[Game Update] - 515595

• Developer

Changes

• Wortox Soul Hop with the Map has had its range reduced by 20%.
    • This puts it in line with the expected range a player experiences when teleporting manually.
  • Wortox Souls now only heal hurt players and have more diminishing returns when healing groups of hurt players.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed Cave Holes teleport location issues.
  • Controller support was added to make teleporting to it easier.
  • When teleporting across the map with Wortox the camera will no longer run across the world to catch up.
  • The Fiery Pen can no longer be charged over 100%
  • The Cookbook and the Codex Umbra can now be placed in the Bookcase
  • Books can no longer be read while burning
  • The Everything Encyclopedia bonus now gets properly saved
  • Force attack no longer targets following Grumble Bees

View full update

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 6
  • Potato Cup 4

7 minutes ago, HugoM said:

The Fiery Pen can no longer be charged over 100%

Aww I loved this bug, I thought it might be fun if it was made into an actual feature possibly 'overcharging' at above 100%. I've always liked the idea of an item that can go over 100% durability and get special mechanics when doing so.

Great patch!

• Like 12
  • Potato Cup 1

19 minutes ago, HugoM said:

Codex Umbra

This should be reverted. Wickerbottom states that she would never allow that book in her library. Its very inconsistent for her.

I thought it was a funny attention of detail that you couldnt put the codex in her bookshelf. I was proud of you Klei.

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 1

SOLUTION: change the wickerbottom quote and/or assume that lore-wise other characters are putting it in rather than wickerbottom. lore-wise wurt keeps putting it in there because that's where the books go and wickerbottom tosses it into the river each time she sees it and wurt swims down and grabs it and puts it back

• Like 11
  • Haha 12
  • Health 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Potato Cup 1

28 minutes ago, HugoM said:

Books can no longer be read while burning

I'm a bit confused by this patch note. You weren't ever able to read books while they were burning because burning items could not be in your inventory, am I misunderstanding or did a developer just forget that :p.

(For anyone who thinks if it might mean the player themself burning, I believed that too but I tested in-game and checked the code and it indeed checks if the book specifically is burning)

Edited by Hornete
  • Potato Cup 1

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

I'm a bit confused by this patch note. You weren't ever able to read books while they were burning because burning items could not be in your inventory, am I misunderstanding or did a developer just forget that :p.

you can put a book on the ground and read it with right click, now i guess you no longer can do that

1 minute ago, dois raios said:

you can put a book on the ground and read it with right click

image.png.d08dc1affe4b97c5d17d493e12d5273f.png

I've played Wickerbottom numerous times over the years and I can assure you being able to right click books on the ground to read them was never a thing.

• Like 3

Just now, Sinistrem said:

Can someone explain to me please what does this actually mean? Like what happens when you drop a soul at full healt?

Currently in the non-Beta game, the Souls will heal players when dropped and if there are various players the healing amount will be divided for each player even if they are at full health. So with this change, Souls will now only heal hurt players so it won't divide the healing.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 3

4 minutes ago, Sinistrem said:

"Wortox Souls now only heal hurt players"

Can someone explain to me please what does this actually mean? Like what happens when you drop a soul at full health?

i can assume when in a group it will ignore full hp players and only go for the hurt ones
if there is no lost hp on players, i think it'll do what it did before the update and just poof

Just now, Onionbird said:

i can assume when in a group it will ignore full hp players and only go for the hurt ones
if there is no lost hp on players, i think it'll do what it did before the update and just poof

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Primalflower said:

this is the research at prompt but for the codex umbra because it is a research station.

so maybe is something related to read books inside a burning bookcase, idk, just an idea

1 minute ago, Primalflower said:

i was wrong, sorry ;-;

• Big Ups 1

Just now, dois raios said:

so maybe is something related to read books inside a burning bookcase, idk, just an idea

i've been told that what it actually was was like when a book is burning, instead of examining it, you could read it instead. so it was only something you could do while it was in the process of burning. Kind of unclear before now :/

• Like 1