[Game Update] - Public Testing 522820

7 hours ago, crbd115 said:

but he's working on other games right now as far as his twitter bio says so I wouldn't expect anything

@babba

That twitter was last updated in 2020, his klei profile hasn't had activity since August last year.

He's either on an extended break or not working for Klei anymore.

1667918257_goodbye.thumb.png.0d7e6e28c355af0030dc6080d9d73973.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

On 9/15/2022 at 12:24 AM, Sasza22 said:

I can see the smog morph being useful to gather the hydrogen regular morphs create. Not only you will likely get them at random when ranching plug slugs for power but it will work in the same setup collecting the hydrogen for free without needing automation to turn it off. That`s efficiency.

they survive 90° so why not filter hydrogen from the electrolyser? might need a bigger chamber but would reduce the pumps by one making it more efficient.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

On 9/13/2022 at 11:56 PM, JarrettM said:

Fixed issue where dragging was not properly disabled during auto saving, causing build and dig commands to stretch across the asteroid.

Yay, no more sweat during (and especially after) auto save because I just queued up a deconstruct command and realized too late this will turn into base self-destruct.

10 minutes ago, Nascarlaser1 said:

What is the story trait system? 

If I understand correctly it's a system of a side quests that grants you some bonuses to the colony. Currently there is dream analyzer that can boost  your dupes' attributes for 3 cycles spacewide and critter mutator that can morph your critters.

However, I agree that in current stage the system is not really clear

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pether said:

If I understand correctly it's a system of a side quests that grants you some bonuses to the colony. Currently there is dream analyzer that can boost  your dupes' attributes for 3 cycles spacewide and critter mutator that can morph your critters.

However, I agree that in current stage the system is not really clear

neat! Thanks for info :grin:

18 hours ago, crbd115 said:

https://twitter.com/Ipsquiggle Idk if he works at klei anymore or not, but he's working on other games right now as far as his twitter bio says so I wouldn't expect anything

I`m hoping for the best :p https://forums.kleientertainment.com/profile/202401-ipsquiggle/

Not everyone has permanent contact with the community via the forum, all the time. Lets see. :ghost:

Edited by babba

3 hours ago, sirloxley said:

Does this imply they can be used to 'recycle' depleted uranium?

image.png.757b4c574af9ebf92fd87034bbdff848.png

No hydrogen, but in theory, this is turning 57kg of depleted uranium into 120kj of power. (3 blocks of night time = 75 seconds, 75 seconds of 1600w)

Edited by Primalflower
  • Sanity 1

On 9/16/2022 at 8:34 PM, Gurgel said:

Have been waiting for that one, aehm, "for a while" ;-)

Me too.   Was so awfully annoying. You will hear me curse everytime it happens on stream.    

Hopefully they also disable building placement during saves.   Buildings almost everytime would get placed randomly somewhere on the map.   Because I would here a click placement sound.  And right after I would have to hunt everywhere to track down the construction order.    Sometimes it gets placed in the dark area that you haven't discovered yet.     Many cycles later I will find it or a dupe randomly builds something. 

Edited by RonEmpire
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

Me too.   Was so awfully annoying. You will hear me curse everytime it happens on stream.    

I can imagine.

7 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

Hopefully they also disable building placement during saves.   Buildings almost everytime would get placed randomly somewhere on the map.   Because I would here a click placement sound.  And right after I would have to hunt everywhere to track down the construction order.    Sometimes it gets placed in the dark area that you haven't discovered yet.     Many cycles later I will find it or a dupe randomly builds something. 

Ah, _that_ is how that happens! I have wondered about it but thought it was just me doing mis-clicks...