Unpopular mod that you wish to be added in the game

We all know stuff like Geometric placement, Combined Status, Global Positions...

and I think even Klei themself already knew (but choose not to add it for some reason?)

anyway, there are hundreds of mod out there and a lot of them are very unpopular, but the feature they bring are really nice
I think a lot of you will have some in mind, so let share it here

- The mod I really like is Map Travel

image.png.70fe274e41b3a02515bce4b6bb9f4632.png

OG mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=808661510
Fixed version for Wortox https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2845252761

(NO, this is NOT a teleport mod like "Fast Travel")

this mod allow you to right click on the map to make your character move to that location automatically

it's very useful imo because you will need to walk from point A to B a lot. This mod also allow you to chat while walking, great for player that use ingame chat because not everyone willing to voice chat with stranger XD

Setpiece mod which allows you to choose what setpiece spawn in the world. Honestly really needs to be a thing in the base game

Force biome mod which again allows you to force none or all or whatever you choose optional biomes to spawn in the world which also no good reason for it to not be a part of the base game

Show mod character portrait cause mod characters are very important part of DST workshop and are awesome and deserve to have their faces shown on your world saves instead of some shadow wilson

Color cube adjustment I don't think to the full extent of this mod it should be implemented, but one of the reasons I find myself playing hamlet and sw more than DST is I just hate the RoG colorcubes they are so washed out and depressing it really turns me off of wanting to play the game. I would appreciate options to "lessen" the effect of the seasonal colorcubes to make the game feel less washed out

Boat shape mod I think having more boat shapes would be super awesome. Like smaller boats, unique boat shape, and new so on. This mod takes it one step further and allows building your own boat but klei probably wouldnt go that far

One other mod I forgot is the GemCore is feature to allow to choose to generate a specific world with a world seed. That needs to be a feature in the game too almost every other survival game I played with random world gen has that feature and it allows for cool things to happen.

And of course the not unpopular mods which I feel really should be a part of the game already is Status Combined (the stat bars are nicely organized and you can see your stat display all the time. I never take of this mod and whenever it somehow gets disabled cause DST crashed I feel grossed out by the default way it looks in game it reminds me of a cheap mobile game layout) and Geometric Placement which is no brainer why this needs to be a thing. I also think Klei should add a world gen option for players map icons to always show on the map (but not reveal the map like global positions does) so it works like if you always have a compass active because that mod is popular for a reason and a huge amount of people can't play with friends without it. :D

Mod Presets

Don't Reset World (added lol)

Renameable Watches

Brighter Enlightened Crown (no, seriously, the crown is too dark with any color except regular one)

Rotating character model (like why tf you can't look at the skin you want from all the sides, what if it's glitchy or is not you want?)

Gesture Wheel (it's popular, but it'd be nice for it to be added)

Dusk and Night Music (probably my favorite tiny mod. If Klei would want to add it, all they need is to ask author's permission, they don't even need to involve their composers)

For me, it would be a combination of Sailing Rebalance and Unlockable Sunken Chest. Together, they make the ocean indefinitely better than it's current state.

Sailing Rebalance makes the ocean content able to stand on its own two legs instead of being blatantly overshadowed by land content. It makes fishing good, treasure chest loot good, barnacles get touched up, and so, so much more.

And then Unlockable Sunken chest goes and gibes the ocean what it's been needing sense its introduction, utility on the mainland. 15 inventory slots and carriable as a heavy object, Unlockable Sunken Chest fills a niche that doesn't currently exist, and gives the treasure chest bountiful utility without even changing its loot. Quite possibly my favorite small mod on the workshop.

4 hours ago, LiamAshvinn001 said:

Uncompromising Mode, idk if its still considered unpopular though.

It's getting up there. Not as popular as a lot of stand-alone character mods or some other content mods such as Legion or Island Adventures. But it's definitely scraped past the shadows of obscurity.  

That being said, I think the only way Uncompromising Mode could be implemented is as a community-supported expansion pack. Some of UM's features would definitely be welcomed, such as item buffs or the boss reworks. But I'm sure someone would complain about Walter undergoing mitosis. 

EDIT: Ok It occurs to me that I basically just described, y'know. A mod? So to be more specific, Uncomp could really only be implemented as a DLC that's optionally enabled at world creation. If that makes more sense.

I don’t play on PC so #1 I don’t know what all Mods exist. & #2 I sure as heck wouldn’t know which ones are Unpopular.

That said.. watching the Developers of the game play their game with Mods enabled just infuriates me a little bit. These are the creators of the game.. & even THEY have to make their experience better with mods?? That speaks volumes in of itself.

and I’m not talking about super game breaking mods Dev powers or God mode, I just mean the stuff that I guess you can say “enhances” their enjoyment of the game? Anything the Developers feel they need to use, I sort of feel like I might wanna use too Ya know?

2 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

And then Unlockable Sunken chest goes and gibes the ocean what it's been needing sense its introduction, utility on the mainland. 15 inventory slots and carriable as a heavy object, Unlockable Sunken Chest fills a niche that doesn't currently exist, and gives the treasure chest bountiful utility without even changing its loot. Quite possibly my favorite small mod on the workshop.

I didn't know that there was a mod for that, I had an idea to suggest something like this a long time ago because as you said it fills in a niche (makes beefalos more attractive too, seriously why are beefalos so underused? :()

2 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

EDIT: Ok It occurs to me that I basically just described, y'know. A mod? So to be more specific, Uncomp could really only be implemented as a DLC that's optionally enabled at world creation. If that makes more sense.

my beloved spider bush :( 

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t play on PC so #1 I don’t know what all Mods exist. & #2 I sure as heck wouldn’t know which ones are Unpopular.

That said.. watching the Developers of the game play their game with Mods enabled just infuriates me a little bit. These are the creators of the game.. & even THEY have to make their experience better with mods?? That speaks volumes in of itself.

and I’m not talking about super game breaking mods Dev powers or God mode, I just mean the stuff that I guess you can say “enhances” their enjoyment of the game? Anything the Developers feel they need to use, I sort of feel like I might wanna use too Ya know?

Time for you to start to play on PC, DST or pretty much almost every game is so much better with mods and they aren't possible on console. Also some things can't be implemented in the game but is amazing to have as mod because it isn't suitable for new players but is quite useful for experienced players.

There's been a good mod released recently that is probably going to be one of my favorites Base Projection, it allows you to make blueprints of your base and plop them down on a new world and you can just easily rebuild your previous builds.

1 hour ago, 00petar00 said:

Time for you to start to play on PC, DST or pretty much almost every game is so much better with mods and they aren't possible on console. Also some things can't be implemented in the game but is amazing to have as mod because it isn't suitable for new players but is quite useful for experienced players..

not to mention how much better don't starve feels with mouse and keyboard controls. 

like, usually I prefer to use controller in most games, but don't starve? not even a competition tbh. 

4 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

and they aren't possible on console. 

This isn't accurate, there are console games with mod stores. I'd imagine the kicker is the mods either have to be made by the developer or the in game mod stores have to be curated by the developer. Either way your point still stands and I don't see Klei doing any of this, but mods are by no means not possible on console.

Long Pig. I'm still salty that got cut. Allegedly because some people thought it was too dark? For DST it uh.. Well it's pretty mild lol. One single line of code brings it back, but a few other tweaks can make it compatible with everything regular monster meat is compatible with, like jerky variants and crock pot use. For crying out loud, Warly can already cook his friend's bones. Why is a little meat suddenly too far?

Refuelable Lazy Forager. QoL reasons. 900 day worls has rot and teeth and twigs and eggshells and everything scattered EVERYWHERE. A refuelable Lazy Forager (the mod uses nm fuel) is SUCH a help with world cleanup. There's a mod that does it for both the amulet and the staff and makes them not go away when they hit 0 which is also nice, but even just the tiny thing of letting them be refueled at all is a huge step up imo.

Clean Sweeper Expanded. For decorating purposes. Just let it rotate flower styles and berry bush styles (not normal/juicy. I mean normal with the special Pig Village variant)

Fueled Lazy Deserter. The only thing the Summer boss drops is... materials for a machine that is LITERALLY useless for solo players. Like, can't even use it levels of useless.This mod makes it useable when solo. Which is appreciated.

Moving Box. Another Decorating QoL.

I'll also agree with Rotate Character Model, Setpiece Config Revisited,

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Think of it as Devs are playing with mods and being inspired by them. It's another venue where they can actively participate WITH the players and see what players are doing on their own, and seeing what feels like a good fit for the vanilla game.

21 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

Allegedly because some people thought it was too dark?

it was cut because it  encouraged "happy accidents", which is the complete opposite of what dst was supposed to be

22 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

Refuelable Lazy Forager

did you sleep under a rock when the stageplay update dropped

rest are fine additions

1 hour ago, bloopah said:

did you sleep under a rock when the stageplay update dropped

Errr I took a hiatus is that actually a thing now and I missed it? If so then NICE!

EDIT: IT IS A THING! This is what I meant about devs looking at what players are doing with mods. I take a three month hiatus and they go and add one of the few things I have left as a server mod into the regular game. Time to chuck that one off the list!

2 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

Fueled Lazy Deserter. The only thing the Summer boss drops is... materials for a machine that is LITERALLY useless for solo players. Like, can't even use it levels of useless.This mod makes it useable when solo. Which is appreciated.

You also missed a new blueprint from Antlion. 

14 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

There's been a good mod released recently that is probably going to be one of my favorites Base Projection, it allows you to make blueprints of your base and plop them down on a new world and you can just easily rebuild your previous builds.

Woah, that looks awesome! Does it work for multiple people? As in, if I make a layout will other people be able to see it? Or would you by chance be able to direct me to any kind of English instructions on how to use it?

9 hours ago, MikoFanboy said:

I think this has become a real feature in game now
I believe you can turn this on/off in the world setting

If it has - then it's nice, I didn't pay much attention to a game and updates the last few months

8 hours ago, Stonetribe said:

Woah, that looks awesome! Does it work for multiple people? As in, if I make a layout will other people be able to see it? Or would you by chance be able to direct me to any kind of English instructions on how to use it?

If you scroll down on the workshop mod link, there are English instructions, its just at the bottom of the page. As far as I know, it is not possible for other people to see it but if you are playing with friends, you could both make the same blueprint of the base and put it at the the same spot on a new world, so that you both are able to build.

Archived