[Game Update] - 567776

trap reset isnt working anymore either?? :wilson_cry: did i somehow mess things up or are other people experiencing the same thing????

852544215_Schermafbeelding2023-08-02om04_18_38.png.d4983a554306d1f6282ff1674f091364.png

(i have Compost Care enabled but wormwood is doing the long face rubbing animation) 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Nope, and I dont think you can ripen the saladmanders

also, it'd be like super omega duper cool if somehow calculated wormwoods dps while using the bramble husk and the dark sword

Considering the attack speed of 0,466 a normal character DPS with darksword is  68/0,466  = around 145,7.  Considering bramble husk deals an average 22,6 damage per proc and it procs every 3 hit, the increase in dps is 22,6 / (0,466 x 3) = 22,6/1,398 = 16,1. So the DPS is 145,7 + 16,1 = 161,8 . For comparison, Weremoose's DPS is 159,4. In short, WW deals an average of 75,5 damage with each Darksword hit as long as he is dodging, that is before considering his 10% extra damage to shadow monsters. This is really awesome for  WW since he has an easy time getting living log for Darkswoods and manipulaing his sanity to farm nightmare fuel and craft them.

Edited by Picklesaurus
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Valase said:

Just one small question, does anyone know if the growth spurt and flower power perks recieved any changes, or do they still work by changing thresholds?

These were completely unchanged.

Source:

Spoiler

Left is old update, right is new update:

image.thumb.png.625920f7bdaeb13cc8683dbda12ecc58.png

image.thumb.png.1d3aa5b6218aa7f45c0e7d4152937e7b.png

image.thumb.png.2e6a1158d95d0565f282a22fe8f151e6.png

Edited by Arcwell
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

Considering the attack speed of 0,466 a normal character DPS with darksword is  68/0,466  = around 145,7.  Considering bramble husk deals an average 22,6 damage per proc and it procs every 3 hit, the increase in dps is 22,6 / (0,466 x 3) = 22,6/1,398 = 16,1. So the DPS is 145,7 + 16,1 = 161,8 . For comparison, Weremoose's DPS is 159,4.

So Wormwood just become stronger than Weremoose?

9 minutes ago, Lossy15 said:

More like wormwood works better with a darksword.

But yes, if he crafts one. Although we also need to consider wormwoods lack of healing. So I think it depends if you want slightly more damage for some work or slightly less damage for 3 monster meat and some grass.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lossy15 said:

Depends how you see things, Wormwood has to be dodging and using Bramble husk in his body slot, but it is way easier to dodge as WW because of his extra mov speed... So it depends. If you consider that wormwood has access to easier healing than Moose during fights , has access to walking cane, panflute, Lazy explorer, weather pain, etc yes but if you consider that Moose doesnt have to use the durability of Darkswoods, can see in the dark and is cheaper, than no. It depends on a lot of things. Also depends on the boss attack pattern and if you are dodging, Worm DPS to Dragonfly is better than Weremoose if you are dodging with both since Worm can get 6 attacks before dodging and Moose can only get 5 attacks in, which means Worm procs 2 husk and Moose doesn't proc a second combo which to Moose means he lost a lot of DPS. Late game after acquiring planar gear he has much better DPS than Moose tho, but it is not hard to have higher DPS than Moose there since Wilson with planar gear has only 3 less DPS than Moose.

Edited by Picklesaurus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

From my understanding, the new pillars are as easy to obtain as killing the nightmare Werepig

killing them is easier than baiting it to destroy pillar lmao .
also how is that relevant to get SM by day 10 with gathering 44 dreadstone for one pillar to mess up new player :o 
i can give u simpler way to grief here 

i see u use wendy pic. that i can assume u play wendy alot . just gather the pipspook and tail new players it drain their sanity being around u and that pipspook. or just simply die to spider and afk in middle of ocean and keep drain sanity globally.

There no need to invest on killing nightmare warepig and clean the ruins for green gem to dupe till u get 1 pillar build .or thinking all update will only benefit megabaser. if u good enough u can get boulder EQ by first two seasons. 

• Like 5
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1

14 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

These were completely unchanged.

Source:

Hide contents

Left is old update, right is new update:

image.thumb.png.625920f7bdaeb13cc8683dbda12ecc58.png

image.thumb.png.1d3aa5b6218aa7f45c0e7d4152937e7b.png

image.thumb.png.2e6a1158d95d0565f282a22fe8f151e6.png

thank you, into the modding mines I go.

3 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

More like wormwood works better with a darksword.

But yes, if he crafts one. Although we also need to consider wormwoods lack of healing. So I think it depends if you want slightly more damage for some work or slightly less damage for 3 monster meat and some grass.

Now I think that a Wormwood with Bs Helm, bramble armor, Bs sword and two salamanders will munch a lot of bosses. But it makes me wish that the set bonus (from wormwood skill tree and the natural ones) worked with either pieces of equipment.

9 minutes ago, Valase said:

thank you, into the modding mines I go.

Now I think that a Wormwood with Bs Helm, bramble armor, Bs sword and two salamanders will munch a lot of bosses. But it makes me wish that the set bonus (from wormwood skill tree and the natural ones) worked with either pieces of equipment.

Well saladmanders still panic from fw (and other bosses) and cc turn them into dragonfruit slushy lol (as well as other bosses with aoes).

I think the balance as it is right now is very nice. I feel rewarded for learning wormwood with all his quirks. 

Not sure if the brightshades thorns can hit fast things that quickly move out of the way like the twins so the brightshades armor still has its use. I think it's fair you can choose better thorn synergy/defense or more damage.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

20 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I think the balance as it is right now is very nice. I feel rewarded for learning wormwood with all his quirks. 

Not sure if the brightshades thorns can hit fast things that quickly move out of the way like the twins so the brightshades armor still has its use. I think it's fair you choose better thorn synergy/defense over more damage.

Hes sooo much fun now! This new skill tree has expanded on his super unique combat archetype in a really great way.

So many fun tools and strategies and new gameplay options! And none of it comes free.

Wormwood was *always* a combat character and this new tree finally does him justice! Im really excited :love-struck:

he finally feels appropriately powerful and exciting for having to deal with one of the toughest downsides in the entire game.

Edited by Ohan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 4

Honestly the new bramble husk is incredible. I adore it as a bonus for wormwood. He feels super strong and fun (and now even… good for lights out *gasp* my favorite game mode) overall i’m just in love. and i think the lightbug buff was very justified, they feel like a lantern alternative. Even early game its very affordable with a straw roll every third night lol.

• Like 6
  • Health 3

52 minutes ago, Ohan said:

trap reset isnt working anymore either?? :wilson_cry: did i somehow mess things up or are other people experiencing the same thing????

852544215_Schermafbeelding2023-08-02om04_18_38.png.d4983a554306d1f6282ff1674f091364.png

(i have Compost Care enabled but wormwood is doing the long face rubbing animation) 

Photosynthesis is another one I haven't seen mentioned that is bugged right now. I'm pretty sure it's because the skills were renamed in wormwood's skilltree file but not in the files that actually use them. Seems like an easy enough fix. They've all been reported in the bug tracker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

From my understanding, the new pillars are as easy to obtain as killing the nightmare Werepig, which isn’t even one of the harder bosses- you DONT have to Trigger Lunar or Shadow Rifts to craft these pillars- they can be rushed just as fast as you can rush a Shadow Manipulator. I can usually have a SM set up in my worlds by day 10 or less.

The new Pillars would be the same way right? You can rush to kill the pig and Craft them (in caves or on the surface) and they’ll drain sanity of players nearby like some sort of.. reverse Sisturn?

What are you even saying here mate

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1

Is idea I don’t even ask for credit I just want it to be taken in to account when deciding for his skin tree(made a few changes and added on some stuff sense I last posted this)  

This would make a better consistency 

this will help lunar and shadow mirror each other better

•  
  • Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is a Noob trap, Klei designs this game for the Mega-Basers first and foremost it’s sad to say that but it’s true… and while I can’t blame them for targeting their most profitable audience, what they’ve ACTUALLY managed to do is let people who are good at the game, make the game hard to play for people who were already bad at it.

In my head in picturing these new pillars being the caves version of Wonkey bombing (that thing good players intentionally did to not so good players for the fun of it.)

I just picture the new pillars leeching sanity away from noobs.

I could be just overthinking as usual, but I just laugh at the idea of these pillars sucking sanity away.

Here's a thought, how about you not jump straight to the hot take every single patch? You're creating nothing-burgers and it's pretty toxic. Like, you honestly think you'd ever enter a public server and find some guy farming hundreds of dreadstone to grief players with insanity aura zones? Yeah, let me just kill nightmarepig about 40 times real quick.

I just picture a person joining a pub server and going down into the caves, only to tremble at the slight inconvenience a dozen dreadstone pillars would bring them.

Edited by cybers2001
  • Like 15
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, el_Chuchmay said:

Dreadstone pillar ? What does it do ?

I believe it is a more durable pillar to prevent earth quakes underground, that happens to regen itself via player sanity similar to the armor, something of a late game option I suppose... bit pricey for my taste but does looks pretty sick.

• GL Happy 1