[Game Update] - 553139

42 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Where friend update...? Me looking for friend!

There could actually be a LORE based reason as to Why the new Moon Plants are Hostile towards Wormwood. The Moon Plants are actual Moon Plants Invading from a portal Rift, Meanwhile.. Wormwood was given Life by the powers of the Moon & more importantly the Green Gem embedded in his/her stomach.. If ALL plants were brought to life by Green Gems then they’d be seen and treated as Equals, However… Wormwood is only HALF Moon Plant, while these Mean Green Mothers are the Real Deal.

Explaining it like a vampire/werewolf movie it’s like if They hooks up with a Human the Child is only Half-Vampire/Wolf, And Half Human. But never as powerful as a the real deal.

Going by this logic- the new Moon Plants May see Wormwood as an Inferior version of their Species.

That Explains it from a LORE perspective, but from a Gameplay perspective it does feel slightly wrong that Moon Glass infused spiders can be befriended by Webber, (originally they couldn’t.. and were equally not willing to be his friend until a later patch made them friends to him) While Wormwood gets the rotten deal.

That said: It might be Too OP for Wormwood to gain any type of Benefits/Friendship from these Plants, but if I had to come up with something I’d make it so that once Killed they drop more Husks or something in the presence of a Wormwood.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 3
  • Wavey 1

9 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

The staff mechanic looks interesting.  Will be great for hound waves XD  Too bad its post-cc only, by that time I'll already have automated hound defenses :\ 

I'm testing it out on mobs that attack in groups ATM and it seems to be doing an alright job. It's way more fun to use.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GrapeVruit said:

Maybe it could compensate for its lower defense with greater damage, sanity gain and durability? I like the idea of it being the inverse of shadow armor and maybe encouraging a little risk for reward.

Yea but why would this matter when by the time you reach CC you shouldnt be risking anything for more reward against shadow mobs or bosses. The stuff is too niche for expensive post CC content

Hmm.

With like... // Nightmare Fuel = Moon Glass // and // Pure Horror = Pure Brilliance // I almost feel like we need a Thulecite parallel for the Lunar side.

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Hmm.

With like... // Nightmare Fuel = Moon Glass // and // Pure Horror = Pure Brilliance // I almost feel like we need a Thulecite parallel for the Lunar side.

Time to kill FW and have the Ancient Portal start spewing out Nightmare Fissures (rifts) so we can fight the Shavers (Shadow Grazers that shave you) and their horrid evil plant counterpart, the Deadly Nightshades.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • GL Happy 1

10 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Time to kill FW and have the Ancient Portal start spewing out Nightmare Fissures (rifts) so we can fight the Shavers (Shadow Grazers that shave you) and their horrid evil plant counterpart, the Deadly Nightshades.

I urgently need a mod for Fissures :D

14 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Actually.. we already HAVE a Shadow based plant.

F155DE1C-5B62-4BC8-901D-0C5447D3D767.thumb.jpeg.a441c48f0ce0741e8267ff0f8280782f.jpeg

• Like 2

• Developer

An amended hotfix has been released as version 553196. Have a good weekend everyone!

Changes

• Brightshade Husk stack limit raised to 20.
  • Brightshade Staff will no longer home in on invisible or hiding things.

Bug Fixes

• Tunneling Vines are no longer “MISSING NAME”.
  • Fixed a crash when having auto login enabled and having the show mods warning enabled.
  • Fixed a crash with Bone Armor and planar damage.
  • Fixed a potential crash with Wolfgang hitting things.
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, V2C said:

Brightshade Bomb will no longer hurt players.

Was this really necessary, did enough people complain for this change to happen? Is it really that hard to not throw bombs onto yourself or move away. That's really sad.

I really hope this gets reverted, Just increase the throw range so there's more wiggle room.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

An amended hotfix has been released as version 553196. Have a good weekend everyone!

Changes

• Brightshade Husk stack limit raised to 20.

These hotfixes are nigh perfect!! Most grateful, it was worth the wait!!

Btw, Now the staff is very good for fuelweaver fight. And Wigfrid with the enlightened crown and cleared minded cadenza became a very good AoE dealer!

40 minutes ago, HeatAndRun said:

Btw, Now the staff is very good for fuelweaver fight.

That is the only place its good, and theres another way to do it thats a thousand times easier to get, and doesnt even require you to beat the OTHER final boss before AFW: seed shells, or just weather pains

42 minutes ago, HeatAndRun said:

And Wigfrid with the enlightened crown and cleared minded cadenza became a very good AoE dealer!

I am not sure if you mean Wigfrid using that staff, because this is not true, since most bosses do not have weak enough minions for 10dmg + 42.5 from the gestalt to matter, as well as each hit of staff costing 1 sanity, meanwhile it does not count as a wigfrid hit, doesn't give sanity or hp back (went into beta to check just 2 hours ago)

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Oho klei made the brightshade staff a AoE weapon nice!! 70 damage per use vs a horde of 7+ spiders plus stun lock is quite good even without the CC crown.

I think it will be useful against armys of shadow spelumonkeys in the ruins too, u can safely and slowly kill em off.

• Like 1

I sure hope that the lack of any changes to the Brightshade Shovel means that the team is in the process of giving it the ability to dig up undigables.

After all that's a bit of balance work, programming work and a couple of sprites to draw

• Like 1

These look and sound great, the staff looks fun. Also, can you shadow align the eye of terror, splumonkeys(possibly during nightmare form like guardian) and the beardlords and beardlings please too? Their justification for alignment matches the nightmare clockworks and the ancient guardian.

• Like 2