[Game Update] - 575324

V2C

• Developer

Changes

• Added Ice Crystaleyezer Kit.
  • Wobsters can now be mutated into their lunar version using a Steeped Lunar Essence.
  • Bright-Eyed Frog no longer attacks Merms (including Wurt).
  • Hunts for now will be guaranteed to have branches for further testing on the mechanic.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug causing Bearger to Yawn repeatedly even when it is not in hibernation season.
  • Fixed bug causing Deerclops to roar repeatedly during combat.
  • Crystal Deerclops no longer drops an extra Festive Light during Winters Feast.
  • Fixed bug causing Possessed Varg to summon too many hounds due to losing track of current followers when they mutate.
  • Player ghosts are no longer affected by cold flame attacks.
  • Fixed hunts retaining information between prior successful hunts.
  • Fixed the missing icons in the Curio Cabinet for the Record skins.
  • Fixed Skittersquids trying to follow food to the world origin when food is placed in a Magician’s Top Hat.
  • Fixed notes in the Scrapbook using Warg instead of Varg, and Penguin instead of Pengull.
  • Fixed Bulbous Lightbugs not being lunar aligned.
  • Fixed a crash in hunts while the Hallowed Nights event is enabled.
  • Fixed some crashes related to the W.A.R.B.I.S. armor set.
  • Fixed crash caused by defeating a Deerclops, Bearger or Varg in the caves.
  • Fixed a crash when no player is in the surface world.
  • Fixed missing Houndius Shootius’s base on the placer animation.
  • Fixed Ice Crystaleyezer’s eyeball layering issue.
  • Fixed corpses not disappearing if no player is nearby before they are possessed.
  • Fixed the Ice Crystaleyezer changing the temperature of Thermal Stones when they are in a shadow storage container.
  • Fixed corpses being able to mutate when the creature dies in the ocean.
  • Fixed occasional Wagstaff appearances not happening and Abandoned Junk not spawning on worlds where Lunar Rift was already enabled.
  • Fixed farm plants not being affected by Ice Crystaleyezer's temperature change.
  • Fixed some Ice Crystaleyezer’s minimap icon issues.
  • Fixed Ice Crystaleyezer’s deploy helper showing an erroneously larger radius.

View full update

• Like 27
  • Big Ups 1

20 minutes ago, V2C said:

Fixed occasional Wagstaff appearances not happening and Abandoned Junk not spawning on worlds where Lunar Rift was already enabled.

I was almost going to make a post asking for hint because I was clueless of what to do, I hope this was my issue.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Any speedy people know what this is yet?

Is just a building kit for the Ice Crystaleyezer. Like how there is an Ocean Trawler kit or a Boat kit.

If you mean the Ice Crystaleyezer itself..

Spoiler

It is a reward for killing some mutated bosses for Wagstaff. Generates an aura around it that mimics Winter and prevents summer smoldering in the same area.

• Like 2
  • Happy Hazard 1

53 minutes ago, V2C said:

We are definitely going to be taking another look at lunar hail probably next week.  We just wanted to get the rest of the build stable first since we're heading into a long weekend =)

Have a safe weekend, this is a fantastic update. *Insert Italian hand gesture emoji*

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, doug27fani said:

Does anyone have the command to start the new rain to test?

first you put this

require("debugcommands")

then this

d_togglelunarhail()

or you can just wait, it doesnt take that long to start, I was playing today and it happened quite a few times

• Like 3

All the dumbest solutions to hail I could come up with:

- opposite of bath bomb, that dissolves lunar glass back into water- shoot it into the sky to prevent hail for a while (Who cares about lore implications)

- an extension for the rain-o-meter so that it shows if hail is coming

- lunar glass statue of a specific boss (whichever fits most) absorbs the glass in an area

- biiiiiiig fan that blows the hail away, best if mounted on top of pillars so you have to build those in the forest too

- allow us to put football helmets on all mobs and also walls cause that would look amazing

- just say no, the hail legally cannot damage you or your property without your consent

- a spittle fish cannon that will spit at the hail to soften the impact and protect your livelyhood automatically

- give life giving amulets to all your pets, they love chains, I promise

- a Wormwood NPC that you can bribe with seeds so he will ask his moon-parent to stop the hail for a while

- introduce roofs into the game and plunge all bases into eternal shade

- have your character comment that mobs are doing amazing acrobatics to avoid the damage it's just so fast we can't see it

- make the hail destroy all structures, plants, trees, set pieces, spawners in one hit and banish players to the caves forever

• Like 8
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 2

9 minutes ago, Starman7408 said:

Could someone explain what this means, at least the "branches" part?

From what I've seen, when you reach the last hunt pile thing, instead of being one, there will be two (or more apparently) and you can choose which will be the last, resulting on different encounters.

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

This is still a thing....Image_1696020767426.png.fd8c6b4e7a3f53d0bcf69e049d2c5cba.png

the true question is, if you put a thermal stone there, would it heat up or freeze?

• Like 7
  • Sanity 2

2 hours ago, V2C said:

We are definitely going to be taking another look at lunar hail probably next week.  We just wanted to get the rest of the build stable first since we're heading into a long weekend =)

Please stop it from damaging mobs. Increase damage to the player, hell make only Umbralla effective with it destroying the durability of other rain gear (the hail puts holes in your umbrella or Eyebrella) really quickly just like acid rain but please for the love of god remove the damage it does to mobs. This doesn't increase difficulty or serve any real purpose other than highly damaging long term worlds and undoing potential endless hours of work players have put in to their long term worlds. 

Every other aspect of this beta sounds amazing.

Edited by GelatinousCube
  • Like 1
  • Wavey 1

2 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Please stop it from damaging mobs. Increase damage to the player, hell make only Umbralla effective with it destroying the durability of other rain gear (the hail puts holes in your umbrella or Eyebrella) really quickly just like acid rain but please for the love of god remove the damage it does to mobs. This doesn't increase difficulty or serve any real purpose other than highly damaging long term worlds and undoing potential endless hours of work players have put in to their long term worlds. 

Every other aspect of this beta sounds amazing.

They will address it, but sadly, only after the long weekend (sources: trust me and one of the devs said that in another post).

2 hours ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Bright-Eyed Frog no longer attacks Merms (including Wurt).

Sorry if this sounds rude or unnecessary, but wouldn't the frogs be under the Lunar command? (A.K.A. hating everyone equally)

I'm not calling for a nerf/revert, just want answers.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Potato Cup 1

5 minutes ago, Valase said:

Sorry if this sounds rude or unnecessary, but wouldn't the frogs be under the Lunar command? (A.K.A. hating everyone equally)

I think it's more a lunar mutation, similar to how moon spiders are neutral to Webber

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1

25 minutes ago, Valase said:

I imagine this is to place Wurt in line with how mutated spiders are still friendly with other normal spiders.

Edited by Mysterious box
Ignore this just realized someone else already answered...
  • Like 1
  • Health 1

2 hours ago, V2C said:

If I can make a strange suggestion about that.. it’s raining chunks of literal lunar moon/glass shards right?

And.. you guys have this clear pattern in lunar creature designs.

IMG_5919.webp.60a4880d94912800e702e35fc283cee1.webp

IMG_5921.thumb.png.8b46f5abca87d5abefcce7f9327fa46a.png

IMG_5925.thumb.png.d859d61fbcee57207eee7608baa56d89.png

So why not just let hail shards impale and mutate mobs like this?

• Like 3