I want these bosses dead Clean shot.

23 minutes ago, grm9 said:

he has multiple names like pigs, so there are probably many of them, i doubt that it changes it's name every time someone nearly kills it

Didn't knew that each "new one" has a different name. After the "Monkey Island" update (even in nerfed format, since those pests can still be encountered) I stopped sailing, thus his loot doesn't interests me at all and only ended up fighting it once because of a friend interested in its novelty. Then yes, would imply there's a specie of them and would stand to reason to have it/them killed if fight ensues. Is there still that fight condition for it to become a trader? If that's the case, there's your reason for it not to be killable.

what prevents other pigs from doing the same thing? The only thing that makes it obvious that it's the same pig are quotes that are only used after it spawns for the 2nd time

Mentioned "Warrior Pig in Ruins" set-piece was extremely rare, and being solely 1 can imply just that 1 individual went to a "hero journey" and ultimately ended up "a corrupted villain", so-to-say. Gives a bit of gravitas, is not just "one of many". Plus, from a story point, will be kinda silly for multiple Warrior Pigs to venture into ruins at set intervals, though it could be rationalized as some "rite of passage" or the like, one with high failure rates. There's a mixed bag with this one.

did it also spawn outside of ruins? If it did, then that was probably an issue with the devs having not added a restriction that would've prevented it from spawning in ruins, a skeleton with a rabbit trap can also spawn in ruins, and i doubt that someone would've went searching for something to trap using a rabbit trap in ruins with nothing except grass

I belive I've played around 4-5k h of personal servers across multiple gens (probably above 100) and, if memory serves well, only 2 times got generated, and both in Ruins. Was a very special case, it etched into my mind. Yet, yeah, most likely was some bug - for some irl years now I haven't seen it in another >7h h of pub plays (kinda sad those old DS set-pieces like Cave Camp or Ruins Camp Trap don't generate in DST, from my experience at least).

Edited by MondayNight

10 minutes ago, MondayNight said:

Is there still that fight condition for it to become a trader?

there is, but it'd make sense to kill it for fish meat after you give it 5 fishes and it'll refuse taking more or kill it without getting the boots because a 6k hp boss for 8 or 16 fish meat in addition to the fishes that you need to catch to summon it seems good enough if you stumble upon it

28 minutes ago, WhackE said:

you do know they respawn... Right?

If you are going to apply game logic, why do you care if those two bosses can be executed? I assumed you wanted more player agency for the immersion.

13 hours ago, -Variant said:

I thought it was neat the first time around for Werepig, but I'm all for being given the option to. 
I didn't end up liking the Frostjaw, I'm hoping bosses that can't be killed don't end up being a reoccurring theme. 

I like options. I like being encourage to do X, but also given the ability to do Y if I wish. Even if it doesn't end up being the better of the two choices.

You don't have the option to turn them into followers either, or a myriad of other possibilities for interaction, what makes killing so special to you?

It's like wanting to kill Pig King, why is killing such a special interaction that makes it more important than any other option to include?

I mean people can say "I want to be able to draw on Pig King's belly", but why is it killing that has to be included?

Edited by Chaghatai
Forgot to add

51 minutes ago, Chaghatai said:

It's like wanting to kill Pig King, why is killing such a special interaction that makes it more important than any other option to include?

you can't fight Pig King.

Edited by WhackE
  • Like 1

with Daywalker seems there was supposed to be more with it. I dont mind executing it or not. He is a ♡♡♡♡.

Same goes for Frostjaw, he is almost like NPC and might become it. I like the idea of miniboss-NPC. No touchie!

Crab King - I guess we dont kill him because he is Pearl's husband. Not like personally even care to fight it more than once.

Fuelweaver - Actually gets killed by Charlie. There is some implications we just weaken it enough to let her do it.

Celestial Champion - in a way it seems to "finished" by Wagstaff. I have feeling we rather defeat it than kill... well, if it was "alive" in first place. 

5 hours ago, WhackE said:

you can't fight Pig King.

some here have suggested to be able to kill Pearl, and there was a special crab fight that'll happen if you do it

so I don't see why that's not possible with Pig King too

if we're on a killing spree, might as well go all the way

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mykenception said:

if we're on a killing spree, might as well go all the way

Because I am simply asking for existing fights, to in my eyes, be finished. I'm asking Klei to make things that are fightable, well, killable, not for out right new content, since Pearl and PK were never fightable in the first place, I'm fine with them being just NPCs. 

all I'm saying is if I can stab something, I should at least be able to stab it to death. That is what I have come to expect.

• Like 3

Leaving Daywalker alive felt like a set-up for a future encounter with him (i really hope that klei makes him Wilba's dad, that'd be great). If the empty, promotional, not-at-all-intended-as-a-teaser roadmap image is something to go by, maybe this year there will be the Daywalker's return.

Frostjaw, yeah this doesn't feel as anythign special. But then again he's not related to any of the lore stuff going on right now with rifts and new materials, he's just a guy. i guess the devs really wanted the game to have an npc that you first need to intimidate.

15 hours ago, WhackE said:

you do know they respawn... Right?

They could easily implement lore to resurrect them as well. NW clearly is chained by the shadows purely for the sake of making him suffer, Wilson canonically has died many times....death is not permanent at all in the constant and NW has the easiest excuse for the shadows to resurrect him on death, I agree he should be killable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cropo said:

Wilson canonically has died many times....death is not permanent at all in the constant

When you have a meat effigy as shown in ds videos where wilson die or a LGA like klaus

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

When you have a meat effigy as shown in ds videos where wilson die or a LGA like klaus

Klei has said Wilson has died many, many times before reaching Maxwell's throne. I unfortunately don't know where to find the post though.

5 minutes ago, cropo said:

Klei has said Wilson has died many, many times before reaching Maxwell's throne. I unfortunately don't know where to find the post though.

Im not saying that isnt true, im saying that wilson was able to die many times because he has meat effigies.

Maybe is also canon that you can die inside Maxwell's door and come back to the entrance...

Anyway, death exists in the constant if nothing is reviving you

throwing my two cents in here and saying that i think it's always been disingenuous to present this as an "option". if you kill deerclops and she leaves behind a big glowing red button that says "PRESS THIS FOR 8 EXTRA MEAT" then yes, that is technically an option, but you're simply ignoring free loot if you don't press the big glowing red button. this sort of change wouldn't add some optional moral decision or the immersion of knowing that you could kill the thing or whatever it's always presented as: it would just mean once you defeat the nightmare werepig you will always 100% of the time hit him 4 more times so that he explodes into even more loot than he already dropped, and after trading with the frostjaw you hit him 4 more times so that he explodes into even more loot than he just traded with you. what's the point of ever letting them leave peacefully for 0 gain if your other option is hitting the big red button labelled "FREE MEAT AND PIGSKIN"?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, finn from human said:

throwing my two cents in here and saying that i think it's always been disingenuous to present this as an "option". if you kill deerclops and she leaves behind a big glowing red button that says "PRESS THIS FOR 8 EXTRA MEAT" then yes, that is technically an option, but you're simply ignoring free loot if you don't press the big glowing red button. this sort of change wouldn't add some optional moral decision or the immersion of knowing that you could kill the thing or whatever it's always presented as: it would just mean once you defeat the nightmare werepig you will always 100% of the time hit him 4 more times so that he explodes into even more loot than he already dropped, and after trading with the frostjaw you hit him 4 more times so that he explodes into even more loot than he just traded with you. what's the point of ever letting them leave peacefully for 0 gain if your other option is hitting the big red button labelled "FREE MEAT AND PIGSKIN"?

Yeah, it reminds me of D&D players that throw roleplaying out the window (usually to the dismay of the DM), "those kobold children aren't worth any experience points alive..."

• Haha 1

@finn from human If I hit something enough times for it die, it should be dead, either get it off my screen or show me it's dead. If klei wants to add to add more choice to either letting them live by all means they have my support.

But otherwise there is no reason I shouldn't be able to kill these enemies other than some arbitrary thing they haven't even added yet.

3 hours ago, finn from human said:

and after trading with the frostjaw you hit him 4 more times so that he explodes into even more loot than he just traded with you

Also, no, completely misunderstanding the post. if you don't kill him in the defeated state you wouldn't be able to kill him once he becomes a trader.

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2024 at 7:39 PM, Ridley said:

I'm thinking Werepig and Frostjaw might be reoccurring characters in later development, so outright killing them either doesn't make sense or hardlocks a questline. 

Isn't it more uncompromising that you can't decide the boss' fate?

For Frostjaw it 100% makes sense, he has a random name every time he spawns, meaning there's more than one, there's absolutely 0 reason for us to not be able to kill at the very least him.

Nothing breaks my immersion more than not being able to do something 'because it's needed for later' then don't take the lazy route and make that choice affect the future of the run, gotta love that Bethesda approach lol.

15 minutes ago, Antynomity said:

For Frostjaw it 100% makes sense, he has a random name every time he spawns, meaning there's more than one, there's absolutely 0 reason for us to not be able to kill at the very least him.

Nothing breaks my immersion more than not being able to do something 'because it's needed for later' then don't take the lazy route and make that choice affect the future of the run, gotta love that Bethesda approach lol.

True, people have been complaining about GTA making you "fail" missions by doing anything other than completing it the intended way. Limiting the player's creative side is always a bad choice no matter what.

I like having choice!

Sparing can have benifits later on when they return while killing has benifits at that moment but you get punished for it later for when they return.

Edited by -Nick-
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, -Nick- said:

I like having choice!

Sparing can have benifits later on when they return while killing has benifits at that moment but you get punished for it later for when they return.

Make it so that if you don’t choose to spare the Nightmare Werepig, then he will return in his scrap bossfight fueled with revenge and his mini kamehameha laser now has increased ranged and deals like 5 times the damage it’s supposed to, oh and make bone armor not work on it because L

(I’m just kidding)