Wilson Refresh in Beta!

6 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Strangely enough I'm always flooding in blue ones due to blue hound waves and Mactusk hounds dropping much more often to me. My storage ratio is always 6 blue every 1 red.

mine is usually 3:1 or 2:1 but i stop killing mctusk when i have like 4 or so canes and i use many blue gems for moon dials, salt boxes and ice staffs so i guess it depens of how many players and playstyle plus luck

2 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Oh so THAT’s why this update took a bit; it was practically 2 in 1! Not only did we get the Wilson refresh (which is great, btw) but we also got an entire new boss!

Where is this new boss?

• Like 1

Spoiler

does the new armor set have any perk? doesnt seem very worth to fight him to get few ingredients to craft an armor that isnt better than the one you could craft in that trip to the ruins needed for the fight
also i wanna believe that there would be more recipes so the boss isnt useless for every other character nvm

idk what perks can be unlocked as wilson (maybe tomorrow i will check if i have time) but the ones that show the effect doesnt seem very interesting sadly, The rpg tree is a cool feature but i think the perks would be ignored 99% of the time for most players

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

42 minutes ago, edulopes said:

will this Dreadstone set Count to maxwell's shadow duellists tier damage?? i hope it is at least tier II or ,maybie Tier III

Currently they both provide T2 shadow buffs (+8 damage per item).

39 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Dreadstone set could use a buff. Perhaps they could slowly but steadily regain durability HP?  I don't see much reason to get them at the moment.

I'd agree for the helm, as it's basically a copy of thulecite crown without the forcefield (840 hp, 90% damage reduction).
I think the armor is in a good spot though. 95% damage reduction gives it a sizeable improvement over thulecite suit while not having the penalties of night/marble armor.

These things can be duplicated with construction amulet + deconstruction staff too.

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:
  Hide contents

also i wanna believe that there would be more recipes so the boss isnt useless for every other character

(I'm assuming this is talking about Wilson making dreadstone)
Every character can obtain dreadstone, just:

Spoiler

get the werepig to use a ground attack on one of the pillars.

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Why is the new pig called "Daywalker"?

"Daywalker" is a term used to describe night monsters, vampires being the most popular,  that can live in the daylight. In this case, a Werepig that remains as a monster permamently due to magic.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CyberSkink said:

I find red gems to be MUCH more valuable

For what, exactly? Life giving amulets? Decor base with night lights? Because blue gems are reeeally usefull with ice staves, which item is far superior than the fire one.

Edited by Mr Giggio
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Giggio said:

For what, exactly? Life giving amulets? Decor base with night lights? Because blue gems are reeeally usefull with ice staves, which item is far superior tem the fire one.

True, but I feel like the scaled furnace and life giving amulet are enough justification. But that’s my opinion.

• Big Ups 1

Wilson now could craft flint via stones, good but ...... not good enough?

Could he please be able to craft Nitres.  Maybe via stone and kelp? 

Flints or Nitres, for my opinion, should share the same priority?

Above are my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 2

1 hour ago, Evelo said:

So how do you get this Inspiration? Can it be circumvented via console commands to expedite the testing process?

You get it by surviving (max 15). You can just go into a world and skip like 200 days (probably not all at once) and you'll get all the points.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sustenance said:

You get it by surviving (max 15). You can just go into a world and skip like 200 days (probably not all at once) and you'll get all the points.

its 16 max

Just now, slurper gaming said:

its 16 max

both max out torch and beard and 1 alc unlock

worth

26 minutes ago, july401 said:

Could he please be able to craft Nitres

This please, nitre is the grindiest mineral to mass obtain ATM, IMO. Even if it costs 5 gold per nitre, or 3 marble per nitre, it'd still be worth it.

29 minutes ago, Sustenance said:

You can just go into a world and skip like 200 days

You seem to get one inspiration every 10 days so 150 days is all you need.

• Like 7

Still have yet to find this new boss or any nightmare pigmen but I can say the new armour set seems a little out of place visually from the rest of the world. Too much detail or too bright, idk. Looks like it is from a mod, hope it gets a little touch up.

3 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

I looked through descriptions. Wilson actually has some pretty powerful stuff now. 2 cut stones into a marble is pretty dope and it's probably the best way to get more marble so far.  Wickerbottoms will now abuse unsuspecting newbie Wilsons to craft them an irri gem. 

My only grasp is that it's called inspiration points. Wigfrid already has inspiration and it's more fitting for her. I'm sure you can come up with something more original. 

ngl i say its a fair price considering you waste 3 points and only get 1 supper good thing