[Game Update] - 553139

18 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Changed Brightshade Pickaxe to Brightshade Smasher (combination pickaxe/hammer tool).

It's nice to see the brightshade hammer has been added as a combinaison of pickaxe and hammer, but now the brighshade axe is missing, it would be useful and coherent to add it. I also reiterate my request to add the missing moon glass tools like shovel and pickaxe/hammer, and potentially brightshade and moon glass fork and hoe (and also golden hammer). So finally all tools would be craftable with each materials.

Edited by Hypsellis
  • Like 1

Yes, I came up with a great thing.
We now have a hammer+pickaxe. It remains to add a shovel + axe. this works out pretty smart, because we're chopping down wood and digging out stumps just by press a space.
And I also suggest raising the damage from the staff to 25, this will make the farm of birds and rabbits possible for existence.

Another interesting idea to improve the shovel is to give it the ability to dig up whole trees without having to cut them down, that is, we can just chop and dig up in 1 movement. And add to the shovel the ability to dig up wilted plants without losing the seedling and it will be a great tool

Edited by GodIess
  • Like 6
  • Big Ups 1

Great changes! Actually seeing a use for the staff is great without giving it the infinite durability. It now fulfills a niche that is important.
Just need to give Wormwood's mean friends to be uh, less mean to their cousin.

• Like 3

Liking almost everything so far.

Personal feedback for the current state of the beta:

- The self damage of the bombs would've been interesting. I was gonna suggest that the bombs self damage be kept, but ally damage be removed. So it's similar to the grenades in the game "Killing Floor 2" wherein you can kill yourself if you misplace your grenade, but can't kill your teammate. (also maybe have it do reduced dmg to self, maybe like 50 dmg when hitting yourself)

- Staff changes seem interesting, but not sure if it's gonna be useful now, specially without crown

- Still waiting for something special for the shovel. Maybe it can have a special effect where plants dug by the new shovel will have immunity/ repel brightshades? 

Edited by BB Marioni
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bloopah said:

boys, vine tail sections mean that pugalisk is possible in dst

Yes, he is, only that he forgot in DST if it is a DLC boss

3 hours ago, The Another One said:

please buff the lunar armor and helmet. only 80% damage reduction is too low.

this weapon is for protection against lunar creatures, and it protects against them quite well

21 minutes ago, GodIess said:

this weapon is for protection against lunar creatures, and it protects against them quite well

but compared to other "weapons" you get much earlier in the game the damage reduction is laughable against anything other than lunar creatures

6 hours ago, bloopah said:

I think Pugalisk would be a perfect boss to fight in the caves. I want it so badly. Like a sinkhole area that is full of sunlight.

• Like 4
  • Sanity 1

2 minutes ago, Evelo said:

I think Pugalisk would be a perfect boss to fight in the caves. I want it so badly. Like a sinkhole area that is full of sunlight.

Honestly I’m sick and tired of every content update involving a boss.. more importantly I’m tired of all the interesting gameplay mechanics being tied almost EXCLUSIVELY to a Boss.. 

I would prefer some new actual game world content.. some new mobs with new attack patterns, maybe even with weak points to attack. Just something new & fresh.. that doesn’t involve yet another boss fight.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly I’m sick and tired of every content update involving a boss.. more importantly I’m tired of all the interesting gameplay mechanics being tied almost EXCLUSIVELY to a Boss.. 

I would prefer some new actual game world content.. some new mobs with new attack patterns, maybe even with weak points to attack. Just something new & fresh.. that doesn’t involve yet another boss fight.

Idk anything about coding but all you'd have to do is transfer the boss from Halmet to DST. Seems pretty low effort.
Also "every content update"? Going backwards: Wilson refresh dropped boss, Bunnyman, Maxwell Refresh, QoL (with stage), Wickerbottom Refresh, Moon Quay, WX Refresh, QoL, Catcoon, Wolfgang refresh, Eye for an Eye (which added the Terraria bosses). I may be inaccurate but that is 9 updates not including a boss.

Edited by Evelo
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, bloopah said:

You have no idea how much I want a massive centipede boss in the caves.

Like the last remnant of what the Sentrypede's were modelled after.

• Like 4
  • Shopcat 1

It would be a lot cooler to add more environmental changes to constant after CC being killed. Like changes in lunar based biomes and moon cycles. Add new lunar mobs so planar damage might be usefull. Also change sanity mechanic a little bit it is too boring. Add new nightmare creatures and remove rng based spawn. Add new weapons that doesnt requiere living log. Also add new mutant mobs to consant, you can do so much with bears, snakes, tigers, crocs and so on. Constant feels kinda empty after you get used to every biome and sanity monsters are really boring and straighforward. These would be my humble suggestions.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Probably just a conicidence, but I love the updates that just focus on adding/reworking stuffs  i.e RWYS.

On 4/15/2023 at 2:10 AM, Maxil20 said:

Little thing I might as well mention, but this actually stacks with the enlightened crown! The crown causes a gestalt to spawn from every hit, which can rapidly scale damage up significantly. Your sanity will tank doing it, though, so be sure to have some sanity restoration items.

Heres a GIF (credit to @Electroely!) showcasing its against 2 targets in particular with some sanity items to upkeep the crown!

AE4585A6-48F5-43F9-80CD-03A05AC6F976.gif.a6c71eaa064f22dde46d18ffd5cb320b.gif

With wigfrid, you also constantly regen hp and sainity.

Don’t know if anyone else pointed it, but the update has had an official name since this patch.

FB99F305-92FF-4355-A6C8-A71961CD4ACE.png.18a04a5f473de7ce1d258a67f762f9e2.png

(This very likely won’t be the name of the new arc though. RoT’s first update was called ‘Turn of Tides’ - we’ll have to wait for the release of the update to know the arc name)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1

On 4/15/2023 at 6:33 PM, Evelo said:

Idk anything about coding but all you'd have to do is transfer the boss from Halmet to DST. Seems pretty low effort.
Also "every content update"? Going backwards: Wilson refresh dropped boss, Bunnyman, Maxwell Refresh, QoL (with stage), Wickerbottom Refresh, Moon Quay, WX Refresh, QoL, Catcoon, Wolfgang refresh, Eye for an Eye (which added the Terraria bosses). I may be inaccurate but that is 9 updates not including a boss.

Okay maybe not “every” update but I wasn’t counting character reworks because those usually don’t involve having to fight a boss.  However: if you look at the World Gen Options and there’s more “Giants” then there are hostile creatures it’s easy to see Klei focused heavily on the Bosses.

the exception to this is the Caves- which has fewer bosses than the Surface.. but is currently missing world Gen options for the newer Werepig.

There should never be more “giants” then there are common everyday mobs that are in the constant but for right now- World Gen Settings tell the story.

And Yes I know a lot of people don’t consider Treeguards or Spider Queens as bosses.. but they’re in the same toggle filter with the rest of the giants, so Klei felt they were giants.

My point was simply that before we did yet another enormous boss, can we please get something like Hamlet/Shipwrecked snakes and scorpions? <3

• Like 2