[Game Update] - 530962

• Developer

Changes

• Shadow Servants no longer run away from shadow creatures that aren’t hostile to their summoner.
  • Shadow Servants no longer run away from the Reanimated Skeleton if it is not in combat.
  • Shadow creature targeting changes (multiplayer):
    • For your own shadow creatures, targeting and attacking works the same as usual.
    • When you are insane, targeting and attacking works the same as usual.
    • When you are below 50% sanity but not insane yet, the attack key will no longer auto-target other players’ shadow creatures.  However, you can still target and force attack them.
    • When you are above 50% sanity, you cannot target or force attack other players’ shadow creatures.
    • Please note that as a visual cue, your idle animation changes at 50% sanity.
  • Reduced frequency of Maxwell’s shadowy equipment speech hints.
  • Maxwell can now cancel out of his spell casting animation slightly faster.
  • Shadow Sneak can now cause Lavae, Woven Shadow, and Birchnutter to panic.
  • Shadow Sneak will no longer be triggered by things that can’t panic.
  • Shadow Prison breaks faster while you are attacking the target through it.
  • AoE attack hit boxes for Ancient Sentrypede, Eye of Terror, Retinazor, Spazmatism, and Celestial Champion have been updated to account for the size of their targets.
  • Celestial Champion will now move away from shadow puppets as well in phase 3.
  • Enlightening Snare pulses will now cause shadow puppets to temporarily phase out.

Bug Fixes

• Dragonfly will move while attacking again.
  • Fixed a bug causing Bee Queen’s targeting to fail if she gets stuck in phase 1.
  • Fixed a bug causing Ancient Guardian’s leap attack to fail targeting sometimes.
  • Shadow Servants will no longer pick things off of structures.
  • Repairing inspection strings will no longer show for the Lazy Forager.
  • Fixed a crash with the Stagehand.

View full update

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 11

11 minutes ago, V2C said:

View full update

Does this apply only to the Maxwell that cast the spell (you) or does it apply to anything such as his duelists, friendly mobs and other characters?

Edited by LDee
  • Like 2

• Developer
5 minutes ago, LDee said:

Does this apply only to the Maxwell that cast the spell (you) or does it apply to anything such as his duelists, friendly mobs and other characters?

This applies to anything attacking it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, V2C said:

When you are above 50% sanity, you cannot target or force attack other players’ shadow creatures.

That is quite interesting, so sane players can non longer help out allies fighting shadows ? I think I quite like this but may I suggest some Nightmare Amulet changes with that to make them refuelable / cheaper / more durable ?

I’d like to help my allies in some early ways while staying with high sanity somehow, but this item is kinda goofy, time for it to shine more. :distant:

Edited by ADM
  • Like 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

3 minutes ago, ADM said:

That is quite interesting, so sane players can non longer help out allies fighting shadows ? I think I quite like this but may I suggest some Nightmare Amulet changes with that to make them refuelable / cheaper / more durable ?

I’d like to help my allies in some early ways while staying with high sanity somehow, but this item is kinda goofy, time for it to shine more. :distant:

I definitely think 1x Purple Gem instead of 2x would be nice. Do you think a 10 minute duration would be a bit much?

34 minutes ago, V2C said:

Shadow creature targeting changes (multiplayer):

• For your own shadow creatures, targeting and attacking works the same as usual.
  • When you are below 50% sanity but not insane yet, the attack key will no longer auto-target other players’ shadow creatures.  However, you can still target and force attack them.
  • When you are above 50% sanity, you cannot target or force attack other players’ shadow creatures.

I like this, less people screaming around base for help with killing a bunch of nightmares(rip me xd), i can wear the bone helm without killling others and i can't missclick on someone with a bonehelm when sane and get demolished.

2 minutes ago, Owlrust said:

I definitely think 1x Purple Gem instead of 2x would be nice. Do you think a 10 minute duration would be a bit much?

Yes the cost need to be more in line with the other amulets, certainly. As for durability I suppose it lasting at least a whole day would be better than only half, then I can probably like this without refuel (with cost changes), I'd probably be better at judging that from trying out changes while playing if it happens, right now the item isn't appealing if not for FW. :???:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ADM said:

Yes the cost need to be more in line with the other amulets, certainly. As for durability I suppose it lasting at least a whole day would be better than only half, then I can probably like this without refuel (with cost changes), I'd probably be better at judging that from trying out changes while playing if it happens, right now the item isn't appealing if not for FW. :???:

True, that, and the fact that it's so situational too. What if, just spit-balling here, the amulet also did the opposite effect if the player was fully insane; giving the effects of full sanity temporarily until the amulet is taken off or expired?

Could be useful for areas where you're likely to go insane to not get swarmed by shadows for a small duration, or even to help stave off shadow creatures with fights where you're likely to go insane such as Deerclops.

• Sanity 2

Just now, SullyD said:

You are right, after that I don't care anymore. Bye

Look, I wanted changes too, but I got past them. I wanted the fuelweaver gear to get buffed, did they do it? No. Because ITS THEIR DECISION TO MAKE!

If they change it, great, if they don’t, don’t throw a hissy fit over it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, V2C said:

When you are above 50% sanity, you cannot target or force attack other players’ shadow creatures.

Public servers' Willow mains after the update:

Money GIF | Gfycat

Time to cleanse Willow main's reputation after it was corrupted even more on Wicker's trailer.

Edited by DelroyBM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• AoE attack hit boxes for Ancient Sentrypede, Eye of Terror, Retinazor, Spazmatism, and Celestial Champion have been updated to account for the size of their targets.

I'm sorry, but what do u mean about "size of their targets"?
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Shadow Servants no longer run away from shadow creatures that aren’t hostile to their summoner.
  • Shadow Servants no longer run away from the Reanimated Skeleton if it is not in combat.
  • Shadow creature targeting changes (multiplayer):
  • Reduced frequency of Maxwell’s shadowy equipment speech hints.
  • Maxwell can now cancel out of his spell casting animation slightly faster.
  • Shadow Sneak can now cause Lavae, Woven Shadow, and Birchnutter to panic.
  • Shadow Sneak will no longer be triggered by things that can’t panic.
  • Celestial Champion will now move away from shadow puppets as well in phase 3.
  • Enlightening Snare pulses will now cause shadow puppets to temporarily phase out.

Bug Fixes

• Dragonfly will move while attacking again.
  • Fixed a bug causing Bee Queen’s targeting to fail if she gets stuck in phase 1.
  • Fixed a bug causing Ancient Guardian’s leap attack to fail targeting sometimes.
  • Shadow Servants will no longer pick things off of structures.
  • Repairing inspection strings will no longer show for the Lazy Forager.
  • Fixed a crash with the Stagehand.

View full update

Ótimo rework, joguei bastante de Max por muito tempo, agora vou abandonar o personagem por causa de nerf. Parabéns Klei.

• Like 5

• Developer
8 minutes ago, Thalz said:

I'm sorry, but what do u mean about "size of their targets"?

It means they can hit as long as any part of the target's circle is within range, not just their center point, same as how regular attacks work.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1