New update "Terrors Below" now available in Beta on Steam

1 hour ago, Xtreme_D1 said:

The brightshade sword should do more damage, as now shadow reaper with the void set, does more damage to shadow creatures than the brightshade sword with the brightshade set. Leaving the sword and brightshade armor useless.

Not really, the problem with the scythe that it can be used only in combination with armor, while brightshade sword has better base stats (68 against 56). In my experience, brightshade sword + celestial crown is more effective even against brightshades. At the beginning I was surprised but then I did some math and yes indeed it is just more effective. 

Because brightshades don't move almost all hits of the crown get to the target, resulting into 56+29=85 damage, while scythe has 82 damage with max ramping. And to be honest it is not really easy to ramp the damage with scythe on brightshades, because vines interrupt the fight a lot, leading to the loss of the damage.

Same could be applied to many fights. Against Celestial Champion crown is still the king, against BQ it is bad because of low armor reduction, against Klaus I would prefer mag + tulecite crown + brightshade sword/dark sword etc, like there are not really that many situations there you can use scythe more effective than dark sword/brightshade sword.

Against shadow planar creatures I would for sure use brightshade sword, if you compare 2 sets brightshade sword deals 69 damage while scythe 75, but you need to make at least 5 hits to deal slightly higher damage than brightshade sword (55>59>63>67>71) and any damage taken or 3 seconds without attacking (which is common situation against multiple enemies) resets all damage. 

So I would rather ask myself in what situations I would use scythe, because honestly without considering specific characters (for Maxwell it is for sure nice weapon) I can't find any. (for now at least)

Edit : It is decent against toadstool and crabking, probably all bosses I can imagine.

Edited by Pticman
  • Like 4

On 6/6/2023 at 12:44 PM, Pticman said:

Not really, the problem with the scythe that it can be used only in combination with armor, while brightshade sword has better base stats (68 against 56). In my experience, brightshade sword + celestial crown is more effective even against brightshades. At the beginning I was surprised but then I did some math and yes indeed it is just more effective. 

Because brightshades don't move almost all hits of the crown get to the target, resulting into 56+29=85 damage, while scythe has 82 damage with max ramping. And to be honest it is not really easy to ramp the damage with scythe on brightshades, because vines interrupt the fight a lot, leading to the loss of the damage.

Same could be applied to many fights. Against Celestial Champion crown is still the king, against BQ it is bad because of low armor reduction, against Klaus I would prefer mag + tulecite crown + brightshade sword/dark sword etc, like there are not really that many situations there you can use scythe more effective than dark sword/brightshade sword.

Against shadow planar creatures I would for sure use brightshade sword, if you compare 2 sets brightshade sword deals 69 damage while scythe 75, but you need to make at least 5 hits to deal slightly higher damage than brightshade sword (55>59>63>67>71) and any damage taken or 3 seconds without attacking (which is common situation against multiple enemies) resets all damage. 

So I would rather ask myself in what situations I would use scythe, because honestly without considering specific characters (for Maxwell it is for sure nice weapon) I can't find any. (for now at least)

Edit : It is decent against toadstool and crabking, probably all bosses I can imagine.

Yeah I play as Wolfgang to fight bosses so for most bosses it’s cheaper to just use glass cutters because one glass cutter at max Wolfgang damage dose 30,600 total damage (you could kill Celestial champion with 1.12 glass cutters) so for me the scythe is really bad because it’s expensive and you have to go into the caves to farm it. Every use that I can think of for the scythe can be more easily/ cheaply done with something else. Klei needs to buff this weapon a lot for it to be useful in the current game state.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheWilsonMain said:

Hi, i found a lost scrapbook page, anyone know anything about it? is it a new ARG?

It's a currently bugged item that just fills out some of the scrapbook. Doesn't do anything yet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1