[Game Update] - 530962

30 minutes ago, Gabovisk said:

Basically 4~5 seconds with bosses. (Before it was 11 seconds). Nerfed everything =(

That sounds pretty bad, I guess it's now a lot more like a slightly better petrification spell from forge where it's used more for "stalling" than "stunning" at least it doesn't break from just one hit like sleep or petrification so it can still be spammed if Maxwell doesn't plan on doing anything else.

Overall it's much worse but still has its uses it's now not a smaller but better panflute.

Not really sure how I feel about it.

Edited by Cloakingsumo198
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ADM said:

That is quite interesting, so sane players can non longer help out allies fighting shadows ? I think I quite like this but may I suggest some Nightmare Amulet changes with that to make them refuelable / cheaper / more durable ?

I’d like to help my allies in some early ways while staying with high sanity somehow, but this item is kinda goofy, time for it to shine more. :distant:

I'm not really a fan of this change personally I feel like losing auto attack is fine but force attack should stay regardless of sanity thresholds...

• Like 11

I'd say maybe increase the range of the shadow prison's AOE since it is now essentially only for CC. Otherwise, I honestly agree with the decision to make it break faster if attacked. Still amazing for bee queen or other bosses that spawn minions. 

Edit: I agree with the reply below me. Non-boss mobs should still have the full effect

Edited by Dr. Safety
  • Like 5

I understand that the perk now lasts nearly nothing against bosses (just tested it) But I don't understand why normal non-boss mobs got the nerf as well.
I think it was enough with nerfing bosses only, it can even be justified that they are stronger to break out of it.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I'd say maybe increase the range of the shadow prison's AOE since it is now essentially only for CC

This would help to some extent. I'd make the penalty of decreased duration for non-bosses a lot smaller, insignificant, or just remove it altogether. Non-boss usage is probably the most versatile thing you can do with this perk.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

this updates awesome i had some ideas which i think it may make things better maybe like shadow sneak working on nightmares causing them not to attack maxwell for some time 

or maxwell using nightmare fuel to regenerate some sanity 

he is the king of the sanity afterall and he gotta have full control on his sanity i think it will make the theme more fun tho i know this will need some balancing. but i think with some nerfs on the shadow prison it will be better cause Right now shadow sneak is kinda useless and is barely used even in the late game TBH.

25 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

That sounds pretty bad, I guess it's now a lot more like a slightly better petrification spell from forge where it's used more for "stalling" than "stunning" at least it doesn't break from just one hit like sleep or petrification so it can still be spammed if Maxwell doesn't plan on doing anything else.

Overall it's much worse but still has its uses it's now not a smaller but better panflute.

Not really sure how I feel about it.

Yeah, I wish they would stop nerfing Maxwell. Even I’M starting to get worried to be honest… one nerf is fine, but three updates in a row being nerfs is a little excessive IMO…

• Like 2

I don't get people complaining about the cage. You can still use it to safely resummon duelists and you can even still use it to brainlessly facetank bosses while avoiding all their mechanics, it just has a slight cost now instead of being practically free. If anything I think Maxwell got buffed this patch since he casts faster.

Plus, breaking the queen out of the cage faster lets you easily separate her from her minions. Overall you can do that fight with even less uses than before, so I think that's a buff against one of the bosses that the cage was already best against.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, V2C said:
  • Shadow Prison breaks faster while you are attacking the target through it.
  •  

Why tho? It has no need to introduce such a thing in a mechanic  which requires not only sanity administration but timming administration as well. Balanced, fun, and now they took it from the players who are enjoying the update so far. I thing it still is time to get back to the way Shadow prison was working cuz that was the only reason why I started to play Maxwell due the fact it WORKS. 

• Like 20

1 minute ago, MrSoratori said:

Why tho? It has no need to introduce such a thing in a mechanic  which requires not only sanity administration but timming administration as well. Balanced, fun, and now they took it from the players who are enjoying the update so far. I thing it still is time to get back to the way Shadow prison was working cuz that was the only reason why I started to play Maxwell due the fact it WORKS. 

Yeah, I agree, while I’m all for klei’s decision making, there is a point where things just feel off… sad to say, this is one of those points.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, V2C said:

When you are above 50% sanity, you cannot target or force attack other players’ shadow creatures.

Its possible to make this just with maxwells equiping bone helm in a specific range of each other, or something else? This is a huge multiplayer change. Its completely normal friends helping each other to kill their sanity monsters, making the sane person being insane too to help its kinda stonks.
Thank you for the attention guys. @V2C

Edited by Thalz
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, V2C said:
  • When you are below 50% sanity but not insane yet, the attack key will no longer auto-target other players’ shadow creatures.  However, you can still target and force attack them.
  • When you are above 50% sanity, you cannot target or force attack other players’ shadow creatures.

This makes it still possible to help fully insane players without using an item to force your effective sanity to 0, but you'll have to constantly re-lower your sanity when you land final blows on shadow creatures. (Unless BERNIE! kills them for you, but we can't all be Willow mains.) If you're actively farming nightmare fuel and not just helping someone who's in trouble this is even more of a nuisance. 

Currently you get +15 Sanity for killing a Crawling Horror and +33 for killing a Terrorbeak no matter who spawned it or what level of sanity you have. I think you should stop getting a sanity boost from killing other people's shadows when you're above 40% sanity, the same point at which beardlings turn back into rabbits, as a lead-up to not being able to attack them at all at 50%.

Just now, TitanicTigrex said:

Yeah, I agree, while I’m all for klei’s decision making, there is a point where things just feel off… sad to say, this is one of those points.

yeah i think they went too far nerfing maxwell the focusing maxwell with each shadow disappearing was kinda enough just a small nerf on the shadow prison would be enough but this is kinda too much i think ...

I used to think shadow summoning should've been more expensive, but now I think it's ok to have a weak pillar spell vs a strong duelists spell, because now summoning more duelists equals to having weaker pillars.

EDIT: I was wrong, duelists/companions don't weaken the pillars, only players do, Maxwell included. The king lives.

Edited by DelroyBM
Grammar.

3 minutes ago, TitanicTigrex said:

Why lower it in the first place?

Because players shouldn't be able to beat the most difficult obstacles in the game (raid bosses) by simply spamming 2 cheap moves over and over again at barely any resource cost and with no need to deal with or even have knowledge of boss mechanics.

Edited by LDee
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, LDee said:

Because players shouldn't be able to beat the most difficult obstacles in the game (raid bosses) by simply spamming 2 cheap moves over and over again at barely any resource cost and with no need to deal with or even have knowledge of boss mechanics.

Ok, good point, but I wouldn’t say that the entirety of Maxwell. 

Why the shadow prison nerf? I imagine it was already pretty decently balanced for console players.. but after this change it sounds like it’ll be more dangerous to use.

to Elaborate I’m a WENDY Main & Wendy plays a bit differently on Xbox then she does on PC- Meaning that in order to recall Abigail back into her flower you need to be about within spear slapping distance to her, and then by that time.. Your right in the middle of the danger! On PC you can stand at a bit of a further away safer distance to recall, heal up and then resummon Abby.

Which makes me worried that in order to attack anything with the Shadow prison as Maxwell I will need to be closer to it then PC players would need to be, and with the lowered durability on it: Puts me in the same situation as Console Wendy: Your right in the heart of Danger and whatever your minion/wall was meant to protect you from- is now angry and within attacking distance to you.

I can’t play in the beta to test it for myself, I can only hope I’m wrong about this! :( 

• Like 2