Wilson Refresh in Beta!

47 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

Klei can remove Wormwood from the game if they need to make Wilson useful.

Wilson is already insanely useful just by virtue of being able to convert rocks into marble he'll be highly requested for that alone. Not to mention his gem transmutation.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Wilson is already insanely useful just by virtue of being able to convert rocks into marble he'll be highly requested for that alone. Not to mention his gem transmutation.

I totally agree that Wormwood is an excellent character. What I don't agree with is the fact that it is necessary to obtain a living log. You can activate halloween event or place many Mush Gnome. The goal is to give a suggestion to improve Wilson.

• Like 3

These are the reasons I would switch to Wilson:
1) Houndsteeth -> bones  

2) yellow gems -> green gems 

These are good, too:

1) Beard hair -> beefalo wool

2) Rocks -> flint

5 hours ago, luivul said:

So the lunar grimoire can be crafted faster now... rip woodie mains

It’s so cost ineffective to transmute to an opal using only red and blue gems. No way is that faster than rushing archives.

Edited by cybers2001

19 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

I totally agree that Wormwood is an excellent character. What I don't agree with is the fact that it is necessary to obtain a living log. You can activate halloween event or place many Mush Gnome. The goal is to give a suggestion to improve Wilson.

I think I'm kinda lost on what your saying specifically this part:

20 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

What I don't agree with is the fact that it is necessary to obtain a living log.

i like the direction youre going with the skill tree, and thank god youre not sticking to the philosophy of keeping wilson as a "normal difficulty dude"

i do feel like the torch upgrades are forgettable though, but i dont think everything about his perks are supposed to be incredible

Edited by Datanon
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I think I'm kinda lost on what your saying specifically this part:

OK. I mean it doesn't make sense to stop Wilson from crafting living log in rework because of Wormwood. It's just an improvement that doesn't harm Wormwood.

They improved Wortox's teleportation because of Wanda and no one complained about it.

Edited by Cruvimaster
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

I mean, I think that it wouldn't hurt to have a recipe, I just find it strange that people are acting like it would be super significant, and I wonder whether they might not be underestimating how good petrified forests are.

On any multiplayer server with beefalo nitre runs out extremely fast especially if people don't log with them. In a 10k world we literally never had any to spare.

7 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

One thing I gotta ask is if you can use gunpowder to activate those pillars?

it cant

Torches are too weak from what it seemed in both light and duration still

duration perks arent great but range buff is pretty large.

But like, transmuting things is gonna be all that he'll have? At that point he's just another crafting character. Exceedingly useful character but also not really since gotta kill ancient fuelweaver just to get some shadow magic rocks that do nothing much else xD

beard insulation is nice for winter. you can use football helms without needing body insulation or worrying about a thermal. you only have to kill fw once to get crafts which your probably doing anyways.

18 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

OK. I mean it doesn't make sense to stop Wilson from crafting living log in rework because of Wormwood. It's just an improvement that doesn't harm Wormwood.

They improved Wortox's teleportation because of Wanda and no one complained about it.

I mean there's a difference between Wortox's and Wanda's teleportation that makes them distinct and useful in their own ways just giving Wilson the ability to craft living logs would just be completely giving another character's perk away which I'm not a fan of not to mention I feel like Wilsons already good in this draft not that he can't be improved but just with what he currently has in this beta he already stands pretty well on his own as a character without sniping other character's perks.

I Love the update! Obviously things are bound to change, but its a great concept. I think the Nightmare Werepig definitely shouldn't spawn randomly and should have their own designated set piece, with marble trees, checkered flooring, or roses so it doesn't look so out of the blue.

• Like 1

Пожалуйста, позвольте хранителю Мерму и Вуди в образе лося разбить колонны, так как способности этих персонажей усиливаются за счет увеличения силы и будут соответствовать тому, что это могут сделать Уорли и Вольфганг.

• Wavey 1

7 hours ago, H Phantom H said:

Beard hair storage?! Seriously?! This looks out of place! The RPG system is well done, but something more interesting is needed. Something that fits into the concept of a gentleman scientist and certainly not a beard icebox!

Yeah not the biggest fan of this lame forum joke actually getting implemented. The entire torch tree is also basically useless because lanterns exist and it doesnt even fit wilson all that well. More stuff along the lines of the alchemy tree, and more of the stronger perks that are locked behind bosses would be preferable imo.

• Like 4