[Game Update] - 514408

Posted (edited)

I would really appreciate a way to rotate fences. We have a lot and I didn't know about the problem before we launched the world tonight. I'd prefer to not have to roll back three hours of progress, please <3 

And thank you for pushing out a fix for this so quickly! 

Edited by KnottaHooker
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

I want to know how it broke.

They had commented out the call for the function responsible for setting the orientation of a fence upon load and accidentally left it as a comment. The fix was just as simple as uncommenting the call back in.

image.png.633693e86e8002e9e3579dcd425e000f.png

I know it might sound like a very silly mistake but things happen, we're human :P. And hey, maybe we'll get a new piece of content as a result of the bug lol, a way to rotate fences/gates does sound pretty nifty

• Like 8
  • GL Happy 1

1 minute ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

Anyone find out what skin texture files made it to this patch, if any?

image.png.f9f65d5a37001161ebc031079de1015d.png

These were the updated files for today.

If I had to guess, they relate to these issues:

Spoiler

And Wortox's tail is now included with the legs like other tails, instead of being tied to Wortox's head skin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hornete said:

I know it might sound like a very silly mistake but things happen, we're human :P. And hey, maybe we'll get a new piece of content as a result of the bug lol, a way to rotate fences/gates does sound pretty nifty

What if fences would rotate when you hammer them down? I'm so used to just walking cane the heck out of fences due to their easy destructable tendencies, hitting them with a hammer sounds like a waste of durability. I feel like more structures should have the "continuous hits to destroy" like scarecrows instead of "health/numbered hits" like chests and walls. One hit with a hammer = change orientation, 3 quick hits with a hammer = break.

On 7/7/2022 at 10:03 PM, PeterA said:

Accursed Trinkets are spawn protected

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I didn't get to troll anyone with this yet :'(

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1