[Game Update] - 561166

• Developer

Changes

• Ancient Fuelweaver will have new lines if the Ancient Gateway is repaired.
  • More items added to the Scrapbook.
  • Added Shadow Rifts world setting options.
  • The Scrapbook will now give inspection knowledge on nearby creatures that have died and any item on display in the inventory or other containers.
  • Maxwell and Wanda will now resist the sanity drain from Void Cowl and Void Robe.
  • Glass Cutters will use their versus Shadow efficiency tuning against Ink Blights.
  • Updated sound effects for Ink Blights and Charlie.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash with the Moose/Goose Figure in the scrapbook.
  • Fixed a crash with the Scrapbook trying to read data from a nil entry.
  • Fixed rubberbanding sometimes when trying to get up from a chair.
  • The confirmation dialogue will no longer appear when only making a partial offering to the Beckoning Hand.
  • Fixed various player animation bugs when Void Cowl is equipped.
  • Fixed various player animation bugs when sitting.
  • Fixed missing hair on Shadow Splumonkey.
  • Fixed some issues with the Scrapbook Page item.
  • Fixed an issue with fissures not releasing when walking away.
  • Fixed bug where players could get into a situation where a paused server cannot be unpaused.
  • Fixed bug where the horned Ink Blight can sometimes get pushed up into the air.
  • Fixed a case where the horned Ink Blight can sometimes land in the void when jumping.
  • Fixed bug where certain Brightshade tools were receiving set bonus effects with the wrong armor sets.

View full update

• Like 33

7 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Ancient Fuelweaver will have new lines if the Ancient Gateway is repaired.
Updated sound effects for Ink Blights and Charlie.

Intriguing changes.
Also slight Glass Cutter buff, cool to see

• Like 3

Hello!

Is it intentional/intended that when the Horned Ink Blight does the swallow attack, it hits both, You and your Beefalo at the same time?

I understand that now the Knockback attacks kick you out of the Beefalo and it's a change I like since it makes the use of these a little more risky and dinamic, but I feel that it it's too much punishment to have the danger of losing your Tamed Beefalo just by taking ONE hit, as you know, when he is attacked with an AOE attack, it is very difficult to save him without resorting to extreme measures such as logging out of the server, etc.(And nope, using a Panflute won't help either, as Ink Blight can't sleep and will preserve the Aggro on your Beefalo)

I wonder if it's possible for it to just hit you and you take the damage, but the Beefalo not take Aggro against Ink Blight, since it's sure he will die...

• Like 6
  • Wavey 4
  • Shopcat 1
  • Sad Dupe 3

Some minor improvements, I love it. I'm actually glad they did not decide to push big changes each beta update based on very conflicting things that I see some players want to happen. There still could be some things that need minor tweaking but I find the update quite decent and definitely better than the first release.

37 minutes ago, Jaud75 said:

Hello!

Is it intentional/intended that when the Horned Ink Blight does the swallow attack, it hits both, You and your Beefalo at the same time?

I understand that now the Knockback attacks kick you out of the Beefalo and it's a change I like since it makes the use of these a little more risky and dinamic, but I feel that it it's too much punishment to have the danger of losing your Tamed Beefalo just by taking ONE hit, as you know, when he is attacked with an AOE attack, it is very difficult to save him without resorting to extreme measures such as logging out of the server, etc.(And nope, using a Panflute won't help either, as Ink Blight can't sleep and will preserve the Aggro on your Beefalo)

I wonder if it's possible for it to just hit you and you take the damage, but the Beefalo not take Aggro against Ink Blight, since it's sure he will die...

I never have played the beta cause Xbox syndrome but the horned thing one shots you with a marble suit???

1 hour ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Fixed bug where players could get into a situation where a paused server cannot be unpaused.

Before that if Ink blight eats you and you pause the server, you and clients can't unpause it because the blight turns your UI and buttons off, making everyone to softlock.

You can't do a little trolling anymore

sad-no-disappear-sad.gif

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Inducedharp2090 said:

I never have played the beta cause Xbox syndrome but the horned thing one shots you with a marble suit???

Unless you are wearing brightshade set voidcloth or dreadstone set you get one shot with the chew attack

37 minutes ago, Inducedharp2090 said:

Chew attack does 6 times 20 planar + 20 physical damage, 240 damage total.

In football helmet - 144 damage, in thulecite armor - 132 damage, in marble armor - 126 damage.

Because of high planar damage, you need some armor with planar protection, the most effective is brighstshade > void > dreadstone armor (void armor has slightly better protection against shadows, but you can't use brightshade weapons that effective, which are really good against Ink Blights)

Edited by Pticman

1 hour ago, Jaud75 said:

How does it work if you have a beefalo bell some screens away? Will it run to the bell or will it prioritize fighting the threat?

• Sanity 1

2 hours ago, Gashzer said:

A very safe hotfix.... :wilsondisapproving:

I guess no more changes to acid/boulder mechanics are going to happen eh?

changes can still come after release and in later updates so there is still hope (probably)(hopefully)(please klei im desperate) 

• Big Ups 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

15 minutes ago, abrocator said:

How does it work if you have a beefalo bell some screens away? Will it run to the bell or will it prioritize fighting the threat?

It will always prioritize fighting, the only way is by teleporting it, by entering a tentacle hole or coming out of caves or leaving the server with the Bell in your inventory, which you won't be able to do because you are fighting.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jaud75 said:

It will always prioritize fighting, the only way is by teleporting it, by entering a tentacle hole or coming out of caves or leaving the server with the Bell in your inventory, which you won't be able to do because you are fighting.

I thought you can just mount the beefalo if it has a war saddle

2 hours ago, Jaud75 said:

Hello!

Also taking brightshade husk reposte damage once while mounting will immediately kill your beefalo.