Which Hamlet boss would work best in Together?

Which Hamlet boss would work best in Together?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Whitch One?

• Queen Womant
    • Pugalisk
    • Ancient Herald
    • Large Iron Hulk

I'd say all but Queen Womant. The three are great bosses with good mechanics and rewards. Ancient Herald is also the most fitting for the "From Beyond" arc since he looks like something that would crawl out of the Ancient Gateway. Queen Womant is really just meh, since she only spawns Mants and blows her tail, and all of this for Bundling Wraps (that are redundant in solo DS) and a crown that can be exchanged for a key (of which there are four, and only three are needed).

I do love pugalisk. I used to boot up a world, set myself up with commands and kill it for fun. I also really enjoy it's design.

I can see it working well in multiplayer where someone distracts the head, and others hit the weak spot. Would have to change agro and could also move tail more freely to provide a challenge when there's multiple people.

Drops would be pretty useless, even if they included magic water.

Overall, I wouldn't count on it.

Ancient Herald has the biggest chances considering what we know, or at least something related to it- I'm really hoping for it's comeback though. Could you imagine them bringing aporkalypse to the caves. And if one DLC boss got in, maybe Tiger Shark could happen or Quacken could happen.

Now I'm just rambling.

Don't think any of these would fit, but wouldn't mind hints of themes of the herald, with the red cloth hat that was teased in the update post that's in similar vein with the Herald's red cloak.

I've always thought a sea serpent type boss in similar vein with Pugalisk could be fun. Weave through it and under it with your boat.

I haven't even played Hamlet and I want Pugalisk to be a Cave boss that can only be fought in the daytime where you use a large and scattered cave lights to navigate. Would be so much fun.

Voted for queen womant as that means mants in general would be added and would make a cool addition to the caves. 

Im always game for new potential follower mobs.

Loved the way you kinda had to infiltrate the mant society using the pherostone/mant mask/mant suit.

On 5/9/2023 at 10:41 PM, BezKa said:

Ancient Herald has the biggest chances considering what we know, or at least something related to it- I'm really hoping for it's comeback though

He could be a candidate for a shadow rift boss. I would like to see some lore he's holding

Would be nice if he would get all arsenal of egyptian plagues cause in hamlet he has only four:

1. Dragoon Eggs - Thunderstorm of fire and hail

2. Hallucinations - Three days of darkness

3. Ghosts - Death of firstborn sons

4. Poison Dartfrogs - Frogs

I love Herald's design but his actual fight is such a drag. I wish he had something to himself instead of just prefab spam.

I think a segment boss would be really fun to fight with multiple people.
Not keen on the others, really. I'd prefer something "new" if another boss were to come in.

1 hour ago, maciu67 said:

He could be a candidate for a shadow rift boss. I would like to see some lore he's holding

Would be nice if he would get all arsenal of egyptian plagues cause in hamlet he has only four:

1. Dragoon Eggs - Thunderstorm of fire and hail

2. Hallucinations - Three days of darkness

3. Ghosts - Death of firstborn sons

4. Poison Dartfrogs - Frogs

I have some ideas for some of the other plagues:

Water turns to blood: Strong Rain

Gnats: Mosquitoes

Unhealable Boils: Spore Bombs and Clouds similar to those of Toadstool that deal Planar Damage

Death of Livestock: Damage Aura near Herald that kills Followers

Large Iron Hulk: You spend 97% of the time gathering the pieces to fight him.

Ancient Herald: Would get raidboss health pool in DST and be impossible to kill solo without “cheese” due to summoning 150 frogs and 30 shadown creatures. Then Klei would nerf the durability of the, uh, shadow armor backpack because multiplayer(?).

On 5/9/2023 at 1:33 PM, Neu7ral said:

I wish Pugalisk return in another Terraria crossover as the Eater of Worlds or something original to make it different from Hamlet Pugalisk.

Or a giant depth worm in depth worm waves akin to a varglet

On 5/11/2023 at 10:34 PM, -Variant said:

I love Herald's design

I would add he has one of the best themes in game.

On 5/11/2023 at 10:34 PM, -Variant said:

Not keen on the others, really. I'd prefer something "new" if another boss were to come in.

I'm 90% sure we won't see any hamlet boss in Together but Ancient Herald has a chance to be in game in (let's say) spiritual way. When ancients was corrupted by fuel Metheus probably died and king was transformed into fuelweaver. Ancient Herald could be somebody like high priest/advisor/general which now looking for revenge on hamlet pigs. We can get another member of ancient elite as rift boss when they hallmark would be red cloth.

How was said ealier Ancient Herald resembles bishop because he has mitre-shaped head (plus returning symbol at the top of head). He is also called a harbiter and in most of languages bishop is called a "messenger". Digging more into chess allegory They would be a king, charlie would be a queen, Ancient Herald and rift boss - bishops, Daywalker - rook.

On the lunar side if we assume that Alter is King then Wagstaff must be a queen (in symbilic way because king is the weakest chess piece and queen is the strongest).

On 5/12/2023 at 5:10 PM, Memetan said:

I'd love the idea of a "Sea Pugalisk", but a "Magma Pugalisk" in caves sounds cool too.

Boats don't have enough mobility so Sea Pugalisk would be hard to implement. Magma Pugalisk would be nice.

2 hours ago, maciu67 said:

Boats don't have enough mobility so Sea Pugalisk would be hard to implement. Magma Pugalisk would be nice.

They could always just make the sea pugalisk balanced for boat combat... oh wait we have crab king as an 'example', nevermind.

Archived