[Game Update] - 561166

11 minutes ago, bloopah said:

Smh just stop getting hit, it's that simple

Jokes aside, this is a very bad argument. There's little room for error, you get hit once then the 2.5h spent on taming a beefalo is wasted. This is similar to pre nerf boulders: you spend hours on building pretty bases just to get destroyed in seconds. Not fun at all. Pure tedium.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Jokes aside, this is a very bad argument. There's little room for error, you get hit once then the 2.5h spent on taming a beefalo is wasted. This is similar to pre nerf boulders: you spend hours on building pretty bases just to get destroyed in seconds. Not fun at all. Pure tedium.

sounds like someone who has trouble not getting hit would say

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 2

40 minutes ago, _zwb said:

ok then don't bring your beefalo to that boss wtf?

• Like 6
  • Big Ups 1

12 minutes ago, Well-met said:

ok then don't bring your beefalo to that boss wtf?

I agree. Why would you bring a Beefalo to fight these things? They deal less damage due to their planar defense, can shred through their health in mere seconds, and if you're wearing something that doesn't have planar defense when mounted, you'll get absolutely decimated.

It's almost as if these enemies require a different approach to defeat them compared to what we've faced thus far, something that's From Beyond? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

Tbf I like the idea of certain fights being extra disadvantageous with beefalos not kill switch dangerous but still.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

Honestly that's more of a problem with the beefalo than with the shadow. Or...the player bringing their 2.5h investment to the super dangerous completely-optional content.

• Like 5

I feel like Ancient Fuelweaver's quotes after repairing the Gateway and fighting him again can be improved a bit. We know that as little as he talks, his words are still memorable. So for me, the longer quotes just didn't seem as right. "I recognize your arrogance," will be much better in my opinion, seeing that countless people had beaten him over and over in their gameplay.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, el_Chuchmay said:

What are the new quotes for fuelweaver?

I'll put them in a spoiler just in case.

Spoiler

Battlecry:
"This world is unraveling."
"It's all happening again..."
"I tried to stop it... it seems I learned nothing..."

Battlecry (against player):
"You fools! What have you done?"
"You've doomed yourselves."
"You have brought about your own end."
"Please. Let me save you from what is coming."
"I recognize your arrogance. I possessed it myself."

Deactivating ancient gates:
"Not again... not again..."
"They are coming."

Death cry:
"They will not show mercy as I have."
"You will understand. But it's already too late."
"I couldn't stop it..."
"History will repeat itself..."
"It will all come to pass again..."
"You've made your choice."

They were introduced in the files last week actually, but implemented now.

Edited by FruitShake
  • Like 5

I'm waiting for the update, I like all of it, mostly because it's a cave update.

Ink blights look fun to fight, top.

I enjoy the brightshade husk/pure brilliance hunt already and the planar damage/defense mechanic that make the void and bshade gear necessary, hope to see more uses to it in the future, top.

Acid rain makes caves a bit more challenging, but it's all balanced thanks to void gear and umbralla, nitre formations were necessary, just wish we had a chance for both rain and acid rain, mid.

Don't really care about boulders, just glad they don't fall on your stuff but are still a menace if you aren't paying attention, mid.

I wasn't expecting all characters skins to influence  how the void cowl looks, but I know the community would have expected it eventually and probably me too, it isn't very relevant but I just wish it stayed as it was with the default skins, gave the armor some funny personality, bad.

Charlie apparition feels underwhelming, it shouldn't, it's the shadow queen herself, I don't know why it feels like this I just wished I felt more hyped about it.

Thanks for the update klei.

Edited by astroapyr
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, astroapyr said:

Acid rain makes caves a bit more challenging, but it's all balanced thanks to void gear and umbralla, nitre formations were necessary, just wish we had a chance for both rain and acid rain, mid.

I have heard normal rain can still happen if you are in the time between a rift just closed but a new one hasn't opened yet

• Like 1
  • Health 1

13 hours ago, _zwb said:

This is why big Woby is still the best beefalo, no 2.5h wasted in taming cause she cant die :wilsoalmostangelic:

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, astroapyr said:

Charlie apparition feels underwhelming, it shouldn't, it's the shadow queen herself, I don't know why it feels like this I just wished I felt more hyped about it.

Honestly , I have already come to terms with all the points with which I disagreed , except for the texture of Charlie ... it is very hard for me to see how much it differs from the style of the game, there were so many good options offered to the communities, I will hope with all my heart that they will fix it. The same Ink Shadow trio turned out to be gorgeous in terms of art and in general , so I 'm sure that the developers can make Charlie better

4 hours ago, Notecja said:

Now I think... We could get a "new lategame saddle", either lunar or shadow to make that investment worthy after opening rifts.

Excellent idea! I was thinking exactly the same.

This is the kind of comments I like, honest and helpful contribution, rather than comments with an obvious bias towards discussion.

New saddles that, thanks to their characteristics(Flat Stats and Lunar/Shadow to choose from), can include the Beefalos in this new lategame, that would make them more valuable and nurture this mechanic.

After all, the point of the Beefalo is that once it's tamed, it's your loyal ally and you keep it for the rest of the game.

Or even! Klei could implement that with these new saddles, the owner of the bell can ignore Beefalo's Aggro, meaning that if he is fighting something and has one of these new saddles, you can still mount him despite being busy fighting.

That would directly solve the main problem that I mentioned, and thus rescue it from Horned Ink Blight and more bosses with Knockback and AOE together in the future.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, astroapyr said:

for both rain and acid rain, mid.

When a rift is closed normal rain can still happen.

Don't really care about boulders, just glad they don't fall on your stuff but are still a menace if you aren't paying attention, mid.

The current structure detection is pretty poor. There are still scenarios where you can still get them to topple your buildings and notably anything that's not a 'structure' like farms. I'm hoping this is touched up!

I wasn't expecting all characters skins to influence  how the void cowl looks, but I know the community would have expected it eventually and probably me too, it isn't very relevant but I just wish it stayed as it was with the default skins, gave the armor some funny personality, bad.

The skin thing was not the defining factor for the face removal. It had, and still has, many issues. The notably examples were for intensive clipping and layering issues.
It was also just unfortunately not mod character friendly in its implementation, while not as important, I feel it's fair to consider them.

Still praying for a last art update before the update goes live... this is literally their one big chance, I'd rather they not miss it!

• Thanks 3
  • Big Ups 1

2 minutes ago, Emilier said:

Scrapbook is not a craft is it?

If the question is to facilitate its access, for new players. So pinning this recipe to the quick access tab wouldn't fix it?

the scrap book is a pause menu button

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1