its a bit too hard to get to endgame

15 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

You don't need to gather nearly as much resources, I doubt there are people that like preparing everything they need for Fuelweaver fight

that's the good thing about the fight, you can skip a large part of the prep if you know how to do it without weather pains/the lazy explorer/nightmare amulet

18 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

veteran players play beta or whenever update goes live and turn godmode/spawn items and practice these boss fights

i see nothing wrong with that aside from the fact that this isn't available on console 

1 minute ago, grm9 said:

that's the good thing about the fight, you can skip a large part of the prep if you know how to do it without weather pains/the lazy explorer/nightmare amulet

We go back to the previous point, you can do it with minimal use of resources but even players that can beat FW solo can barely do it with all the ease of the said items.

The time investment to reach that point is probably not worth for majority that can currently kill the boss, why would an average veteran player go out of their way to practice the fight that much?

3 minutes ago, grm9 said:

i see nothing wrong with that aside from the fact that this isn't available on console 

What is wrong about it is that the same players will speak how nothing in the game is hard for them anymore after they watch youtube guides and practice new bosses. Obviously if someone knows all the dangers and has all the knowledge they will not have any trouble, that is what DST was built upon.

22 hours ago, grm9 said:

why are everyone considering nightmare werepig as the first good boss even though FW also had many attacks that you need to react to differently 

Because I don't like using stuff that can't be recharged or available to make outside of ruins.  

On 12/5/2023 at 5:56 PM, landromat said:

... that's the point

i phrased that badly to begin with, its just tedious and overwhelmingly grindy atp. and considering alot of content is hidden past this i think they need to lighten up on the requirements for certain things, like seasonal or time requirements, and making certain things necessary to progression easier to find

im happy to say that its getting better, though

4 hours ago, Hi. said:

Well, if the devs mad the end game easy to get to, it wouldn't be much of a endgame.

This will only be true as long as the endgame, actually remains to be the endgame… But as we all know- that isn’t exactly how things work with the Dont Starve franchise now is it? And the further away the end game gets pushed, and new content replaces the current endgame- Then the easier the older content needs to become to get to the new stuff.

OTHERWISE you end up with a game that has a ton of content that only occurs after what was originally considered the “EndGame” but as time went on and newer stuff came out after that original Endgame, then only a small percentage of players will ever actually see or reach the newer stuff.

Personally I don’t see that as a good business decision, but hey.. who am I to say what’s best for business? *shrugs*

well, souls games exist, where tons of content exist and is hidden or hard obtainable. And common response to complains about games being hard or not able to reach some content is to get good.

People love hard games, people love content that is hard to get. people value anything that is harder to obtain more.

I see that you all just want to see all the content but do not want to actually play the game. You want just reward, without any effort

11 hours ago, GamePlayer42 said:

i phrased that badly to begin with, its just tedious and overwhelmingly grindy atp. and considering alot of content is hidden past this i think they need to lighten up on the requirements for certain things, like seasonal or time requirements, and making certain things necessary to progression easier to find

im happy to say that its getting better, though

You've still not mentioned what mechanics you believe to be like this. You'd be able to get a far more constructive conversation about your ideas if you could shed a bit more light on it for us.

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This will only be true as long as the endgame, actually remains to be the endgame… But as we all know- that isn’t exactly how things work with the Dont Starve franchise now is it? And the further away the end game gets pushed, and new content replaces the current endgame- Then the easier the older content needs to become to get to the new stuff.

OTHERWISE you end up with a game that has a ton of content that only occurs after what was originally considered the “EndGame” but as time went on and newer stuff came out after that original Endgame, then only a small percentage of players will ever actually see or reach the newer stuff.

Personally I don’t see that as a good business decision, but hey.. who am I to say what’s best for business? *shrugs*

I don't think Klei will make 50% of the game locked behind the endgame and I don't think the endgame is getting pushed farther. to reach the endgame you have to kill FW or CC to unlock the rift content and I think that's where Klei will wrap up the game's story and endgame content. There are a few signs that the end game and story might end (especially in the 2023 roadmap). When I mean "wrap up the game" I mean that Klei will stop expanding the story and will probably focus on skill trees and small content updates (or maybe dlc but idk how that would work). 

On 12/2/2023 at 7:33 PM, Maxil20 said:

I don’t really have too much of an issue with it. The hardest parts of the CC questline are getting the pearl’s pearl (and fighting CK…) and getting the opal gem needed for the archives, but those are pretty much the main inhibitors from getting the quest complete. If you put in a bit for effort, its fairly realistic to get it done by year 2 on a more casual pace, or year 1 if you plan on rushing it. The rewards you get from doing so also justify the amount of work you need to get the rifts up, in my opinion.

I think the rewards for killing the celestial champion are not worth the fight. But the rift content in another hand makes it worth it. Just the boss drops that are meh.

11 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

I think the rewards for killing the celestial champion are not worth the fight. But the rift content in another hand makes it worth it. Just the boss drops that are meh.

A head slot light option that doesnt need refill with damage boost is a great item. They also drop tons of glass for the best axe so you can kill toad without grinding weather pains, moon rock and in future fights you get 6 lightbulbs for 6 lamps

For me is totally worth and a fight i enjoy repeating for the drops and to enjoy the fight itself (i wish phase1 was funnier and wont break in multiplayer tho)

8 minutes ago, arubaro said:

A head slot light option that doesnt need refill with damage boost is a great item

You can counter darkness with a torch, you don't need your head slot for it and if you want a casual gameplay, wx78 circuits can give you night vision without sacrificing your head slot or having to be sane

Sure the dps added is great, but you already beat 90% of the game, and all the bosses after cc is dead require either bs armor or warbis head gear to fight.

They also drop tons of glass for the best axe so you can kill toad without grinding weather pains, moon rock and in future fights you get 6 lightbulbs for 6 lamps

Just play woodie for infinite better axe. Also, lamp light is only decorational if you have infinite light already, at that point in the game you might also have sanity food stored in your polar Berger bin even if the crown itself feels unnecessary (still is)

For me is totally worth and a fight i enjoy repeating for the drops and to enjoy the fight itself (i wish phase1 was funnier and wont break in multiplayer tho)

I agree, the fight itself is amazing and even if the drops are not that great imo, opening that giant glass loot case always gives me pleasure, for all the hard work and everything that lead to that point. That feeling of accomplishment is rarely found in games.

1 minute ago, Swiyss said:

You can counter darkness with a torch, you don't need your head slot for it and if you want a casual gameplay, wx78 circuits can give you night vision without sacrificing your head slot or having to be sane

Sure the dps added is great, but you already beat 90% of the game, and all the bosses after cc is dead require either bs armor or warbis head gear to fight.

Just play woodie for infinite better axe. Also, lamp light is only decorational if you have infinite light already, at that point in the game you might also have sanity food stored in your polar Berger bin.

I agree, the fight itself is amazing and even if the drops are not that great imo, opening that giant glass loot case always gives me pleasure, for all the hard work and everything that lead to that point. That feeling of accomplishment is rarely found in games.

I dont even know how to answere you... sure, cc crown is bad because torches... and glass useless because woodie... i love to play woodie when im not playing woodie

Schools should start teaching "how to defend your opinion with arguments that make sense"

2 minutes ago, arubaro said:

I dont even know how to answere you... sure, cc crown is bad because torches...

I used to like the crown. Then I started playing wx, and when you don't have to care about light on day 2, the crown feels useless as a drop. And every other character can use a torch, lantern, moogles, miner hat etc.

6 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

I used to like the crown. Then I started playing wx, and when you don't have to care about light on day 2, the crown feels useless as a drop. And every other character can use a torch, lantern, moogles, miner hat etc.

There are more characters than wx and every item you mentioned need refill or being recrafted, for that cc crown is better without even takingin count the sanity regeneration and the damage boost. Is not useless, useless is to mention a torch, which takes hand slot, is an option vs the crown...

I dont even know how to answere you... sure, cc crown is bad because torches... and glass useless because woodie... i love to play woodie when im not playing woodie

Schools should start teaching "how to defend your opinion with arguments that make sense"

We didn't actually made an agreement before hand so I apologize. My take was meant to be taken in consideration what is the best way to play the game. If you wanna play only wilson or have so character perks don't actually affect gameplay then yeah I agree. The crown is an amazing item if you're not playing wx78. The glass axes are great alternatives if you're fighting toadstool without woodie sure.

However some things here might feel redundant to me. I agree with your point, but I'm afraid you haven't experienced much of the other characters enough (I'm sorry in advance if I assume incorrectly) so that they actually feel like good alternatives to your standard gameplay.

If I can give you an advice, I would advice you to kill misery toadstool once with woodie, and then never fight him again and actually multiply his drops with green gems (amulets and deconstruction staves).

1 minute ago, Swiyss said:

We didn't actually made an agreement before hand so I apologize. My take was meant to be taken in consideration what is the best way to play the game. If you wanna play only wilson or have so character perks don't actually affect gameplay then yeah I agree. The crown is an amazing item if you're not playing wx78. The glass axes are great alternatives if you're fighting toadstool without woodie sure.

However some things here might feel redundant to me. I agree with your point, but I'm afraid you haven't experienced much of the other characters enough (I'm sorry in advance if I assume incorrectly) so that they actually feel like good alternatives to your standard gameplay.

If I can give you an advice, I would advice you to kill misery toadstool once with woodie, and then never fight him again and actually multiply his drops with green gems (amulets and deconstruction staves).

I have atlesst 100h with each character except winona and wicker. Neither with the refreshed weeber, i know how each character work but i dont abuse celestial portal to do every task because i dont find fun on doing it

I dont need to kill misery as woodie because i have killed it multiple times as many characters with moon glasses. Also i dont get why someone who uses the portal would choose him over wolfgang+moon glasses or any other combat character

2 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Also i dont get why someone who uses the portal would choose him over wolfgang+moon glasses or any other combat character

Wolfgang is the only character in the game that I don't play. That's something I said to myself in DS beta. That's just a very specific thing for me. Something about one shotting spider doesn't feel right for me, yet I play wendy and let abigail kill them for me. It's just a "me" thing. 

But if that wasn't the case then I would probably be using him for misery.

On 10/6/2023 at 1:18 AM, Rumple__ said:

It's an uncompromising survival game

That would be "Don't Starve"

"Don't Starve Together" is a chill farming simulator / base building game you can enjoy with friends or strangers

7 hours ago, Swiyss said:

Wolfgang is the only character in the game that I don't play. That's something I said to myself in DS beta. That's just a very specific thing for me. Something about one shotting spider doesn't feel right for me, yet I play wendy and let abigail kill them for me. It's just a "me" thing. 

But if that wasn't the case then I would probably be using him for misery.

Wolfgang Effectively cuts ANY boss regardless of if it has 3000hp or 3,000,000 hp down to HALF of that number..

He is the most unfair, highly busted thing in Dont Starve Together, but it is his “Gimmick” and people love him, taking that away from him would strip him of his identity.

I never actually Understood the Wolfgang Vs Wigfrid Argument, Wigfrid is never going to instantly cut every fight she enters down by half.

Archived