Your Dont Starve Together Hot Takes

5 hours ago, Hungry French said:

Other people wishing DS to be abandoned.

no no, you said it yourself that you wished it to be abandoned, there's no need to rope other people in this

What 's offensive about that ?
To call DST a sequel is an insult to DST.

you misunderstand the wording. you said that calling DST a sequel is an insult to the word "sequel". 

you were the one who was dead straight on making it a fact that DST was not a "sequel" per say, even when you're the only one who rejects it

*Calling*

*sigh*

And the finished game ? It is more correct to say unsupported.
Sequel ( multiplayer).

please, for the love of chester, let DS rest, it's finished. it may get a few bugfixes here and there that's as much as it'll get.

yes it's a sequel, it doesn't have to be name like Don't Starve: 2 to be one. DST even tried to be unique in that it has different mechanics than just getting DS DLC properties being ported into DST. 

You don't care about DST, you hate the fact that it gets updates and DS isn't and now you also hate DST. If you claim that you're not a hater then that's just the lack of self-awareness talking, it's alright, we understand. It would be nice if you'd let go the topic of hating DST because DS is finished.

Screenshot_20231128-065302_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20231128-065559_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20231128-065620_Chrome.png

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hambats aren’t really noob tier weapons, you have to A: Know how to reliably obtain pigskin to craft them. Which most players will be using to instead craft helmets for Armor since they’re not so good at Kiting.

B: Worry about a weapon Spoilage timer if you haven’t killed the Bee Queen for the game changing item that is Bundling wraps. Which deters noob gamers from even using Hambats, Why use a Weapon that’s durability goes down over time with basic Spear will stay in your inventory until you need it?

Maybe avoid the salt stack formations until you're ready?

you're paddling with an oar anyway, so I doubt you'd be moving that fast even with wolfgang that you couldn't avoid them

come back to it fully ready with the tools and weapons. also lazy foragers also help a lot with the salt drops, highly recommend if you have one, not really required

try to approach the formations slowly, that way you get to fight a few of em at a time. No need to tank, you can avoid the rim of your boat where the cookie cutter will land and when it hits the boat you're free to go ham at em since you 2 hit em with the hambat (tentacle spike, or shield of terror)

you can do it Mike, I believe in you. The waters are rather unforgiving around these parts to inexperienced sailors

• Like 6

:lol: Guys.. stop singling each other out, it’s against the forum guidelines, and feels kinda mean when you do it, so just cut out the middle man and uhm don’t do it?

What I’m trying to do however is a bit different, regardless of my own personal skill or knowledge about the game- I’m trying to share viewpoints of those of new players, or more accurately put: The Casuals who maybe see DS on Xbox Gamepass and decide to give it a go.

(DS is not currently on Gamepass AtM, but it has been before in the past)

Im taking under consideration the players huddled by a fire near the spawn portal when a more experienced player joins the world and busts open a sinkhole letting bats pour out to torment the unskilled players, which is WHY I suggested the ability to craft Winona’s Completely useless spotlights to ward them away from base.

When I suggest that Cookie Cutters shouldn’t require Darkswords to deal with, it’s because any noob with enough grass to build a grass raft & and Wooden Oar can paddle out to locate these mobs.

When I suggest that deadly Brightshades should be Mid-Game content it’s because of how rewarding the challenges & weapons & gear are for mid-game level of gameplay, Any player who has killed CK, done pearls entire questline, solved the archives puzzle, killed CC won’t ever be challenged by the Challenge that “Brightshades” are intended to bring to the game.

So how about we avoid personal insults and attacks and instead focus on ideas and suggestions to make this game more enjoyable for players of all different varying skill levels?

Please be kind to one another <3

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

When I suggest that Cookie Cutters shouldn’t require Darkswords to deal with, it’s because any noob with enough grass to build a grass raft & and Wooden Oar can paddle out to locate these mobs.

I see

well, if it's the context of an extremely new player trying out to explore the seas and has accidentally stumbled on a salt stack formation, I'd say this is where trial and error, a classic experience, comes into play

I do hope they continue to play and attempt to challenge the cookie cutters in a different angle next time. DST is uncompromising after all, you'd easily die if you don't know what you're doing. More power to them if they keep trying

29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Tentacle spikes can also two shots them, and you can usually get them for free with the usual swamp warfare (merms vs spiders vs tentacles).

Also I believe cookie cutters don't care about grass boats. Even if they do they aren't gonna leave a leak, the boat will never have a leak (cus it's already leaking). 

Even your favorite spear can dispatch them in 3 hits, and you are a wendy main, use abigail.

Newbies are bound to make mistakes, fails, deaths, and learn from it. And unless the game is designed to be stupidly unfair (like those pvz hard mods, they are fun to watch people playing but I am not gonna waste my time on them), you will end up growing out of the "newbie" phase and challenges you faced before will no longer pose a big threat to you as they used to.

56 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

:lol: Guys.. stop singling each other out, it’s against the forum guidelines, and feels kinda mean when you do it, so just cut out the middle man and uhm don’t do it?

I kept it vague, he decided to take offense. I didn't name anyone therefore im not a meanie.

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • GL Happy 1
  • Spooky 1

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

When I suggest that Cookie Cutters shouldn’t require Darkswords to deal with

u keep bringing darksword to the discussion when people already tell u its only have 100 hp which took 3 hit from regular spear, two hit from higher tier weapon. also they all didnt come at once, they dont have herd mentality. when u keep the distance, u can kill them one by one or not agroing at all. its basically easier than hound with same hp they didnt chase u can hit and kite after each buttswing. 

When I suggest that deadly Brightshades should be Mid-Game content it’s because of how rewarding the challenges & weapons & gear are for mid-game level of gameplay, Any player who has killed CK, done pearls entire questline, solved the archives puzzle, killed CC won’t ever be challenged by the Challenge that “Brightshades” are intended to bring to the game.

as all people said brightshade is not a challenge for late game but the gear it come with is the reward for completing all the required quest to activate rift. 
u want it mid game cus u found the gear that can be refuellable is really good indeed. for now, midgame weapon that u can refuel is from the twins. which pain to get.
once u activate rift getting armor and weapon is easy. but its late game anyway there nothing u cant make at that point.
but u saying this..
u basically just want easy armor and weapon, its lazy gaming, weird for people that claim for addicted to uncompromising aspect of dontstarve.

So how about we avoid personal insults and attacks and instead focus on ideas and suggestions to make this game more enjoyable for players of all different varying skill levels?

idk what u want really. sometime u want the game is to be harder, that game not uncompromising enough. yet complain for mere cookie cutter with 100 hp. 
its not about one skill level. its about whether u find it difficult cus u finally experience it firsthand and want change (like cookiecutter) but when u watch people play the late game content and see they complain, but u as spectator think that its nothing at all, dissing their complain by saying it wont hurt to have those, because game should be uncompromising. 

now u want cookie cutter to have less hp cus people with no science can have encounter in middle of sea. 
but want brightshade spawn in midgame. out of nowhere spawn in middle of some newbie base that been ditching all bosses they can find to survive. 
balanced.  
lolol 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, mykenception said:

please, for the love of chester, let DS rest, it's finished. it may get a few bugfixes here and there that's as much as it'll get.

Why should she be left alone if she received much less than DST. DST looks more like a finished game.
DS is a single version.
DST - multiplayer version
Both of them have the same DS and RoG content, but with the difference that one is balanced for solo and the other for multiplayer.

You don't care about DST, you hate the fact that it gets updates and DS isn't and now you also hate DST. If you claim that you're not a hater then that's just the lack of self-awareness talking, it's alright, we understand. It would be nice if you'd let go the topic of hating DST because DS is finished.

She shouldn't have ended up like this.
If developers do not want to develop a DS for various reasons, this does not mean that it does not require updates.

no no, you said it yourself that you wished it to be abandoned, there's no need to rope other people in this

Yeah yeah yeah. 
That's why I'm saying here that the DS should receive content at least sometimes.

At least content update in 1,2, 3 years, while DST receives 10 content updates in 3 years. 
Do developers need money ? Add skins.
Or do DLC at least once every 5 years.
Yes, let them at least sell the DST content as DLC's, no one will mind even if each one is as big as a RoG.

I want development for DS and for DST.
And I don't hate DST, and I just don't like its gameplay, because I'm a solo player and I need solo mechanics, solo generation, balance for solo and new mechanics that work only for solo.

I am more annoyed by the players who will justify the DST updates only by the fact that they believe it is a sequel. 
And they will call DS a finished game, but they either never played DS at all or abandoned it many years ago because there was "Not enough content".

Or that then "Don't Starve 3" will be released only for solo and people's pleas that Klei would develop DST and give new content to play in multiplayer should also be ignored?
As if DS and DST are not 2 separate games.

I want DS and DST to continue to live, because these are 2 separate games for different categories of people and they both deserve love.

Edited by Hungry French
  • Haha 2
  • Shopcat 1

4 hours ago, Hungry French said:

I want development for DS and for DST.
And I don't hate DST, and I just don't like its gameplay, because I'm a solo player and I need solo mechanics, solo generation, balance for solo and new mechanics that work only for solo.

first you hated how DST was getting updates and DS wasn't, then you wished DST to be abandoned and the devs focus back on DS or a new game, now you're saying you want both of the games to get updates. (I sense some hypocrisy here)

You've been expressing your distaste with DST for quite a while now and even go about and spite talking it in the forums. You're absolutely not shedding a good light for players who support DS.

It's ok to want more updates on the game you like. It's alright to make suggestions and such but to go blame everything on the other game is just wrong. Maybe one day the devs will have free time to do more things and look back on past projects. There's no need to drag the other game just cuz you don't like how it's getting attention.

I want DS and DST to continue to live, because these are 2 separate games for different categories of people and they both deserve love.

No, no you don't. You hate DST, you see it as a dark future for the franchise, and want DS to be supported again. You want the content that cater to you (solo gaming) to be focused on and since DST isn't meeting your solo gaming standards, you don't want it getting updates and want the devs to put their resources back to DS since you've viewed DST as a hindrance to your solo gaming enjoyment

Thou shall not gaslight. This statement would've been received well if it weren't for your previous posts

Edited by mykenception
  • Like 7

On 11/12/2023 at 2:08 AM, cameron8800 said:

and Wortox should’ve just been a jerk.

Wortox is perfect just now. He sucks souls, and has a moral crisis which he often explains in poetry like quotes. E.g his buzzard quote, and his quote when he is getting alot of souls.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, mykenception said:

first you hated how DST was getting updates and DS wasn't, then you wished DST to be abandoned and the devs focus back on DS or a new game, now you're saying you want both of the games to get updates. (I sense some hypocrisy here)

You've been expressing your distaste with DST for quite a while now and even go about and spite talking it in the forums. You're absolutely not shedding a good light for players who support DS.

It's ok to want more updates on the game you like. It's alright to make suggestions and such but to go blame everything on the other game is just wrong. Maybe one day the devs will have free time to do more things and look back on past projects. There's no need to drag the other game just cuz you don't like how it's getting attention.

No, no you don't. You hate DST, you see it as a dark future for the franchise, and want DS to be supported again. You want the content that cater to you (solo gaming) to be focused on and since DST isn't meeting your solo gaming standards, you don't want it getting updates and want the devs to put their resources back to DS since you've viewed DST as a hindrance to your solo gaming enjoyment

Thou shall not gaslight. This statement would've been received well if it weren't for your previous posts

Forget about past posts. I was a little emotional when I wrote them.
At the moment, I want both games to develop. 
And there is no hypocrisy here. At first, because of the negative statements of people and because of the poor general condition of the DS, I wanted the DST to be abandoned, but I didn't say that tomorrow, maybe I wanted the DST to be abandoned after 10 years?
I thought about it and realized that it's not good to be like DST fans who want DS to be abandoned, so I accepted that I want both games to develop and all players to get what they want.

Is it bad that a person tries to change his opinion for the sake of his ideals and not succumb to negative emotions?

47 minutes ago, Hungry French said:

I thought about it and realized that it's not good to be like DST fans who want DS to be abandoned

???? who in the world claiming as DST fan not knowing DS is a FINISHED GAME.
how is it being abandoned when they constantly fixing bugs even tho the game is finished for years?? 

also how u think people get u when saying DST -this forumite's beloved- game should be abandoned either tomorrow or in 10 years. game is not supposed to be abandoned?. 

before u said u r not saying that u want them to be abandoned but now u do say u want them to be abandoned in future?  lmao what point u r trying to purpose here? where the f difference?

57 minutes ago, Hungry French said:

At the moment, I want both games to develop.

which is unlikely since the developer already stated that game is finished (once again)
there is one chance ur dream can come true sooner..
..if u are sone of big shot Investor with big bucket of money, go to them send them money to invest in your idea that u believe to be profitable in the future. to make DS 2 3 4 5 or 1000. 

1 hour ago, Hungry French said:

Is it bad that a person tries to change his opinion for the sake of his ideals and not succumb to negative emotions?

where the change ? u just playing with words yapping about same sh*t just adding bla bla i didnt said that.. bla bla i told u i want it to be abandoned but i never said tomorrow maybe they can abandoned it in 10 years yada yada .. 

22 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

???? who in the world claiming as DST fan not knowing DS is a FINISHED GAME.
how is it being abandoned when they constantly fixing bugs even tho the game is finished for years?? 

also how u think people get u when saying DST -this forumite's beloved- game should be abandoned either tomorrow or in 10 years. game is not supposed to be abandoned?. 

before u said u r not saying that u want them to be abandoned but now u do say u want them to be abandoned in future?  lmao what point u r trying to purpose here? where the f difference?

DS can develop in the same way as DST and we do not have a solo analogue, so no, its development is not completed, but prematurely stopped.

24 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

which is unlikely since the developer already stated that game is finished (once again)
there is one chance ur dream can come true sooner..
..if u are sone of big shot Investor with big bucket of money, go to them send them money to invest in your idea that u believe to be profitable in the future. to make DS 2 3 4 5 or 1000. 

They didn't declare it. And they can return to it anyway, because they can, because the game is in a raw state

25 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

where the change ? u just playing with words yapping about same sh*t just adding bla bla i didnt said that.. bla bla i told u i want it to be abandoned but i never said tomorrow maybe they can abandoned it in 10 years yada yada .. 

bla bla bla you don't listen to a single word I say. You're even trolling me. Troll.

Forget about past posts. I was a little emotional when I wrote them

One does not simply get a free pass from past actions because "emotional". Are you seriously saying that we should just forget what you said, that's the same as deleting past convo and saying you never said em

And there is no hypocrisy here. At first, because of the negative statements of people and because of the poor general condition of the DS

There was absolutely hypocrisy there, either stand by what you said or admit it was a mistake. This is a discussion, and if your point was here and there then your credibility goes poof

If you've reached the conclusion that DST should be abandoned just because "DST fans" stated that DS is a finished game and would most likely not be getting updates plus the current state of DS, that is quite an absurd result. That is, in fact, quite a destructive   mindset

I wanted the DST to be abandoned, but I didn't say that tomorrow, maybe I wanted the DST to be abandoned after 10 years?

See, your just twisting your words now. We're not some idiots you know, and you specifically said "as soon as possible". That indicates urgency and rapid response. 

I thought about it and realized that it's not good to be like DST fans who want DS to be abandoned, so I accepted that I want both games to develop and all players to get what they want.

*sigh*, shifting the blame

DST fans accepted the fact that DS is a finished game, not abandoned, its finished. You're painting others to be the villain so that you could be the one to do the right thing

The main reason why you received quite a backlash in the forum is because you lashed out to the game, the players, and most of the posts your in where you just had to bring keep bringing up that "DST bad cuz DS is like this" or "DST sucks cuz multiplayer".

It's great that you've changed your views after this discussion, but you're currently not taking the blame on your actions on what you posted before. Changing opinions is fine, not admitting that what you said was a mistake will not remove other people's view of your established animosity towards the community.

It's alright for you to say that it was wrong of me to think that way and say those things. And the end of the road, we're all players who love the franchise. We may dislike certain parts of it, but we still enjoy the games and ought to support each other as well as bring our thoughts to the devs. That's why were in the forums. Let's strive to keep things positive and constructive, ey? Wish you all the best

Also my hot take is that Willow may be hot but she's unfun

that and I like skill trees

Edited by mykenception
typos
  • Big Ups 2

7 minutes ago, mykenception said:

It's great that you've changed your views after this discussion, but you're currently not taking the blame on your actions on what you posted before. Changing opinions is fine, not admitting that what you said was a mistake will not remove other people's view of your established animosity towards the community.

At the moment, only 2 people on the forum openly hate me and I can be hostile to them. Although I will treat them kindly if they want to maintain friendly relations again.
I'm not vindictive if people don't cross the line.

14 minutes ago, mykenception said:

It's alright to say that it was wrong of me to think that way and say those things. And the end of the road, we're all players who love the franchise. We may dislike certain parts of it, but we still enjoy the games and ought to support each other as well as bring our thoughts to the devs. That's why were in the forums. Let's strive to keep things positive and constructive, ey? Wish you all the best

I agree. It's better to end these conversations about nothing.
And I'm honestly tired of talking to people who don't speak my own language, this creates limitations in conducting a dialogue. 
And let's be kind to each other.

18 minutes ago, mykenception said:

Also my hot take is that Willow may be hot but she's unfun

Pretty funny to me.

19 minutes ago, mykenception said:

that and I like skill trees

I don't like them.

24 minutes ago, mykenception said:

DST fans accepted the fact that DS is a finished game, not abandoned, its finished

In all fairness it took KLei ~4 years for them to release the so-called "last" major update for DS that added quality of life improvements and a whole lot of bug fixes. So if DST fans accepted DS as a finished game before then, they were majorly wrong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

kiting is the most boring and least creative way of combat in this game. never really found counting hits and walking backwards as "test of skill"

i love new bosses because they have atacks that you can telegraph

the worst part about DF is how boring is to count atacks not dealing with an easy mechanic as lavae are

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

In all fairness it took KLei ~4 years for them to release the so-called "last" major update for DS that added quality of life improvements and a whole lot of bug fixes. So if DST fans accepted DS as a finished game before then, they were majorly wrong.

That's true

it did surprise me that they rolled out QoL updates on it after a looooong time. I guess they wanted to do a last hurrah. But I still view it atm as a finished game though it's still supported by the devs

Maybe I'll be proven wrong in the future 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

i dont think so... its QOL update and bunch of bug fixes, there no added arc/storyline, means they still not abandoned the game while it's been called finished on last hamlet dlc years ago. till now they still care and support the game and fix what need to be fixed. (its also amaze me how they still trying to give bug fix update every now and then even before the major qol and bug fix and we got some more bug fixes after that) 
i think there is main difference between finished game and abandoned game. u can see game is called finished but still get love from their developers.