly kills it

(perhaps Moon related as well)

not lunar aligned, so probably no

NW is a certain Warrior Pig that ventured into Ruins

what prevents other pigs from doing the same thing? The only thing that makes it obvious that it's the same pig are quotes that are only used after it loses it's pure horror once

(old DST had a rare set-piece with a Tiki Torch and its Warrior Pig generating in Ruins or close to them, with Wood Flooring around it instead of Mud or Ruins one)

did it also spawn outside of ruins? If it did, then that was probably an issue with the devs having not added a restriction that would've prevented it from spawning in ruins, a skeleton with a rabbit trap can also spawn in ruins, and i doubt that someone would've went searching for something to trap using a rabbit trap in ruins without bringing anything else except grass

Edited by grm9

15 hours ago, mykenception said:

to be fair, we never actually kill Crab King

He doesn’t deserve the sweet release of death so I’m fine with being able to almost kill him over and over 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ridley said:

I'm thinking Werepig and Frostjaw might be reoccurring characters in later development, so outright killing them either doesn't make sense or hardlocks a questline. 

Isn't it more uncompromising that you can't decide the boss' fate?

you do know they respawn... Right?