[Game Update] - 515595

6 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

Why did this thread turn into bashing Wortox for being "broken OP" while Wickerbottom still has way more powerful books available for ridiculously cheap price? Is it OK for Wicker to be "broken OP" but not OK for Wortox? 

Because this patch modified his soul hopping ability and didn't modify her books? And I don't see much of anybody complaining about him being OP in this thread. Quite the opposite.

Edited by Faintly Macabre

The update has only been out for a day. We'll get Wicker changes once the next week hits but changing Wortox's abilities to something minimal as this is what this timeframe of a patch allowed it to be before the weekend. Wicker's changes needs meetings on what to do about people's concerning issues and isn't as easy as changing it from 'this to that' in a day. It requires a lot of thinking, hearing from everybody in the community and what they could do to make everybody happy regarding the issues people have with Wickerbottom and her books. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

56 minutes ago, Echsrick said:

imagine klei would finaly nerf wendy when someone says that shes unreasonable strong, that would be actualy great

If Klei felt Wendy needed more nerfs I would welcome the nerfs because until then: I’m not playing the Wendy they envisioned wanting me to experience. Also as a Wendy Main I’ll let you know that several things added over the years have directly or even indirectly effected Wendy- such as Hound Waves now including Varglets, these guys can melt Abigail if you don’t get out there and help her- unlike before where Wendy could pretty much stand Idle and let Abby wreck everything in sight, TerrorClaw (while mostly a forgotten about Mob..) is a new Shadow creature that Abby won’t help Wendy fight at all (Abby won’t/can’t fight shadows) And perhaps the biggest downside Wendy has ever had that no other character in the game has to really be too bothered with- Wendy Relies almost entirely upon Abigail to do Everything.. Abigail also quickly melts groups of Mobs which in turn means Wendy can Amass more Cursed Trinkets then she knows what to do With in a matter of seconds where as any other character (except maybe Webber..?) has to combat the monkeys one by one getting trinkets cautiously Whilst Wendy.. doesn’t have that option: Then once she Becomes Wonkey & Abigail is no longer around to help her Wendy players suffer there biggest downside yet- unlike say Wes, or Maxwell, Who can see the curse as a Buff..

45 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

Why did this thread turn into bashing Wortox for being "broken OP" while Wickerbottom still has way more powerful books available for ridiculously cheap price? Is it OK for Wicker to be "broken OP" but not OK for Wortox? 

Because Wickers books take time and gathering of various ingredients to craft, upkeep and use therefor with great power comes great respons… you know the saying. If Wortox needed to do (a little) more then just killing small creatures for souls- maybe I could see a valid complaint with wanting him to be “broken & OP” such as- I don’t know randomly spitballing ideas here but the more souls he holds in hand the faster his Sanity drains, but to make sure he has those souls in hand.. if he isn’t committing enough naughty killings then he will be judged by his peers & Krampii will spawn to attempt to kill him or steal away his souls?

(you want an OP character you gotta balance their rights to be OP..)

Wolfgangs Might is now tied to needing to workout and his most powerful workout tool requires hard to get materials.

Hence- Wortox = OP until proper balance.

Im no game designer but maybe a new type of Soul System can be made for him? Small souls for short teleportations & low healing, bigger souls from larger mobs for more powerful longer distant teleports or higher healing?

Edited by Mike23Ua

i hope wickerbottom and wortox dont get many more changes. As someone who hasn't really played either of them much, this rework has reinvigorated my interest in both of them. I especially enjoy wickerbottom's early game, as her everything encyclopedia and her science 1 knowledge gives her an incredible amount of freedom where you would usually be working up to an alchemy engine. It was super fun to use the everything encyclopedia to prototype sleepytime stories and just have sleep on hand like that.

Edited by Primalflower
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Chubbylicious said:

you're chosing to appease the players who DON'T PLAY as Wortox instead of us, the people who actually enjoy the character.

YES.png.a60c1a531d911d47ac51a6bbe10ff193.png

That's kind of the point of reworks and adjustments though, isn't it? If I remember correctly, when modders would generate little lists of which characters are played the most, Wortox would always be way way way down at the bottom with his amount of players at any given time in the single digits. The recent Wortox changes aren't made to appeal to people who play Wortox, but reworks aren't really supposed to. Wortox had a super low amount of players, so he's being tweaked to have a larger appeal.

17 hours ago, Chubbylicious said:

BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT WORTOX. ALL THEY CARE IS TO THEIR TRINITY TO BE INTACT.

Okay, like, genuine question... has ANYONE cared about some sort of "holy trinity" since like, 2017? 2018? I've heard people mockingly bring it up in the present, but I've never heard anyone who actually stands by such a thing in like 5 years.

Edited by meow meow meow
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, meow meow meow said:

The recent Wortox changes aren't made to appeal to people who play Wortox, but reworks aren't really supposed to.

This is a fair point, but I don't think this is the sole way of looking into reworks. There are people playing some characters (almost) exclusively, and not considering how they feel about certain changes might, and will, discourage them from playing the game itself.

True, creating a larger appeal for a reworked character compared to their pre-rework version is and should be the highest priority regarding the design choices, but potentially losing a relatively small number of players for the sake of mass appeal is not a healthy decision at all.

That said, I also have no idea how these patch notes imply any kind of tweaking for the sake of a larger appeal. More people are going to play Wortox because he now heals a group of players less efficiently, is that the general idea? Or more people are going to play Wortox from now on, better make his one team-relevant perk weaker so we have an excuse to give him additional perks? I really don't understand.

I don't even want to get into character nerfs in DST, or how on earth nerfs can even contribute towards a mass appeal for the character in question. I have strictly negative opinions on those matters and I don't want to spread any more negativity here.

Just let Wortox keep his stuff, and let him have more. I can only imagine how much reading these patch notes would disappoint the Wortox players who were excited to see their character finally getting some attention.

I, as a player who only rarely plays Wortox, am also disappointed to see this happen to a character who wasn't even particularly strong to begin with, and has always been bullied around by his haters for being "too strong". Seeing that those voices matter more than the voices of people actually having fun just hurts. And it hurts knowing that this is not the first time, and it hurts to think there will be more of these incidents.

• Like 2
  • Health 2

Hello, here to throw my opinions out, I think the public voice about the tp nerf it' heard, it's just bad, it is more worth it to just jump normally, not even taking into consideration the full range of the tp witch can be accessed with some mods to zoom out further.

About the healing then, now the amount of heal decreases by 2 for each person within range, witch its really quite something. Let's say that on average 4 players are healed, including wortox, now each of em are getting 14 hp/soul, and that's something seying that until now the minimum amount of heal was 13 (when healing 8 ppl).

Speaking of witch, the lowest amount of heal/soul its 5, and that is just sad to see, it's too low.

The QOL of the heal ignoring full hp players is really nice, but the nerf doesn't justify it id say. If you really fell like the heal needs to be nerfed how about we meet in the middle, maybe 1.5 decrese? And the minimum amount could be raised to something semnificant like 10 or 12

Edited by Mr.Fun
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 9:45 PM, Chubbylicious said:

BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT WORTOX. ALL THEY CARE IS TO THEIR TRINITY TO BE INTACT.

The “big three” is long dead and it’s extremely arguable if they ever existed in the first place (which I believe they didn’t with only old Wolfgang being really good) 

• Like 2

If it's more soul efficient to just soul hop normally than use the teleport like b l a n k showed, this is basically a nonfeature beyond going to ocean islands and the atrium. 

There is not really even an efficiency gain since clicking on the screen a few times is negligible time, and the souls to make up the difference would need to be gathered anyway.

If the range needs to be brought in line with other teleports, the cost in souls should be reduced quite a bit to actually make sense to use this ability (at least 30% since it's currently 20% less efficient).

Not as crucially - the ability to teleport to boats would be cool.

wortox needs to learn to put souls into pearls jars

like, lets say they stack to 10. (or 20 if you think that's preferable, matching empty bottles) that'd be hilarious and really useful, right?

It's like how you can get a stack of bees and harvest them, but less annoying because of the silk cost and time spent catching the bugs

pls add this klei

Edited by h2mk
  • Like 13
  • Sanity 1

3 hours ago, h2mk said:

like, lets say they stack to 10. (or 20 if you think that's preferable, matching empty bottles) that'd be hilarious and really useful, right?

It's like how you can get a stack of bees and harvest them, but less annoying because of the silk cost and time spent catching the bugs

pls add this klei

I'm personally all in on more uses for empty bottles, even mentioned the idea a while back that WX could take the charge from a lightning rod and save it in a bottle or something to use at any point. The bottles in general have a lot of potential.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

17 hours ago, h2mk said:

pls add this klei

Fr this would be awesome and it could be a harder to craft item that requires bottles. Make it require gems (coz gems have some connection to souls in a way) and it makes dfly a big priority for wortox

Klei pls is the new rito pls.

Edited by Phen

On 7/16/2022 at 2:24 AM, HowlVoid said:

So is Klei going to make teleporting on console even more expensive? Probably not, trivial numbers.

Everything on console is more expensive. I go through Golden hoes faster than feather pencils (no Geo, actionQ, snapping tills) And I rebuild chests, fridges, drying racks and crockpots more than any mortal should lol

• Big Ups 1

On 7/18/2022 at 5:20 PM, Archswifter said:

I'm personally all in on more uses for empty bottles, even mentioned the idea a while back that WX could take the charge from a lightning rod and save it in a bottle or something to use at any point. The bottles in general have a lot of potential.

What If one could click on a charged sleeping Volt Goat to harvest electric milk, and effectively remove their charged nature? Similar to shaving a Beefalo. It would give a better use to 'End is Nigh' in its current state. It would also grant a pacifist way of farming this under used resource. 

And I always thought it was weird how killing a charged Goat would just drop milk in a bottle already; Where'd that come from?