[Game Update] - 574713

• Developer

Changes

• Willow’s sanity gains from nearby fires will now take into account item stack sizes.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed Willow’s sanity gains from nearby fires being unlimited in magnitude.
  • Fixed world generation seeds always using the current clock time.
  • Fixed Wormwood’s summons not staying around when entering and exiting caves.
  • Fixed Merm Flort-ifications not adhering to world settings for respawn rates.
  • Fixed Lunar Portals spawning too many Brightshade Gestalts if more players were near the portal.
  • Fixed Wolfgang’s critical work sound effect playing for other players on the server.
  • Fixed Woodie being able to craft while in were forms.
  • Fixed Webber’s Silky Webilisk, Silky Gladiator, Silky Rebel, and Silky El Tigre Cub Beards going invisible in certain emotes.
  • Fixed Wilson’s Survivor Beard having outlines at its top during emotes.
  • Fixed Wurt’s Sugarplum Dress having inverted wings when idle.
  • Fixed Ye Olde Water Closet not being able to be selected at the top part of it.

Dedicated Servers

• Fixed the Dedicated Server tool on Steam not having a copy of the redistributables needed for accessing Steam Workshop content and a missing appid text file.

These changes are already in the beta branch on Steam.

View full update

• Like 26

Klei taking the time out of their day to nerf Willow. 

What a joke this is, just shows what they think of the character and her playerbase.

Just leave her as is, she doesn't need to be weaker.

Also, this needs a revert, instantly.

Disguising it as a "fix" to excuse nerfing her is just, despicable.

Edited by Nikki Darks
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Shopcat 8
  • Potato Cup 4

• Developer
11 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

The problem is that dropping items one by one into a pile and catching them on fire was the most beneficial to the player and is not good for server performance or game clients with lower end hardware. The change of taking account of stack sizes removed the need to drop items one by one but having it have no upper bound limit would still promote this and had to be limited in the upper bound to finish the desired goal. The limit for maximum sanity and how much sanity is gained for each nearby fire are tunable and will be monitored for how impactful this change is.

• Like 23
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

5 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

The problem is that dropping items one by one into a pile and catching them on fire was the most beneficial to the player and is not good for server performance or game clients with lower end hardware. The change of taking account of stack sizes removed the need to drop items one by one but having it have no upper bound limit would still promote this and had to be limited in the upper bound to finish the desired goal. The limit for maximum sanity and how much sanity is gained for each nearby fire are tunable and will be monitored for how impactful this change is.

So because of that, Willow had to get nerfed? I don't recall ever having issues with this, so I fail to see where this is coming from. I am just expecting some compensation buffs in return.

Her being weaker due to "People having bad PCs" fails to click with me as a valid reasoning for nerfing a character who was already in hell when it comes to years of being nerfed.

But thanks for the reply I suppose.

• Haha 1
  • Wavey 3
  • Shopcat 4
  • Potato Cup 1

21 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Willow had to get nerfed?

Unless you have clear number on what the upper limit, it might be a buff instead of nerf.
Back then, gunpowder can blow unlimited stone fruit, but you have to lower stack size.
Now, for server performance, gunpowder can blow stack of 40 stone fruit, but can only blow 12 stacks.
And it actually help, as you no longer have to spend time unstack a full stack of stone fruit, or pick up 1 stone fruit at a time on ground.

For willow (i dont know what the upper limit now, so let say 3 stacks)

• 3 stack of grass give enough sanity to the point drop 3 stack of grass, burn them, extinguish them, repeat,
  • Drop 120 grass one at a time on ground, burn them, extinguish.

I think willow will get sanity to full with new method before you complete the "drop 120 grass one at a time"

So, test it out, find out at how much stacks of items where willow change being a nerf.

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

The limit for maximum sanity and how much sanity is gained for each nearby fire are tunable and will be monitored for how impactful this change is.

I appreciate the communication, I look forward to testing this and giving some feedback after experimenting with it.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Changes

• Willow’s sanity gains from nearby fires will now take into account item stack sizes.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed Willow’s sanity gains from nearby fires being unlimited in magnitude.
  •  

View full update

I didn't expect this but thanks I guess !  Time to burn stuff.  For sanity of course, not because these pub players built their base at portal or anything... 

3 hours ago, Nikki Darks said:

So because of that, Willow had to get nerfed? I don't recall ever having issues with this, so I fail to see where this is coming from. I am just expecting some compensation buffs in return.

Her being weaker due to "People having bad PCs" fails to click with me as a valid reasoning for nerfing a character who was already in hell when it comes to years of being nerfed.

But thanks for the reply I suppose.

You really don't see why optimizing performance might be important for a multiplayer game?

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Nikki Darks said:

What a joke this is, just shows what they think of the character and her playerbase.

have yet to see a comment from you that isnt complaining about how bad willow is
leave it out man
its both a nerf and buff
you offer literally nothing in terms of suggestion and/or criticism 

Edited by NoKrampusSack
  • Like 6
  • Wavey 1

21 hours ago, Tranoze said:

it might be a buff instead of nerf.

It is absolutely a buff!

The upper limit is 100 sanity per minute, with each fire giving 6.25 sanity per minute (Assuming you are at closest distance, which if you're dropping items and burning them, you most likely are)

It takes 16 burning items to reach this limit, which might seem small, but let me remind that before you had to drop each individual item and have them on fire at once.

I do not want to make this generalized assumption on everyone, but I have a really hard time believing that people didn't find the dropping each item individually on the floor and waiting for them to burn all together not super duper clunky. You were limited by the first item to start burning before using an extinguish method so that you don't start losing any items, and well, if you didn't do that, ya lost materials! Which is never good.

Now all you have to do is drop 16 rope in a single stack, burn it, and instantly you get the 100 sanity per minute. No clunkiness of dropping the items one by one, waiting for them all to catch on fire, only to have to extinguish fairly quickly after the last item caught on fire because it's about to fully burn up. I now genuinely see myself making use of this perk in a more effective manner. You can get up to 50 sanity before having to extinguish the ropes.

Despite it being a really amazing buff, I do actually think the upper limit could be pushed up just a bit more, but I wouldn't mind if it wasn't, this simple change made what was just a kind of niche/flavor perk into something that's easy to play with and incorporate into play style.

• Like 16

On 9/29/2023 at 1:43 PM, Nikki Darks said:

Nerfing Sanity gain is despicable to you? Dude I'm worried what you'd think if they nerfed something that actually mattered.

• Haha 1