Shadow Prison Duration |     6 sec     |  12 sec  |   24 sec   |

Units Attacking Prisoned Target | Duration Removed Per Second |
---------------------------------+-----------------------------+
               0                 |           1.00 sec          |
               1                 |           1.50 sec          |
               2                 |           1.67 sec          |
               3                 |           1.83 sec          |
               4+                |           2.00 sec          |

If the number of units attacking a pillared target is constant throughout a pillar's duration (unlikely to happen in an actual fight), then you effectively get these durations:

Units Attacking Prisoned Target |  Players  |  Bosses  | Other Mobs |   Percent   |
  (Assuming Constant Throughout)  |   (PVP)   |          |            | of Original |
----------------------------------+-----------+----------+------------+-------------+
 0 Units - Shadow Prison Duration |   6 sec   |  12 sec  |   24 sec   |    100%     |
 1 Unit - Shadow Prison Duration  |   4 sec   |   8 sec  |   16 sec   |    66.7%    |
 2 Units - Shadow Prison Duration |  3.6 sec  |  7.2 sec |  14.4 sec  |    60.0%    |
 3 Units - Shadow Prison Duration |  3.3 sec  |  6.5 sec |  13.1 sec  |    54.5%    |
 4+ Units - Shadow Prison Duration|   3 sec   |   6 sec  |   12 sec   |    50.0%    |

I just want to make one clarification. One player + all their followers, counts as one Unit in the above data.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, HorseRadish said:

Both of these scenarios are avoidable but changing them makes playing Maxwell slightly nicer, and unless you needed to pick up mass amounts of powdercakes this change shouldnt have any negative impact on gameplay.

It's just extra work for devs but if they fine with it I don't mind. 

I would have been fine either way, since you can place workers outside of puzzle reach. As for berries - you could just punch your shadow when it gave you berries. 

And I don't know why would anyone wear lazy forager at their base.

3 hours ago, V2C said:

Shadow Servants no longer run away from the Reanimated Skeleton if it is not in combat.

what about an idea to make shadow duellists not wanting to figth an friendly reanimated skeleton?making him an more hand to help on caves

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, edulopes said:

the problem is ballancing this, as some people stated, 5% of nigthmare fuel would make many more

but i liked the idea, probably remove the shadow attack part 

yeah if u using a Protector u can't create idk pillar or less 2 Shadow Soldiers, Klei Dev should try this u_u 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JesseB_Klei said:

This will be out in the next update.

Will spell placement and menu navigating be overhauled for controllers when Maxwell's rework comes out?

Opening a menu to emote or sort inventory freezes the character in place and the targeting for casting is kinda awkward for other similar items

I was hoping for some changes since Maxwell is gonna be doing a lot of both.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Soul7k said:

Any chance shield,eye mask,and batbat will make the puppet gear list? Also will Moose/woody were-form puppet friendly fire get fixed? Apparently the charge is obliterating Max's puppets

Don't think it's a bug. I don't play with faction players often but i'm 99% sure the moose charge attacks all creatures no matter if they're friendly or not, it's an indiscriminate charge I suppose.

17 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

Don't think it's a bug. I don't play with faction players often but i'm 99% sure the moose charge attacks all creatures no matter if they're friendly or not, it's an indiscriminate charge I suppose.

then in that case it would be nice if it just didnt damage any befriended units, but I understand why it happens now.

Edited by Soul7k

1 hour ago, edulopes said:

look wolfgang, they removed his MoveSpeed, gave him consistent 2x time damge

I mean to be fair Maxwell does a lot more things than Wolfgang each of them being very useful on their own as well.

39 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

implying the devs remember wurt exists

I mean considering the consistent changes Wurt has gotten over this year I feel they completely remember she exists.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean to be fair Maxwell does a lot more things than Wolfgang each of them being very useful on their own as well.

But they have nerfed him 3 times IN A ROW now! Who is to say that EVERYTHING about him don’t get nerfed?:wilson_cry:

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

I don't know if you guys are gonna revert the changes of the shadow prison, if not can you make it so that the timer for how long it will last will increase if wearing or holding items from different shadow tiers? Of course with the higher tier the longer it will last.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Loonytoony said:

I don't know if you guys are gonna revert the changes of the shadow prison, if not can you make it so that the timer for how long it will last will increase if wearing or holding items from different shadow tiers? Of course with the higher tier the longer it will last.

Actually this is a good change.

But I still want major buffs to fuelweaver gear

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why the shadow prison nerf? I imagine it was already pretty decently balanced for console players.. but after this change it sounds like it’ll be more dangerous to use.

to Elaborate I’m a WENDY Main & Wendy plays a bit differently on Xbox then she does on PC- Meaning that in order to recall Abigail back into her flower you need to be about within spear slapping distance to her, and then by that time.. Your right in the middle of the danger! On PC you can stand at a bit of a further away safer distance to recall, heal up and then resummon Abby.

Which makes me worried that in order to attack anything with the Shadow prison as Maxwell I will need to be closer to it then PC players would need to be, and with the lowered durability on it: Puts me in the same situation as Console Wendy: Your right in the heart of Danger and whatever your minion/wall was meant to protect you from- is now angry and within attacking distance to you.

I can’t play in the beta to test it for myself, I can only hope I’m wrong about this! :( 

So again I can't say for certain that it works 1 to 1 with how it'll work on console but it seems like the shadow prison range is the same Max range as with pc but you can't shorten the distance on it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TitanicTigrex said:

But they have nerfed him 3 times IN A ROW now! Who is to say that EVERYTHING about him don’t get nerfed?:wilson_cry:

They've also given him buffs as well and so far he hasn't gotten any nerfs that were completely unreasonable and I imagine how the prison reacts against normal mobs might get changed.

36 minutes ago, Loonytoony said:

Sorry It seems I didn't load all the replies and you said the same thing before I did. Great minds think alike lol
I agree with @Loonytoony

• Like 2