[Game Update] - 530962

1 minute ago, LDee said:

It's very debatable if gatherer Maxwell pre-rework was better.

Shadow duelists did exist pre-rework, they are just 300 times better now which is an insane buff.

Shadow snare didn't exist pre-rework, a buff.

Shadow prison not existing post-rework isn't a nerf because he never had it before, it's either a buff or it doesn't exist.

in Dst shadow duellists were an waste... DS shadows were good

2 hours ago, V2C said:

When you are above 50% sanity, you cannot target or force attack other players’ shadow creatures.

this change.... feels bad for multiplayer.

Its pretty common practice to like, help out a player, whenever they're struggling with shadow creatures whenever you see them, making sure they die or maybe even going the extra mile and allowing the other player to get the finishing blow so they can recover sanity. This was nice, and cooperative gameplay.

I don't think this change is good, it simply removes this cooperation, and I don't think putting it behind the nightmare amulet, or really any item like that, or some cumbersome sanity management, will make it feel any better. This change should really kinda just be removed. It's anti-cooperation.

If you really wanted to stick by it, maybe you could simply make it so that players above 50% sanity just don't do as much damage to shadow creatures, since lore-speaking, they're just kind of swinging at empty space and hoping it hit something. It would also help the insane player land finishing blows easier.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 2

3 minutes ago, LDee said:

Shadow prison not existing post-rework isn't a nerf because he never had it before, it's either a buff or it doesn't exist.

for me that is not an valid argument, this is an beta,just comparing to Start beta maxwell this maxwell was from an top dog to an wes 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, edulopes said:

for me that is not an valid argument, this is an beta,just comparing to Start beta maxwell this maxwell was from an top dog to an wes 

But you compared post-rework Wolf to pre-rework Wolf...

Wait are you saying current Maxwell is Wes?

did you play second day maxwell?

he was borderline OP, compared to that maxwell this maxwell is much more weak

i am just asking an shift of power,

3 minutes ago, LDee said:

Yes, and now that they are 300 times better, they have been given a massive buff.

yes they were, but as you said you cant compare pre rework to post rework 

• Like 4

Just now, edulopes said:

No, but I know his duelists have gotten much better since then.  I wouldn't want his duelists to go back to being that weak btw.

2 minutes ago, edulopes said:

yes they were, but as you said you cant compare pre rework to post rework 

I didn't say you can't compare pre-rework to post...

• Haha 1

I love the insanity change. The shadow creatures have always been meant to be elusive *to me and having a mob of players gang up on a horror the moment he dares attack one of them always struck me as weird. I also appreciate it since gauging how much health a nightmare creature has can be difficult, and so people running in to save you but inadvertently making your time worse with terrors and longer insanity is imo a bigger issue than someone being unable to deal with it themselves.

Edited by MadMatt
  • Like 2
  • Sanity 1

Sorry to say I'm not a fan of the variable prison time. I don't mind a slight nerf to the overall timer but six seconds is very punishing, especially considering the lock-down animation of Codex reading. It's just not enough time to do anything besides maybe summon a duelist or sneak in a couple attacks. Please consider retuning the timer values; they are discouraging use of these new mechanics.

Edited by JazzyGames
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 2
  • Big Ups 3

Just now, LDee said:

No, but I know his duelists have gotten much better since then.  I wouldn't want his duelists to go back to being that weak btw.

in my eyes you should at least get some reverts to day two, to be as tank as they were,

or day 3 that all maigic equip dealt 60 damage

i think now that the shadow prision was nerfed those buffs can be done, at least shadow tankyness so you lose less time summoning shadows and more figthing

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, edulopes said:

he was borderline OP, compared to that maxwell this maxwell is much more weak

Second day maxwell was like a funny dream. 

That maxwell ate every boss while sleeping lol

One day someone should go back to that with mods and just show maxwell beating every boss just doing the dance emote

• Like 1
  • Health 1

3 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

Sorry to say I'm not a fan of the variable prison time. I don't mind a slight nerf to the overall timer but six seconds is very punishing, especially considering the lock-down animation of Codex reading. It's just not enough time to do anything besides maybe summon a duelist or sneak in a couple attacks. Please consider retuning these timer values; they are discouraging use of these new mechanics.

probably for the best

• Sad Dupe 1

still think these shadows sould actualy be there permanently and not just a rental helper, or like a spell that can create an infinity long shadow helper that changes equipment with you, something like that, i mean, maxwell does feel more and more weaker with more beta updates, and sometimes feeling not worth using

• Like 3

Just now, Echsrick said:

still think these shadows sould actualy be there permanently and not just a rental helper, or like a spell that can create an infinity long shadow helper

maxwell's servants exist for as long as it takes to do the job. which can be infinitely long under whatever circumstances require that. I think servants/duelists that are way more versatile, and orders of magnitude cheaper, are much better than, uh, those dudes that mine the glommer statue for no goddamn reason.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Echsrick said:

still think these shadows sould actualy be there permanently and not just a rental helper, or like a spell that can create an infinity long shadow helper that changes equipment with you, something like that, i mean, maxwell does feel more and more weaker with more beta updates, and sometimes feeling not worth using

me too, i'll say in every post, they shold create an Shadow Protector or a way to Shadows "protect" Max from Shadow Creatures just like Bernie does, this will make Max attack with soldiers and don't worrie with Sanity/Cast/Attack/Heal 

• Like 2

well for me maxwell should still be like this

so that would nerf the walls for early game but not late game
and making the duellists consistent overall, and making shadow gear useful but not an obligation
or just take the walls part would be good for me too

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Taeli said:

me too, i'll say in every post, they shold create an Shadow Protector or a way to Shadows "protect" Max from Shadow Creatures just like Bernie does, this will make Max attack with soldiers and don't worrie with Sanity/Cast/Attack/Heal 

but that is the interesting part of using the new maxwell...

3 minutes ago, Victor Haros said:

Oh bye max.

You're a good char before nerfs :/

KLEI, PLS DONT DO ANYTHING TO WURT.

She's perfect the way she is.

at least in the end i still got her, not my main but close enough and better enough to best him hehe

• Health 1

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

but that is the interesting part of using the new maxwell...

yeah but u are playing with a character wich control shadows but the shadow don't attack other shadows?? if u are creating something to survive is a good way creating a Shadow Protector (only 1) and this Shadow will aggro other Shadow creatures, Bernie can do this idk know why Max can't. 

Just now, Taeli said:

yeah but u are playing with a character wich control shadows but the shadow don't attack other shadows?? if u are creating something to survive is a good way creating a Shadow Protector (only 1) and this Shadow will aggro other Shadow creatures, Bernie can do this idk know why Max can't. 

the problem is ballancing this, as some people stated, 5% of nigthmare fuel would make many more

but i liked the idea, probably remove the shadow attack part