its a bit too hard to get to endgame

3 hours ago, GamePlayer42 said:

its a bit too hard to reach endgame where alot of the content of the game is rn and i think they should lighten up with the day/season requirements to make things easier

That's why you can enable rifts in world settings :)

well said, dont make it easier, just lighten the season reqs

i'd suggest for cactus to bloom in the first few days of autumn to have an easier time with pearl and maybe let wormwood put a lureplant on her island and destroy it for a point

7 hours ago, GamePlayer42 said:

its a bit too hard to reach endgame where alot of the content of the game is rn and i think they should lighten up with the day/season requirements to make things easier

There’s also the thought that this is only the “end game” currently.. but time can only tell where or how far the game is going to go beyond that and we could realistically reach a point where End Game content gets replaced with new content, thus pushing what WAS the End Game into the Mid-Game. Kinda like how ANR replaced RoG, and RoT replaced ANR.

It is possible Klei will develop new early, mid, & end game contents as we venture forward into the unknown for the game franchise. 

But the more content that ends up locked behind the current end game, the more it’s going to feel like it’s way to Grindy to reach the “Mid-Game” if you get what I’m saying..

This is of course only a “What If” Scenario, but I like to consider the What Ifs.

1 hour ago, Retepeter said:

well said, dont make it easier, just lighten the season reqs

i'd suggest for cactus to bloom in the first few days of autumn to have an easier time with pearl and maybe let wormwood put a lureplant on her island and destroy it for a point

I thought they removed the cactus flower requirement recently? Or maybe I'm  thinking of something else 

3 hours ago, Retepeter said:

I'm talking about giving her a flowersalad

There actually is a way to complete the task without the flower salad, but it requires doing annoying tasks such as giving her an umbrella when it starts raining, and a Bearger Vest when it starts snowing.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

There actually is a way to complete the task without the flower salad, but it requires doing annoying tasks such as giving her an umbrella when it starts raining, and a Bearger Vest when it starts snowing.

I'm aware, we're just saying that it could be lightened, since you need to fish a bunch if you wanna get it in autumn

My problem is in order to access the new content you have to go through a ton of freaking stuff, like way too much for the lunar side. You have to complete pearls, kill crah king, do moon stone event, go into archives. I think the thing with the archives is fine but the pearl quest and crab king are just terrible. So after you get all of that you have to transport it to lunar island and complete the moon storm. Then finally after all of those things you had to do, you freaking finally get to fight the final boss. Then you get access to all of the new lunar content and stuff. All of this can take an in game year or so

I don't find this a problem with fuel weaver. All of it is on land and doesn't require that much work. All you need to do is kill ancient guardian, shadow pieces, day walker, then you can kill fuel weaver around day 35. You get access to the new shadow stuff, much easier than pearl and the archives.

I really like the new armored beager, crystal deerclops, and new varg and armor. But its such a shame that you have to go through so many other things before you can finally fight them. I know that you can enable the rifts in the menu but that requires you to go into the menu. A standard server isn't going to have rifts enabled by default.

I don't think it's hard but it's so freaking tedious. Just thinking about stuff I need to do for CC is giving me a headache. While the AF quest line has its flaws (mainly, locating the atrium), it still feels like an adventure where you explore the unknown places and slaughter bosses. The CC quest line is just a list of chores with a god awful boss on top of that. 

On 10/6/2023 at 12:18 AM, Rumple__ said:

It's an uncompromising survival game... its meant to be hard

its not really hard just tedious 

On 10/8/2023 at 8:18 PM, maxwell_winters said:

I don't think it's hard but it's so freaking tedious. Just thinking about stuff I need to do for CC is giving me a headache. While the AF quest line has its flaws (mainly, locating the atrium), it still feels like an adventure where you explore the unknown places and slaughter bosses. The CC quest line is just a list of chores with a god awful boss on top of that. 

cc is fun idk what ur talking abt

In general I have several (self-imposed) rules when I play DST, the first rule is that once I spawn out the florid Postern I’m permanently locked to the character choice I choose the entire time.. so anything built or done in the world is exclusively done as that character.

(Just like Solo DS and it’s DLCs)

Another thing I enjoy sometimes (not always though..) is Deletion of entire worlds upon death- (again another feature from Solo DS)

And Rule 3- Retro fitting new content into existing long term worlds SUCKS and it’s better to just start a new save file so that new content can be generated into the world as intended.

What I DO NOT ENJOY AT ALL However is having a good chunk of gameplay content locked behind dedicating your entire lifetime to one world.

I like playing as multiple different characters, I like exploring and mapping out the world- But due to Xbox only having 5 Character Save Slots and me opting NOT to abuse character swapping…

I often times have to “Delete” one of my 5 save slots to start a brand new world as a new playable character choice- 

Skill Trees while amazing, often come with heavy consequences for me: In order to stick to my self imposed rules, I have to say goodbye to one of my other game worlds.

Deleting for example the two world saved I played in as Wormwood & Wolfgang to unlock and test out their skill trees To make room for Wigfrid & Willows.

As a result: Most my worlds don’t last past day 500 or so.. before being “Replaced” by a fresh start.

So for people like me who can’t necessarily dedicate a hell of a lot of time to unlocking Rift Content EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU START A NEW WORLD it’s great to have the OPTION to activate that content without all the lengthy Quest progress required to reach that point.

The more “late game” content Klei adds to DST or the more character skill and abilities they lock behind hours and hours of progress- the less likely I am to ever experience it.

I would prefer more early game stuff like the new Beta Boss, something you can simply build a boat and sail out to explore. Or more ways to experience new game content earlier.

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

In general I have several (self-imposed) rules when I play DST, the first rule is that once I spawn out the florid Postern I’m permanently locked to the character choice I choose the entire time.. so anything built or done in the world is exclusively done as that character.

(Just like Solo DS and it’s DLCs)

Another thing I enjoy sometimes (not always though..) is Deletion of entire worlds upon death- (again another feature from Solo DS)

And Rule 3- Retro fitting new content into existing long term worlds SUCKS and it’s better to just start a new save file so that new content can be generated into the world as intended.

What I DO NOT ENJOY AT ALL However is having a good chunk of gameplay content locked behind dedicating your entire lifetime to one world.

I like playing as multiple different characters, I like exploring and mapping out the world- But due to Xbox only having 5 Character Save Slots and me opting NOT to abuse character swapping…

I often times have to “Delete” one of my 5 save slots to start a brand new world as a new playable character choice- 

Skill Trees while amazing, often come with heavy consequences for me: In order to stick to my self imposed rules, I have to say goodbye to one of my other game worlds.

Deleting for example the two world saved I played in as Wormwood & Wolfgang to unlock and test out their skill trees To make room for Wigfrid & Willows.

As a result: Most my worlds don’t last past day 500 or so.. before being “Replaced” by a fresh start.

So for people like me who can’t necessarily dedicate a hell of a lot of time to unlocking Rift Content EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU START A NEW WORLD it’s great to have the OPTION to activate that content without all the lengthy Quest progress required to reach that point.

The more “late game” content Klei adds to DST or the more character skill and abilities they lock behind hours and hours of progress- the less likely I am to ever experience it.

I would prefer more early game stuff like the new Beta Boss, something you can simply build a boat and sail out to explore. Or more ways to experience new game content earlier.

500 days is more than enough time to activate rifts, portals, wormholes and see pearl dying by ageing 

I don’t really have too much of an issue with it. The hardest parts of the CC questline are getting the pearl’s pearl (and fighting CK…) and getting the opal gem needed for the archives, but those are pretty much the main inhibitors from getting the quest complete. If you put in a bit for effort, its fairly realistic to get it done by year 2 on a more casual pace, or year 1 if you plan on rushing it. The rewards you get from doing so also justify the amount of work you need to get the rifts up, in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

As a result: Most my worlds don’t last past day 500 or so.. before being “Replaced” by a fresh start

you don't need even 50 days to unlock rifts btw

13 minutes ago, grm9 said:

you don't need even 50 days to unlock rifts btw

Your missing my point- most players (extra especially the Mega-Basers..) live in ONE Game Save the entire time they play… and they swap characters using the florid Postern, so they only need to activate Rifts ONCE and then the content is just unlocked regardless of who they swap out for later.

But for me it’s a bit different, I prefer that Single Player DS feeling of once you lock into a specific character, your that character permanently for that save file.

Which means… I can’t just unlock Rift Contents ONCE in my ultra mega dedicated 50000 day Mega Base world and switch characters, Assuming that I DONT just turn rifts on from Day 1 and tackled the content the way Klei intended, I have to go through the quite exhausting process of doing the quest line and fighting the bosses, for every single character in their own game worlds-

And since Xbox only allows 5 save slots, when Klei reworks Wigfrid & Willow- Wolfgang & Wormwoods have to perish.

And depending on how much “New” content Klei decides to lock behind Rifts being activated, it means I have to experience the same repetitive content loop before I reach the new stuff, or just do like I’m currently doing and activating them from the start.

I think it’s actually “Unhealthy” for DST to lock so much content behind such a late game progress loop, like in general I’m used to the game climbing in difficulty the more days you stayed alive.. at least with Solo DS.. so I’m a bit confused why DST doesn’t just activate rifts naturally as a world progresses.

The only Logical explanation I could truly come up with was for Lore related purposes..

But still- Depending on how much content Klei plans to add or change to a post rift world, should it really all be locked away so that players only experience it after doing the questline?

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Your missing my point- most players (extra especially the Mega-Basers..) live in ONE Game Save the entire time they play… and they swap characters using the florid Postern, so they only need to activate Rifts ONCE and then the content is just unlocked regardless of who they swap out for later.

But for me it’s a bit different, I prefer that Single Player DS feeling of once you lock into a specific character, your that character permanently for that save file.

Which means… I can’t just unlock Rift Contents ONCE in my ultra mega dedicated 50000 day Mega Base world and switch characters, Assuming that I DONT just turn rifts on from Day 1 and tackled the content the way Klei intended, I have to go through the quite exhausting process of doing the quest line and fighting the bosses, for every single character in their own game worlds-

And since Xbox only allows 5 save slots, when Klei reworks Wigfrid & Willow- Wolfgang & Wormwoods have to perish.

And depending on how much “New” content Klei decides to lock behind Rifts being activated, it means I have to experience the same repetitive content loop before I reach the new stuff, or just do like I’m currently doing and activating them from the start.

I think it’s actually “Unhealthy” for DST to lock so much content behind such a late game progress loop, like in general I’m used to the game climbing in difficulty the more days you stayed alive.. at least with Solo DS.. so I’m a bit confused why DST doesn’t just activate rifts naturally as a world progresses.

The only Logical explanation I could truly come up with was for Lore related purposes..

But still- Depending on how much content Klei plans to add or change to a post rift world, should it really all be locked away so that players only experience it after doing the questline?

wouldn't make more sense to go to the Xbox section and ask for more slots?? 

Archived