[Game Update] - 567776

1591464456_HappyWWPFP2.png.dd78e10d2a3cbd9698e160bf879bdbe7.png

I jumped inside the Compost Bin and let it churn. I have never been happier. Again HUGE THANK YOU Klei and V2C!

30 minutes ago, V2C said:

Bramble Husk and Bramble Trap thorns no longer damage walls

At long last. My request is here. Love love love love love love. Love.

• Like 9
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 1

Okay so notes about the Dreadstone pillars:

• -You obtain the Blueprint by defeating Daywalker. (Notes suggest there's more to this but it may be bugged.)
  • -They cost 40 Dreadstone to place down.
  • -They take nearby players sanity to repair themselves.
  • -Once fully broken they need at least one Dreadstone given to start regenning again.
  • -They cannot be removed without a Brightshade Smasher or Brightshade bombs.
  • -Ancient Guardian ignores them. It cannot be broken by __any__ mob either.
Edited by -Variant
  • Like 17
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Something I noticed: the dreastone pillar actually is unable to be broken by mobs! Mobs will run into it and it will do the "explosion dust" effect, but will not take any damage. Only the brightshade bomb/smasher can damage/break them.

I honestly hope it's intentional! It takes 44 dreadstone per pillar, and you need multiple of these to be effective (as mobs will pathfind around it). I would love to use these pillars as ways to keep boss mobs like bearger contained safely later on!

Edited by Maxil20
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 2

6 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

Oh goodie, 40 dreadstone for a pillar that will break eventually and drains sanity. No thanks, I'll just keep earthquakes turned off.

Getting a normal default pillar to break sounds almost impossible to me, since it needs about 50+ earthquakes and only needs 1 rock about 11 in to fully repair it and give it the grace cool down of 10 days.

I find it impossible to accidently let a Dreadstone pillar break naturally. It regens and only takes sanity when it's regenning, so as long as it's in perfect condition you're fine.

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Could someone pls tell us the regen rate of the saladmanders? :wilson_curious:

health info mod isnt working on them 

I think it's the HP Regen they had when sleeping, which I believe is 5hp~ per second? I might be wrong.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

41 minutes ago, -Variant said:

-You obtain the Blueprint by defeating Daywalker. (Notes suggest there's more to this but it may be bugged.)

I found that it's when the Daywalker breaks all 3 of the pillars. It's doesn't drop it at either 0 or 1 broken pillar.

27 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Could someone pls tell us the regen rate of the saladmanders?

5 HP every 2.5 seconds

Edited by lakhnish
wrong regen numbers
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Could someone pls tell us the regen rate of the saladmanders? :wilson_curious:

health info mod isnt working on them 

The regen shows in the mod if you disconect from the server with a damaged Saladmander and reconect again.

Edited by Picklesaurus
  • Thanks 2

Killer bees from wasphives caught and released by Wormwood still sometimes attack him afterwards with the Bee Kind skill enabled. 

it seems no matter how big the stack of released bees is one will always attack you.

Edited by Ohan
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • Potato Cup 1

24 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

This...is a really weird choice.

This is a Noob trap, Klei designs this game for the Mega-Basers first and foremost it’s sad to say that but it’s true… and while I can’t blame them for targeting their most profitable audience, what they’ve ACTUALLY managed to do is let people who are good at the game, make the game hard to play for people who were already bad at it.

In my head in picturing these new pillars being the caves version of Wonkey bombing (that thing good players intentionally did to not so good players for the fun of it.)

I just picture the new pillars leeching sanity away from noobs.

I could be just overthinking as usual, but I just laugh at the idea of these pillars sucking sanity away.

• Wavey 3
  • Shopcat 4

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is a Noob trap, Klei designs this game for the Mega-Basers first and foremost it’s sad to say that but it’s true… and while I can’t blame them for targeting their most profitable audience, what they’ve ACTUALLY managed to do is let people who are good at the game, make the game hard to play for people who were already bad at it.

In my head in picturing these new pillars being the caves version of Wonkey bombing (that thing good players intentionally did to not so good players for the fun of it.)

I could be just overthinking as usual, but I just laugh at the idea of these pillars sucking sanity away.

I think your overthinking this noobs shouldn't really be in the endgame and if they are they should already know how to keep their sanity up if they're living in the caves but it is a weird route to go.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, -Variant said:

They take nearby players sanity to repair themselves.

Is it not a regen period of 2-3 days but while it's repairing itself, it gives off an insanity aura?

13 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Is it really that low? Unfortunate.

Nope, I had the numbers inverted. It's 5 HP every 2.5 seconds woops.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wonz said:

Video looks like about 2,5 seconds for me

Oh, maybe 5 HP every two seconds then. Still better than every 5 seconds 

Edit: ah ok I see. It's ok, something nice, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Edited by HowlVoid

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don't think a newbie is going to make it this far without getting better at the game.

Besides the biggest sabotage method still only takes a couple grass and twigs.

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, CuteC said:

I don't think a newbie is going to make it this far without getting better at the game.

Newbies don't stay past spring so they might not stay until veteran manages to acquire the crazy amount of 40 dreadstone.  

Edited by Wonz
  • Like 4