Wilson Refresh in Beta!

Wilson is finally getting some love, I am personally glad he is. I don't get why people say he shouldn't because he is the default character. If the game was still like when you unlock characters by experience points, I would understand. But it isn't, so it makes new people less likely to use him because of that reason. Can't wait to see the new short.

I don't think Maxwell will go through with back stabbing everyone, if anything the others (especially Wilson) will probably help him save Charlie. Probably not on the next update, but soon. That's why he says this is wrong when he inspects the rose (Charlie's favorite flower). Also I think the mirror in the play is actually the portal that corrupt the ancients. And the reason Maxwell sealed the caves was to trap Charlie in after she was corrupted by the fuelweaver, that's why he was always apologizing to her back then. I'm going to stop now before my rambling gets any longer.

Edited by Hormiga89
Fixed some typos
  • Like 2
  • Health 1

I looked through descriptions. Wilson actually has some pretty powerful stuff now. 2 cut stones into a marble is pretty dope and it's probably the best way to get more marble so far.  Wickerbottoms will now abuse unsuspecting newbie Wilsons to craft them an irri gem. 

My only grasp is that it's called inspiration points. Wigfrid already has inspiration and it's more fitting for her. I'm sure you can come up with something more original. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CyberSkink said:

I would probably swap the value of red and blue gems, I find red gems to be MUCH more valuable. but otherwise this is AMAZING!

blue ones are way rarer

also i think the cost of yellow and orange should be swaped since you waste less yellow gems than orange ones

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Wilson's Refresh is now in the beta. Go here for instructions to enter the beta

Wilson Changes:

• Wilson becomes more seasoned over time by getting inspiration that he can spend on learning new skills.
  • Wilson can use the inspiration to open new abilities in categories of "Beard" "Torch" and "Alchemy"
  • The Inspiration persists between games.

New NPC encounter:

• A new creature can be found in the world.

View full update

supper cool so far but is it just me or is the transmute tree kinda suck?

Oh, I'm looking at new Wilson's (and previous Maxwell) refresh and I'm getting really sad about the first character's refreshes. Both are so polished and gave more than we expected. I hope some QoL updates will fix disproportions.

Edited by Thalkas
  • Like 6
  • Big Ups 1

29 minutes ago, Evelo said:

Interesting. I don't know how I feel about this being a global thing rather than a per-world thing but will be interesting to see how it works out.

wait, really? It's not per world? That's odd. I see the direction that they are going for here, which is a compromise between making him with and without perks, but I don't know if I agree with it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Evelo said:

So how do you get this Inspiration? Can it be circumvented via console commands to expedite the testing process?

It appears, at least in my rough test by just speeding up simulation it gives 1 inspiration every 10 days.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WONTow said:

Is the Daywalker stuff part of Wilsons update, or is it unrelated brand new content?

i hope they use it for more stuff than just wilson rework

btw (spoilers about new stuff)

Spoiler

the artists nailed the new werepig animations is really polish. I just think that the new boss needs more variety of atacks. Such long fight gets repetitive with just 2 atacks (the ground punch is reaaaally cool tho)

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

maybe in multiplayer they can be more valuable if people dye often but other than that you have really high chances of getting them in the ruins while low chances for blue ones

Strangely enough I'm always flooding in blue ones due to blue hound waves and Mactusk hounds dropping much more often to me. My storage ratio is always 6 blue every 1 red.

• Like 1