its a bit too hard to get to endgame

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Your missing my point- most players (extra especially the Mega-Basers..) live in ONE Game Save the entire time they play… and they swap characters using the florid Postern, so they only need to activate Rifts ONCE and then the content is just unlocked regardless of who they swap out for later.

But for me it’s a bit different, I prefer that Single Player DS feeling of once you lock into a specific character, your that character permanently for that save file.

Which means… I can’t just unlock Rift Contents ONCE in my ultra mega dedicated 50000 day Mega Base world and switch characters, Assuming that I DONT just turn rifts on from Day 1 and tackled the content the way Klei intended, I have to go through the quite exhausting process of doing the quest line and fighting the bosses, for every single character in their own game worlds-

And since Xbox only allows 5 save slots, when Klei reworks Wigfrid & Willow- Wolfgang & Wormwoods have to perish.

And depending on how much “New” content Klei decides to lock behind Rifts being activated, it means I have to experience the same repetitive content loop before I reach the new stuff, or just do like I’m currently doing and activating them from the start.

I think it’s actually “Unhealthy” for DST to lock so much content behind such a late game progress loop, like in general I’m used to the game climbing in difficulty the more days you stayed alive.. at least with Solo DS.. so I’m a bit confused why DST doesn’t just activate rifts naturally as a world progresses.

The only Logical explanation I could truly come up with was for Lore related purposes..

But still- Depending on how much content Klei plans to add or change to a post rift world, should it really all be locked away so that players only experience it after doing the questline?

You can turn rifts on in world settings

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

You can turn rifts on in world settings

I Know that… but do you have any idea how long I had to continuously spam the suggestion across the forums until the devs actually added new content into the early game portion of the game?

it was well to be short about it: A lot, & almost to the point I got warnings & bans for going off topic, I could sit here and say I wish Klei would also allow Moonstorm content to be activated same as rifts, but for right now I’m happy with just the rifts.

From my point of view I see it as no different from choosing your starting weather season as random, it lets you jump to experiencing something new within the game without having to wait till for example day 20 for Winter content to kick in.

Yes I am aware that I have access to some “End Game” level weapons and items now, but Honestly I don’t feel like the Brightshade Sword is too terribly much stronger than a Darksword, which I had been using prior to BS Swords- Plus it’s sorta… counter intuitive? Like I mean… Brightshade Items only EVER start seeing an actual advantageous purpose against Planar Enemies- So it’s basically unlocked at the same time as the mobs start spawning.

Some of the NEWER items like Howlitzer & the Bearger Fridge might be more powerful- But they also require you to actually be able to KILL the mutated versions of the bosses.

I guess what I’m trying to say in a TL:DR- Is that the ENTIRE Questline leading up to Rift content is actually irrelevant to interacting with said Rift Content.

I mean don’t get me wrong, it’s fun to do the associated “Quests” when that’s what you wanna do with your time in game, But you don’t actually need for example the Opal Gem or Forbidden Knowledge you activated down in the Lunar Archives to be able to Craft any of the new Rift Items..

So everything Prior to Rifts themselves was pretty much just pointless filler content to get you to that point.

But again… that’s Just my Opinion & Others may not share the same view point, respectfully.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

until the devs actually added new content into the early game portion of the game?

1. The early game is already full of content, in the contrary the late game gets really boring and basically got nothing left to do.

2. The skill trees are early game content, in the current beta there's a new mob available early game.

You don't have to spam anymore.

11 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

The whole point of it being 'lategame' is to do all the hard stuff to reach it, cuz that's where the new harder content is coming.

But I mean.. is the newer content harder? Like I mean when you really sit and you think about it.. are Deadly Brightshades any harder then the robotic sentry bugs in archives? Is Acid Rain anymore difficult than wearing an Eyebrella in Spring/Summer? Maybe the new bosses could arguably be called harder, but for the most part: knowledge of how to fight, and the tools required to fight the new content, only comes from your first interaction with the new content itself.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But I mean.. is the newer content harder? Like I mean when you really sit and you think about it.. are Deadly Brightshades any harder then the robotic sentry bugs in archives? Is Acid Rain anymore difficult than wearing an Eyebrella in Spring/Summer? Maybe the new bosses could arguably be called harder, but for the most part: knowledge of how to fight, and the tools required to fight the new content, only comes from your first interaction with the new content itself.

Yes.

:-? just be grateful that means many content to explore. until u really in the end of game.
this game is when all been done once and u know how to do it well, it wont even a challenge.

pearl quest its not that tedious when u tried. if u only see the list its might be long, but all material needed is easy to collect ..
the fastest i can get pearl by day 18 (by using wortox soul to teleport back and forth). 
u can get lures to fish from bundle of thanks. when u waiting pearl come out from her house at night u can go fish with it. heck yeah if u find heavy weighted lure its even easier to get fishes that pearl like.
u can give pearl just shabby flower umbrella when its raining, and breezy fest when its snowing. 
even giving chair is gain ur likeability. 
if u really want to try the new content just join many public with high day count, where every content already been unlocked. or simply tweaking ur world setting.. 

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

yes

19 hours ago, GamePlayer42 said:

fi

i think it was the first skill tree but then again i just didnt play as much as soon as this year started

Okay long story short- After you Kill Celestial Champion & Ancient FuelWeaver. Wagstaff (CC) & Charlie (AFW) will spawn and you can give them an item they are asking for. When you DO a Warning Message will pop up warning you that your world is about to undergo massive changes in how it plays & it asks if you want to continue, once you accept- Rifts will start spawning into your World on the surface for killing CC & Caves for AFW.

Rifts come with new mobs coming out of portals, new weather effects that activate when a Wild Rift opens, New Resources, and new bosses,- All of which have new kind of “Defense” built in that require weapons, armors and items you can only obtain from engaging with rift contents to obtain (though rifts can be turned on in settings without needing to kill CC & AFW to experience them)

In addition- your first kill of CC & AFW will unlock your “Affinity” (choosen side of alliance power) for the character your playing as Skill tree (once they get one..) you can only choose ONE Affinity (Lunar or Shadow) so pick wisely.

10 minutes ago, HellHeater said:

Boss hp scaling. 
Literally, that's the only thing we need to completely balance the playthrough. I don't even care if mobs' hp stays the same. It is the bosses that were balanced around 3-4 players that breaks everything.

which bosses specifically? imo shadow pieces, bq, dfly, FW, nightmare werepig, frostjaw, seasonal bosses, malbatross etc. have an acceptable amount of hp for solo, the fights would've been too short if they had less

6 minutes ago, grm9 said:

which bosses specifically?

Bee Queen(the minion spam), Fuel Weaver(the healing& immunity spam), Crab King(the healing spam), Toadstool and Misery Toadstool, Twins of Terror(honestly this one needs a redesign). These bosses' stats and spamming abilities should be tuned down for solo.

1 minute ago, _zwb said:

Bee Queen(the minion spam), Fuel Weaver(the healing& immunity spam), Crab King(the healing spam), Toadstool and Misery Toadstool, Twins of Terror(honestly this one needs a redesign). These bosses' stats and spamming abilities should be tuned down for solo.

you can still do BQ and FW in less than 10 mins with default damage multiplier and you can cancel CK's healing with bees, toad and twins are bad either way 

15 minutes ago, grm9 said:

you can still do BQ and FW in less than 10 mins with default damage multiplier and you can cancel CK's healing with bees, toad and twins are bad either way 

Somehow I get the unshakeable feeling that Klei didn’t consider “bees” as the solution to fighting crab king.

Because ima just be straight forward about it, I recently spent roughly two weeks of my real human hours attempting to fight EXCLUSIVELY Crab King, and I tried using various different strategies and weapons and every time I died, I’d roll the world back and attempt the fight again.

And during these two weeks, I found myself really enjoying need to quickly paddle out of the way of Geysers, get a few whacks in on the crab to later have my grass raft pinched and held down in place by claws while I had to quickly plop down a new grass raft before the pinned claws and the geysers could do me in.

What I did not enjoy about the fight at all however was it’s Weather status effect, or it’s ability to heal itself to the point I just got completely disheartened with even trying the entire fight then just put 40 something bee mines on a boat to kill him while I just casually sail around in circles on a single grass raft out of the range of the pinching claws & basically didn’t interact with the fight at all.. 

How incredibly boring…

that’s a shame too because otherwise it could’ve been really fun.

41 minutes ago, _zwb said:

you can do something doesn't mean it's a good experience

imo it always is in case of FW and it depends on the strat in case of BQ, abusing moon shrooms as wormwood or shadow prison as maxwell is fun, CK would've been fun if either claws had less hp or items and puffins didn't block boat placement or preferrably both 

On 10/6/2023 at 1:18 AM, Rumple__ said:

It's an uncompromising survival game... its meant to be hard

It's not hard, it's just dropping random jumpscares and weird mechanics on you like not being able to tell when it's getting colder before it's too late, irl you can tell the weather is colder and colder as days pass easily.

That's like coming to easy test from subject you weren't present at. You will fail if you didn't learn what will be on it even if it's easy. 

Also it's tedious at times, some terrible boss like crab king will just drain tons of your time, it's not particulary hard fight but how can one after their first few tries figure out on their own he heals unless using mods also game doesn't make it any easier to figure out how to prevent the healing. 

Also the survival aspect is doodoo here, especially since we have bananas and stone fruits, food is much effort.  

Seems like only thing to enjoy for most of us is combat but it's also simple, new bosses like nightmare werepig and frostjaw are nice addition but it would be cool if fighting was something more than just hit X times and run away. With new boss fights lately like those two or reworked guardian it's a bit better since we can now start actually thinking and paying attention to more than one kind of attack. Wigfrid now can block and do a dash attack as sort of additions to combat i'd like to see but it's just one character. Moose's charge would be quite something if it could be used against bosses as something more than just dodge but already just that might spice things up as with enraged dragonfly fight.  

30 minutes ago, Wonz said:

It's not hard, it's just dropping random jumpscares and weird mechanics on you like not being able to tell when it's getting colder before it's too late, irl you can tell the weather is colder and colder as days pass easily.

That's like coming to easy test from subject you weren't present at. You will fail if you didn't learn what will be on it even if it's easy. 

Also it's tedious at times, some terrible boss like crab king will just drain tons of your time, it's not particulary hard fight but how can one after their first few tries figure out on their own he heals unless using mods also game doesn't make it any easier to figure out how to prevent the healing. 

Also the survival aspect is doodoo here, especially since we have bananas and stone fruits, food is much effort.  

Seems like only thing to enjoy for most of us is combat but it's also simple, new bosses like nightmare werepig and frostjaw are nice addition but it would be cool if fighting was something more than just hit X times and run away. With new boss fights lately like those two or reworked guardian it's a bit better since we can now start actually thinking and paying attention to more than one kind of attack. Wigfrid now can block and do a dash attack as sort of additions to combat i'd like to see but it's just one character. Moose's charge would be quite something if it could be used against bosses as something more than just dodge but already just that might spice things up as with enraged dragonfly fight.  

why are everyone considering nightmare werepig as the first good boss even though FW also had many attacks that you need to react to differently 

5 hours ago, grm9 said:

why are everyone considering nightmare werepig as the first good boss even though FW also had many attacks that you need to react to differently 

There are multiple reasons, the most important one is the difficulty difference. So few people can kill FW when there is already a low amount of players that can solo bosses so that means Nightmare Werepig is easier boss and more players can beat him.

The outcome of losing the fight isn't even comparable to Fuelweaver, you can always leave or die and revive with life giving amulet.

You don't need to gather nearly as much resources, I doubt there are people that like preparing everything they need for Fuelweaver fight, this also makes the previous point of losing the fight usually result in a rollback for majority of the players that attempt it until they succeed. Let's say that the player doesn't want to rollback, it is still going to take a long time to go back, so it isn't just the resources that are wasted.

I don't know the percentages of people that do this but what happens is that veteran players play beta or whenever update goes live and turn godmode/spawn items and practice these boss fights. I don't think players in general are willing to accept a loss and prepare for the fight multiple times until they learn.

Archived