New update "Terrors Below" now available in Beta on Steam

32 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Every time I communicate, I regret that I am not a native English speaker, the use of an auto-translator leads to incidents for which I am sometimes ashamed

It's alright, it happens. I can't blame you, but now at least now we know that void clothes won't protect us.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

4 hours ago, GIGIbaGIGI said:

Please Klei can you make the umbrella able to absorb lightnings and then use those charges to fire striking lightnings of 500 damage each and 4s to fire and a cap of 15 refuelable charge

You can kill two Brightshades and mine some Pure Brilliance along with an Infused Shard to obtain a total of 1200 damage with a total time of (less than!) 4 seconds to throw at a group of enemies.

Edited by bloopah
less than

37 minutes ago, GIGIbaGIGI said:

Please Klei can you make the umbrella able to absorb lightnings and then use those charges to fire striking lightnings of 500 damage each and 4s to fire and a cap of 15 refuelable charge

Girl where is this coming from

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

Girl where is this coming from

from klei discord server

1 hour ago, bloopah said:

You can kill two Brightshades and mine some Pure Brilliance along with an Infused Shard to obtain a total of 1200 damage with a total time of 4 seconds to throw at a group of enemies.

thats kind of boring

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GIGIbaGIGI said:

Best Idea Ever for an item made of Dark Magic sharing the name “Umbra” like the Codex Umbra- ShopCat emote is used for the highest honor emote you can get on these forums (from me anyway..) so it’s rare that I give out this Emote, but this post has Earned it. Enjoy :love_heart:

5 hours ago, SomebodyRandom said:

It doesn't

image.thumb.gif.5c8af27831d8c4d55413518c7cd6ae5f.gif

Kinda Sad that the Acid Rain isn’t a Green or Purplish Tint color though.., :( 

1 hour ago, GIGIbaGIGI said:

thats kind of boring

And you think standing around in the rain until 15 lightning bolts strike you for something that has worse DPS than a Dark Sword (your suggestion has 125 DPS aka. 500 dmg divided by 4 seconds, Dark Sword strikes roughly twice per second with 68 dmg so it has 136 DPS) as well as a wind-up time which makes it only viable for Crab King isn't?

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Kinda Sad that the Acid Rain isn’t a Green or Purplish Tint color though.., :( 

I'd prefer if it were black (or red?). I'm not sure what the lore behind acid rain is but I like to imagine that the droplets are precipitation of clouds of miasma above the players eyesight. This would explain it's sudden appearance after opening the rifts.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Pet Rock said:

I'd prefer if it were black (or red?). I'm not sure what the lore behind acid rain is but I like to imagine that the droplets are precipitation of clouds of miasma above the players eyesight. This would explain it's sudden appearance after opening the rifts.

It's not shadow related, the miasma as far as I understand is implied to be gases starting to leak into the open caves as a result of the ground fracturing from the rift activity, and mixing with the water above.

But anywho, acid rain is already a tinge of green.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hornete said:

It's not shadow related, the miasma as far as I understand is implied to be gases starting to leak into the open caves as a result of the ground fracturing from the rift activity, and mixing with the water above.

I meant it would explain the existence of the acid rain, not the miasma. Is there any reason (lore-wise) that acid rain exists?

3 minutes ago, Pet Rock said:

I meant it would explain the existence of the acid rain, not the miasma. Is there any reason (lore-wise) that acid rain exists?

Miasma is described as a gas, this gas is likely nitric acid mixing with the waters causing the acidic water, this is likely why we get nitre formations from the algae ponds.

• Like 6
  • Sanity 2

I haven’t played Terrors Below beta yet and have been staying away from YT  but I wonder are there any signs that this is this part of a final arc? Is it progressing the story towards an ending for the civilization to be brought back into Constant and also an ending that the survivors can return home (if they chose to). Also, would be nice to see a reunion of Crab King and Pearl too.

issues and some suggested solutions I see on the current state of the beta:

1. umbralla takes hand slot which makes it impossible for anyone to protect themselves from damage under acid rain while fighting/ chopping/ mining/ fishing.
Suggestion: umbralla can be deployed on the ground like lanterns and provide protection on small area

2. boulders are an interesting idea, except the way they destroy structures offers no counterplay. Seems most people don't want to entirely remove the boulder quakes, but adjust them.
Suggestion: a simple longer warning time would already solve this issue, to give time for players to run into an area clear of structures and have the boulders dropped there.

Also question.. if you burn all the miasma from the rifts, would that prevent the acid rain and boulders, since they only appear when a rift is active?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

Also question.. if you burn all the miasma from the rifts, would that prevent the acid rain and boulders, since they only appear when a rift is active?

I have tested it myself and unfortunately, no.

• Sad 1

There is no one who does not have a building or a farm at all underground.
Any update that could break them is unacceptable to me.
I appreciate the effort you put into adding new elements.
However, if the specifications remain as they are now, I probably won't touch any new elements.
I don't want to feel stressed.
I even feel like the core users who have access to this element are willing to leave.
Hopefully there will be a fix during the beta.

• Thanks 1
  • Shopcat 1

I have a few suggestions for the update (I’ll place them in order of which ones I think are the best)

1.) make boulders in earthquakes be able to turn off in world setting

2.) make bright shade tools refillable with pure brilliance. Same with shadow tools but with pure horror 

3.) make an item that can close lunar rifts and a separate one that can close shadow ones 

Thanks for your consideration!

• Like 1

i dont really have any opinion on this new update... 

I still feel like we dont have the full picture and the intent behind this update arc still isnt clear so based on what klei has said during the lunar roots update, I'm just gonna hold my judgement until the third part of this update and hope things come better into focus.

• Like 2

The brightshade sword should do more damage, as now shadow reaper with the void set, does more damage to shadow creatures than the brightshade sword with the brightshade set. Leaving the sword and brightshade armor useless.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Xtreme_D1 said:

The brightshade sword should do more damage, as now shadow reaper with the void set, does more damage to shadow creatures than the brightshade sword with the brightshade set. Leaving the sword and brightshade armor useless.

How's it make the sword and armor useless? They're crafted from different materials that you obtain in different ways, it's down to playstyle which one ends up being easier to craft.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, sylvia wander o said:

How's it make the sword and armor useless? They're crafted from different materials that you obtain in different ways, it's down to playstyle which one ends up being easier to craft.

But the purpose of the brightshade sword is to be used to fight the creatures of the shadows, and even then it does less damage than the weapon that should be used to fight the creatures of the moon. Making it unnecessary after you have the shadow reaper.

• Like 1