Wilson Refresh in Beta!

4 hours ago, Jason said:

The Inspiration persists between games.

What the meaning of between games? 

I could got a level MAX wilson into a new 1-day game after I played a 150-day game? 

Is there a risk that there would be more Wilson-version naughty kids?

He enters the game, crafts all the gems into green, all the stone into marble, he wastes all these basic materials at the beginning of the game.....Holy...

If that would be true, Wilson will be like the second unwelcome character after the Arsonist

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, slurper gaming said:

ngl i say its a fair price considering you waste 3 points and only get 1 supper good thing

while not the best turning rocks into flint is pretty decent as well basically a flint mass producer by the time you get stone fruit while also making mining them pay for themselves assuming you don't feel like making gunpowder

5 minutes ago, Evelo said:

Idk, I've been unable to get 16 stuck at 15 for 200 extra days now.

ah it was a bug carry on 15 is max

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

while not the best turning rocks into flint is pretty decent as well basically a flint mass producer by the time you get stone fruit while also making mining them pay for themselves assuming you don't feel like making gunpowder

still not super useful compared to the marble

1 minute ago, slurper gaming said:

still not super useful compared to the marble

Gaining the ability to create nitre could also change so much. A more convenient access to Gunpowder and more resources for a winona would be beloved for so many I expect. Weird how it is 3:1 nitre:gold but no inverted like there is with log:twig

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Just now, Evelo said:

Gaining the ability to create nitre could also change so much. A more convenient access to Gunpowder and more resources for a winona would be beloved for so many I expect. Weird how it is 3:1 nitre:gold but no inverted like there is with log:twig

true

idk if they would ever make it a think like logs and twigs but also marble to cut stone could see some uses as well

Does Wilson have instant crafting knowledge for structures that the game canonically claims that he created?

Lore Wise: He’s already learned how to create these things, so unlocking them over time with this new skill perk tree thing  wouldn’t make sense, and NOT having the knowledge to craft the things he canonically invented is a big gameplay oversight. Right??

1 hour ago, Jero-San said:

so i have a world in the betas (around 100) where i went and fought the shadow pieces, the ancient guardian and the fuelweaver and the skill tree didnt unlock the skill tree thingy

is this a bug? or does it have to be in a new world?

it's a bug. Bug tracker says fixed, so the patch should be out sometime soon.

49 minutes ago, Evelo said:

Not just Winona, having a more reliable access to nitre would allow an earlier mass source of:
- Compost wraps for Wormwoods healing, blooming, and everyone’s farming better.
- Spitter spiders for Webber
- Salt licks for more convenient beefalos parking spots
- Easier mass opening stonefruits (Gunpowder)
- Booster shots to aid the new players
- Easier Deerclops summoning flares, and pirate raid summoning.
- Easier portable cooling off in summer, specially in boats.
- Easier ways to renew glass in the moon island’s early game
- Etc

Plus all the fighting uses of gunpowder. Just this transmutation alone would change Wilson’s gameplay entirely.

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

Unless ya'll are only playing early game, petrified forests have always met my nitre needs just fine, I find it strange to see so many people looking for a recipe, truth be told.

Must not go through nitre as quickly as me? I can blow through 200 nitre before the first petrification happens. (Granted 200 nitre isnt much considering how many rocks there are on the surface and underground, more of a convenience thing)

• Like 1

I feel like you should be able to do the opposite of all trades

Like 1 gold for 3 Niter etc

And maybe Wilson should have like 1 or two more things on the tree to choose from with maybe something in game explaing how long till you get inspiration points because I just randomly got one on day 6 and don't know why

Also the update is very messy on controller and steam deck

You can't even move the cursor to the skills button in the character select screen and once in game in the skill screen the ui is improperly scaled

I do like how the skill tree system is reminiscent of the old way you would unlock recipes in Don't Starve: gain research points to unlock recipes, and then unlocked recipes and points would transfer over to other worlds. You felt yourself get "smarter" with every playthrough this way, though of course in the end it got scrapped in favor of the prototyping system.

Not sure if this similarity is on purpose but I think it fits very well for Wilson and helps fulfill the fantasy of a scientist using experience and knowledge to overcome obstacles.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Masked Koopa said:

Unless ya'll are only playing early game, petrified forests have always met my nitre needs just fine, I find it strange to see so many people looking for a recipe, truth be told.

More methods to get nitro are always welcomed. It would make Wilson far more valuable. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Masked Koopa said:

just the opposite for me. if I only paly early game I don't need much nitre, but for long term game beefalo consumes nitre very quick. Especially if u have four kinds of beefalo the need for nitre is enormous.  petrified trees is not a stable way to get bunch nitre, but gold has a stable source.  I have a 700 day game I would be very happy to change my several chests of gold to nitre.  

• Like 2

1. Wilson has finally received attention. It is gratifying to thank the developers. As a beta version, the content of Wilson's skill tree is not perfect. There are many things to be modified
2. What I think should be adjusted: even if the lighting range of the torch is strengthened, it is still not large enough, and lighting a tree can completely replace it. The novice needs the effect of lantern more, and as an old hand, the effect of quickly cleaning up the ancient torch is not enough
3. Throwing is really good, but the original mechanism of attacking and igniting the target should be retained;
4. As a level 3 skill, the endurance of the torch is only increased by 20%, which is obviously not reasonable. The insufficient value is the main reason for the failure of the torch series skills
5. The conversion between saltpeter and gold is very good, but should it be reversed? Gold is obviously not as rare as saltpeter. Toys, rags and meat can be exchanged for gold, but saltpeter can only be mined and mole holes

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, benfroyobro9381 said:

More methods to get nitro are always welcomed. It would make Wilson far more valuable. 

I mean, I think that it wouldn't hurt to have a recipe, I just find it strange that people are acting like it would be super significant, and I wonder whether they might not be underestimating how good petrified forests are.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

I mean, I think that it wouldn't hurt to have a recipe, I just find it strange that people are acting like it would be super significant, and I wonder whether they might not be underestimating how good petrified forests are.

Petrified forests are good but being able to craft it seems so much easier than mining it idk

• Like 2