[Game Update] - 561166

having some enemies be not viable on a beefalo actually is interesting. It makes you adjust your strategy depending on what enemy you face. You cant just beefalo everything. Plus so far there ae only 2 enemies that counter beef riders (werepig boss and inkblight), so its definitely a good mechanic to have in terms of enemy combat variation.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

having some enemies be not viable on a beefalo actually is interesting. It makes you adjust your strategy depending on what enemy you face. You cant just beefalo everything. Plus so far there ae only 2 enemies that counter beef riders (werepig boss and inkblight), so its definitely a good mechanic to have in terms of enemy combat variation.

MacTusks & Clockwork Bishops will shoot the player On Top of a Beefalo & not The Beefalo itself.. which sucks cause I found these things out the Hard Way as Wes. Also Ranged Combat in DST is pure trash on Xbox, probably pure trash on other consoles too- but I just wanted to express how much I despise it’s existence.

• Like 1
  • Wavey 2

22 hours ago, Jaud75 said:

Hello!

Is it intentional/intended that when the Horned Ink Blight does the swallow attack, it hits both, You and your Beefalo at the same time?

I understand that now the Knockback attacks kick you out of the Beefalo and it's a change I like since it makes the use of these a little more risky and dinamic, but I feel that it it's too much punishment to have the danger of losing your Tamed Beefalo just by taking ONE hit, as you know, when he is attacked with an AOE attack, it is very difficult to save him without resorting to extreme measures such as logging out of the server, etc.(And nope, using a Panflute won't help either, as Ink Blight can't sleep and will preserve the Aggro on your Beefalo)

I wonder if it's possible for it to just hit you and you take the damage, but the Beefalo not take Aggro against Ink Blight, since it's sure he will die...

This might be a bit controversial, but I've gotta be honest on this one: I'm actually really glad to see this. I've become more than a little annoyed at the idea of spending 95% of the game just glued on top of an Ornery Beefalo and War Saddle with basically no downside whatsoever.

Making people actually have to activate a few neurons and have to avoid attacks once in awhile is a nice change of pace.

• Like 7
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 1

46 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

This might be a bit controversial, but I've gotta be honest on this one: I'm actually really glad to see this. I've become more than a little annoyed at the idea of spending 95% of the game just glued on top of an Ornery Beefalo and War Saddle with basically no downside whatsoever.

Making people actually have to activate a few neurons and have to avoid attacks once in awhile is a nice change of pace.

Yep, it is! That's why I loved the implementation of the Knockback, as it forces you to be vigilant and ready with armor and stuff, not just hold [F] and that's it.

But, the penalty of HornedInkBlight's chew attack is double, all the corresponding damage + losing your Beefalo basically, regardless of your armor or healing preparation.

The reason why I'm highlighting this, is because it's not the same as simply dying. If you die, you can just revive with one of several ways available, then get your stats back, get your loot back, and you're good to go.

But that's not the case of the Beefalo, if he dies, he dies forever, there is no ingame way to remedy it other than simply being cautious, a Tamed Beefalo is probably one of the most valuable things in the entire game, simply because if you lose it, you can't get it back, similar to the Doydoy in Shipwrecked, for example.

To be honest... I think that's its main weakness/disadvantage!

The Beefalo gives you an immense amount of benefits, but the price to pay for losing it is very expensive.

Anyway, I still feel that in the case of the chew attack, it's something that isn't fully planned, I mean... Just look at it! The HornedInkBlight usually bugs when jumping on the Beefalo and floats in the air, lol.

But well,

I still think that the BEST ending possible for aaaaall this...

Would be to correctly implement the Beefalos in this new Lategame, with new Saddles to adapt them to the new strategies, after all, the point of the Beefalo is to keep it throughout the game.

But... to be realistic, I understand that it would be a lot of work for a mechanic that, is a niche in first place...

So if there is no answer about it, that's fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryusuta said:

Yea what do these people think this is ? Don't Starve Survival Evolved ?

• Like 1