[Game Update] - 575324

V2C

16 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

it's weird, brightshades hurt wormwood, but frogs and spiders keep their loyalties, sorting out cosmic horror shouldn't be simple i guess

It’s probably for gameplay reasons, the bright shades specifically punish players for going in head first and not attacking the vines so why would they make the wormwoods have to take that hit.

2 hours ago, BezKa said:

All the dumbest solutions to hail I could come up with:

- opposite of bath bomb, that dissolves lunar glass back into water- shoot it into the sky to prevent hail for a while (Who cares about lore implications)

- an extension for the rain-o-meter so that it shows if hail is coming

- lunar glass statue of a specific boss (whichever fits most) absorbs the glass in an area

- biiiiiiig fan that blows the hail away, best if mounted on top of pillars so you have to build those in the forest too

- allow us to put football helmets on all mobs and also walls cause that would look amazing

- just say no, the hail legally cannot damage you or your property without your consent

- a spittle fish cannon that will spit at the hail to soften the impact and protect your livelyhood automatically

- give life giving amulets to all your pets, they love chains, I promise

- a Wormwood NPC that you can bribe with seeds so he will ask his moon-parent to stop the hail for a while

- introduce roofs into the game and plunge all bases into eternal shade

- have your character comment that mobs are doing amazing acrobatics to avoid the damage it's just so fast we can't see it

- make the hail destroy all structures, plants, trees, set pieces, spawners in one hit and banish players to the caves forever

All of these are perfect and I love them

• Health 1

Update looking good so far. Only concerns I would bring up is:
1 - the time it takes to craft the new items is too long. 1 year for 1 item means 3 years for all 3.. and that's just for 1 player. What if you are in a multiplayer world where everyone wants a cooling pack and the new blowdart?

2 - dart might be too strong. I know ranged combat was never really good in this game, and normal darts do more damage.. but the new one seems waayy too easy to mass produce ammo for, and it stacks up to 40. Sure melee weapons can still deal more damage, but the comfort of having safety through range is a very big deal for something that does damage equal to one of the top damaging melee weapons.

suggested solutions:
1 - either make each boss give the arc thingy instead of having to kill all 3. Or, make hostile flares able to spawn more beargers.

2 - if my previous solution gets implemented, the dart can have a durability so it's not permanent, and players would need to constantly hunt vargs to always have the weapon.

Edited by BB Marioni
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, dois raios said:

first you put this

require("debugcommands")

then this

d_togglelunarhail()

or you can just wait, it doesnt take that long to start, I was playing today and it happened quite a few times

So this is why toggling it with pushworldevent didn't work

Edited by gamehun20
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

1 - the time it takes to craft the new items is too long. 1 year for 1 item means 3 years for all 3.. and that's just for 1 player. What if you are in a multiplayer world where everyone wants a cooling pack and the new blowdart?

2 - dart might be too strong. I know ranged combat was never really good in this game, and normal darts do more damage.. but the new one seems waayy too easy to mass produce ammo for, and it stacks up to 40. Sure melee weapons can still deal more damage, but the comfort of having safety through range is a very big deal for something that does damage equal to one of the top damaging melee weapons.

question, how do you mass produce hound tooth? given that a stack of hound tooth is like 2.7k damage, its only good if you have overflowing supply of em

having to setup the varg farm for them also takes heaps of resources and needing to beat 3 crystal bosses which is post rift already, I see this weapon to be quite hard to obtain and maintain

• Like 5

Just now, mykenception said:

question, how do you mass produce hound tooth? given that a stack of hound tooth is like 2.7k damage, its only good if you have overflowing supply of em

having to setup the varg farm for them also takes heaps of resources and needing to beat 3 crystal bosses which is post rift already, I see this weapon to be quite hard to obtain and maintain

it's not hard to obtain, just long to obtain. Sure it's not viable for boss rushing where you end your world in 100 days, but for long terms world, past day 100 you will have a varg farm and a permanent long range dark sword. you can mass produce hound teeth through varg farms and hound mounds. I personally have like 500+ in my day 400+ world

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

suggested solutions:
1 - either make each boss give the arc thingy instead of having to kill all 3. Or, make hostile flares able to spawn more beargers.

2 - if my previous solution gets implemented, the dart can have a durability so it's not permanent, and players would need to constantly hunt vargs to always have the weapon.

Wait is the spark arc not multi use?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

it's not hard to obtain, just long to obtain. Sure it's not viable for boss rushing where you end your world in 100 days, but for long terms world, past day 100 you will have a varg farm and a permanent long range dark sword. you can mass produce hound teeth through varg farms and hound mounds. I personally have like 500+ in my day 400+ world

I really regret the hundreds of hounds teeth I've fed to my lureplant bin now.. I have a whole chest with full bundles of teeth but my god I would have kept all the rest I've accumulated as well if I knew this weapon was coming. Oh well.

I have a decent auto hound mound farm set up so I have a fairly decent passive income of them still. 

45 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

You don't even need a varg farm to be swimming in them tbh. 

I might finally set one up (I've never seen the need for one) in preparation for getting this weapon. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, V2C said:

Fixed farm plants not being affected by Ice Crystaleyezer's temperature change.

Does this mean we could for example farm pumpkins in Summer?

3 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

it's weird, brightshades hurt wormwood, but frogs and spiders keep their loyalties, sorting out cosmic horror shouldn't be simple i guess

It is like having a character who is neutral to hounds, which is not a good idea.

8 hours ago, V2C said:

• Bright-Eyed Frog no longer attacks Merms (including Wurt).

Ok...

I don't get why brightshades attack wormwood though.

I think this should be reverted, because like for the brightshades these frogs are possesed by an alien entity, which doesn't care who we are.

Edited by Sacco

15 minutes ago, Sacco said:

Ok...

I think this should be reverted, because like for the brightshades these frogs are possesed by an alien entity, which doesn't care who we are.

I don’t agree with you personally. For some people the frog perk for wurt is a huge upside and it would only be annoying for them to make the frogs attack her. The Brightshades attack allows wormwoods to get their drops without a mandatory hit

I love the new bosses but I’d like for there to be more loot to them. Nothing major just maybe some more pure brilliance and moon glass. Also a figure sketch for the new bosses would be nice!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RonanMcQ said:

I don’t agree with you personally. For some people the frog perk for wurt is a huge upside and it would only be annoying for them to make the frogs attack her. The Brightshades attack allows wormwoods to get their drops without a mandatory hit

Fair point.

Maybe the first hit of wormwood could just aggro the root or they could make the root come out if wormwood is near the plant but just don't attack him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sacco said:

Fair point.

Maybe the first hit of wormwood could just aggro the root or they could make the root come out if wormwood is near the plant but just don't attack him.

I would personally prefer a thing like WX-78 and clockworks where they still agro but only if you get really close 

• Like 4
  • Potato Cup 1

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

If I can make a strange suggestion about that.. it’s raining chunks of literal lunar moon/glass shards right?

And.. you guys have this clear pattern in lunar creature designs.

IMG_5919.webp.60a4880d94912800e702e35fc283cee1.webp

IMG_5921.thumb.png.8b46f5abca87d5abefcce7f9327fa46a.png

IMG_5925.thumb.png.d859d61fbcee57207eee7608baa56d89.png

So why not just let hail shards impale and mutate mobs like this?

It seems to me that the concept art of Bearger had a much more interesting design than ribs and gloves made with moon glass.image.thumb.png.a9ad56446c24fc77a67df82d24643b08.png

• Like 4
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1

7 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

I mean it doesn't seem frogs or spiders are possessed though just mutated while brightshades on the other hand are which is the clear distinction for example if either were it wouldn't make sense as to why they wouldn't attack other spiders or frogs.

3 hours ago, Sacco said:

Ok...

Mentioned above.

• Health 1