Your Dont Starve Together Hot Takes

52 minutes ago, Kevinnator said:

It also doesn't make old gear redundant. Hambats and football helmets for instance are still very viable to use against the normal threats because planar weapons don't deal much more damage against normal enemies and planar protection only protects against, well, planar attacks

the problem is that planar weapons are cheaper and actually deal more damage than old weapons unless you play wolf/wanda so there is no reason to use dark sword if you play as a wilson with BS sword and mr. 37746271 perks BS helmet

• Wavey 1

Just now, arubaro said:

planar weapons deal more damage than old weapons unless you play wolf

it's 3.8% less damage when using brightshade sword against lunar aligned/not aligned without brightshade helm in comparison to dark sword or 5.5% more with the brightshade helm or 5.9% more against shadow aligned or 16.1% more with the brightshade helm against shadow aligned      

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

the problem is that planar weapons are cheaper and actually deal more damage than old weapons unless you play wolf/wanda so there is no reason to use dark sword if you play as a wilson with BS sword and mr. 37746271 perks BS helmet

The BS sword deals as much damage as a Glass Cutter and Dark Sword on normal enemies, 68. And the BS helmet can have plenty of perks, it does not have that handy dandy shield ability the Thulecite Crown or all the useful perks the Enlightened Crown has.

While it is true that repair kits are not expensive to make and the helmet boosts the weapon's damage, the materials are not available all the time. I'd much rather not waste BS durability on normal monsters and save the them for when I fight rift enemies and bosses.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kevinnator said:

The BS sword deals as much damage as a Glass Cutter and Dark Sword on normal enemies, 68. And the BS helmet can have plenty of perks, it does not have that handy dandy shield ability the Thulecite Crown or all the useful perks the Enlightened Crown has.

While it is true that repair kits are not expensive to make and the helmet boosts the weapon's damage, the materials are not available all the time. I'd much rather not waste BS durability on normal monsters and save the them for when I fight rift enemies and bosses.

i only use thulecite against bosses i know i will get hit many times and mostly because i play with higher damage taken so i reduce the healing i need. Other than that, extra damage is worth 

BS components are really cheap, half of them have delivery service with infested plants. After few rifts mined you have more than you will need in hundreds of days

• Like 1

13 hours ago, arubaro said:

i only use thulecite against bosses i know i will get hit many times and mostly because i play with higher damage taken so i reduce the healing i need. Other than that, extra damage is worth 

BS components are really cheap, half of them have delivery service with infested plants. After few rifts mined you have more than you will need in hundreds of days

It's cheap solo but in a full server of mostly innexperienced players, durability is used quite quickly plus it takes considerably more rift cycles to get everyone geared up with BS equipment. I'm talking a bit in the pov of a group of friends that play casually once a year, who will easily waste durability on many things. It's true that the BS sword gets used against shadow creatures once we all get them but against all other pre-rift enemies, we're using normal weapons 'cus we wanna save up repair kits. We'll definitely have that mindset when we play again in the future thanks to the rift bosses, who will likely get a few kills with their new attacks and mechanics.

Skiltrees aren't as bad of an idea as most people make it out to be. They make you step out of you comfort zone and try new characters 

The addition of Skiltrees is how I found out that Wormwood is fun to play. I was forced to play as him or hours to use his berry bush skill (for decor) and I found out just how fun he is to play

If these were just base perks, I would've switched to him, made the bushes, then switched back. Without ever touching him again 

Edited by GhostyToasty
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, GhostyToasty said:

Skiltrees aren't as bad of an idea as most people make it out to be. They make you step out of you comfort zone and try new characters 

The addition of Skiltrees is how I found out that Wormwood is fun to play. I was forced to play as him or hours to use his berry bush skill (for decor) and I found out just how fun he is to play

If these were just base perks, I would've switched to him, made the bushes, then switched back. Without ever touching him again 

that's a problem with you not trying to play as all characters in the first place, that could've happened with warly and his spices too and he doesn't have a skill tree yet  

Edited by grm9
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, GhostyToasty said:

the problem isnt needing to play the character 

1 minute ago, Neco Arc said:

Wanda is beginner friendly

that take is stale and is common knowledge at this point if you're talking about people that at least watched a guide about night armor and archives existing  

On 12/21/2023 at 9:53 AM, arubaro said:

warly is worth playing, just because you and others dont like to deal with a fun downside doesnt mean warly isnt the favourite character of many players

I am actually a Warly main who finds Warly to be the only enjoyable character in the entire game while also finding all the effort you need to achieve similar results to other characters being rather excessive and demotivating every once in a while, probably partially due to a lack of people saying "Thank you!".

On 12/21/2023 at 9:53 AM, arubaro said:

i fear his skill tree. Klei might treat his like they did with woodie's skill tree, removing downsides because people only want power without downdides

i fear klei adding something similar to warly in the form of "dishes gives you more stats" "food penalty last less time" "dishes gives you sanity bonus" and other silly suggestions i read over the years that would ruin his downside.

I don't find the "dishes give you more stats" to be an issue. I've done some thinking and realized it might be better if Warly's stats gained from a dish increase based on how little the dish gives. Hear me out. Rattatouille. 25 hunger for four vegetables that likely would give you atleast 48 hunger or could be used for better dishes? Give that thing doubled stats. Meaty stew? No boost. Alternatively, just rework all the useless crock pot dishes to be worthwhile.

I don't know why, but sometimes I feel like people on here loves to post what they want in the game, have too much expectation and when Klei don't implement it/ implement it but not in a way they want they just become extremely bitter. It's like back seat gaming. Back seat dev-ving, if you will.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Blue Moth said:

Beefy greens are better than pierogi. They're way cheaper and they restore a lot of hunger in addition to the 40 health

Their spoilage sucks tho. It's like they're on some kind of rot yourself speed run or something.

• Like 2

I never craft golden tools. I always have flint on me and flint covers more tools than gold. if you don't need your axe or pick, just drop it because they are cheap to craft another later. it is better for inventory manangement to stick with flint tools and you conserve gold for its more unique crafts.

Willow's bernie tree and affinity are much better than her affinity magic ever was.

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 1
  • Wavey 2
  • Spooky 1

7 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

I never craft golden tools. I always have flint on me and flint covers more tools than gold. if you don't need your axe or pick, just drop it because they are cheap to craft another later. it is better for inventory manangement to stick with flint tools and you conserve gold for its more unique crafts.

This is so scary.. :spidercowers:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Gold is cheaper than flint.

IMO Flint is cheaper than gold in the early game but mid-late game, gold is a lot cheaper. You can also get a lot of gold from the ruins making gold a lot cheaper compared to flint.

Edited by Hi.

6 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Hunger is the most important stat to increase the maxinum capacity. (Meaty stew, qol)

it doesn't do anything after reaching 150 for meaty stew, lower sanity is probably more important since e.g. wes can stay sane for 4.35 minutes after killing a terrorbeak at night, but a wicker needs to kill a terrorbeak and a crawling horror to stay sane for less than a minnute 

2 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Hunger is the most important stat to increase the maxinum capacity. (Meaty stew, qol)

Agreed. High max health rarely matters, and the only time I care for Max sanity is when I'm using the celestial crown, but max hunger? Great stuff. Max hunger less than 150 isn't the end of the world, but it sure feels worse than lower max sanity or hp. 

• Like 1