Jump to content

some beta suggestions


Recommended Posts

im loving this update so far, just wanted to share some thoughs

- monkey form should have 2 additional wilbur perks: throwing poop for obv silly reasons and recovering sanity from eating bannanas, even if is just a little

- maybe cutless deals really little damage? i would love a new middle damage weapon and more taking in count that in the sea the only weapons avaraible are bulb kelp which is a waste and really useless and spears via mining in the moon island (edit: forgot glass cutter is a thing)

edit:

i copy this comment by DaZoul since i totally agree

3 hours ago, DaZoul said:

how about a buff to the Battle Paddle? Its damage is pretty bad, and its rowing force is weaker than that of the Driftwood Oar's as far as I know. Perhaps make it better than the latter (while still weaker than Malbatross Bill) and maybe increase its damage to 51 (that of the Tentacle Spike). Considering the fact that it isn't that easy to get, and getting it is limited to the Moon Quay as far as I know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

spears via mining in the moon island

I mean if you're already considering going to the lunar island to make a weapon, why not make glass cutters?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

I mean if you're already considering going to the lunar island to make a weapon, why not make glass cutters?

damn, totally forgot about them lol

still, i wanna use monke silly weapon 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

how about a buff to the Battle Paddle? Its damage is pretty bad, and its rowing force is weaker than that of the Driftwood Oar's as far as I know. Perhaps make it better than the latter (while still weaker than Malbatross Bill) and maybe increase its damage to 51 (that of the Tentacle Spike). Considering the fact that it isn't that easy to get, and getting it is limited to the Moon Quay as far as I know

16 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

Make splemonkeys not run away from you when as a monkey yourself.

Make splumonkeys spasm uncontrollably and then proceed to die when as a monkey yourself*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

how about a buff to the Battle Paddle? Its damage is pretty bad, and its rowing force is weaker than that of the Driftwood Oar's as far as I know. Perhaps make it better than the latter (while still weaker than Malbatross Bill) and maybe increase its damage to 51 (that of the Tentacle Spike). Considering the fact that it isn't that easy to get, and getting it is limited to the Moon Quay as far as I know

totally, as paddle should be something between driftwood oar and malba peak

would love if the damage reach tentacle spike's damage atleast

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

would love if the damage reach tentacle spike's damage atleast

yeah, just want it over the 50 damage milestone to make it viable 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can Wurt or Woodie become monkey cursed? It seems a little out of place for two characters who are already cursed (assuming Merms are still supposed to be cursed goats..) for the two characters who suffer curses to get yet another new one added to their list. Oh the irony..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can Wurt or Woodie become monkey cursed? It seems a little out of place for two characters who are already cursed (assuming Merms are still supposed to be cursed goats..) for the two characters who suffer curses to get yet another new one added to their list. Oh the irony..

oh the misery

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can Wurt or Woodie become monkey cursed? It seems a little out of place for two characters who are already cursed (assuming Merms are still supposed to be cursed goats..) for the two characters who suffer curses to get yet another new one added to their list. Oh the irony..

there arent any rules about how many curse can stack someone. Woodie could get cursed by gnaw in the gorge so...

is more weird that a non biological being like wx being transformed into merm or monkey but still, is a game mechanic doesnt need to be trully canon

1 minute ago, DaZoul said:

everybody wants to be   M      O      N      K      E      Y

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

- maybe cutless deals really little damage? i would love a new middle damage weapon and more taking in count that in the sea the only weapons avaraible are bulb kelp which is a waste and really useless and spears via mining in the moon island

I wanna point out the Cutless steals items, even when used by the player! Lots of mobs in the game have hidden inventories they use, so Im wondering in what cases this could be really neat, you could steal the items krampus steals back, and etc.

The ewecus's melee and snot attacks are actually "items" they equip to use those attack, so my friend found a really funny edge case where they stole the ewecus's melee attack with the cutless, and all it could do was snot them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hornete said:

I wanna point out the Cutless steals items, even when used by the player! Lots of mobs in the game have hidden inventories they use, so Im wondering in what cases this could be really neat, you could steal the items krampus steals back, and etc.

The ewecus's melee and snot attacks are actually "items" they equip to use those attack, so my friend found a really funny edge case where they stole the ewecus's melee attack with the cutless, and all it could do was snot them.

I think that's too niche to be of any real use. Not that everything needs to have a viable use of course.

If Klei wants to throw a bone our way it would be cool if it could steal some boss items even if very low chance. Like DF scales or royal honey. 

While the team is doing damage a single person could try to steal a couple of extra items on the side, 1% and maybe a cap of how much you can steal so a whole team doesn't steal a whole lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I think that's too niche to be of any real use. Not that everything needs to have a viable use of course.

If Klei wants to throw a bone our way it would be cool if it could steal some boss items even if very low chance. Like DF scales or royal honey. 

While the team is doing damage a single person could try to steal a couple of extra items on the side, 1% and maybe a cap of how much you can steal so a whole team doesn't steal a whole lot.

really cool idea

similar to cherry forest's darts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can Wurt or Woodie become monkey cursed? It seems a little out of place for two characters who are already cursed (assuming Merms are still supposed to be cursed goats..) for the two characters who suffer curses to get yet another new one added to their list. Oh the irony..

We've already been told Wurt wasn't a goat and considering how this monkey curse works I doubt gnaw is the origin of the merms anyway. As for Woodie I mean I assume he didn't start with moose and goose forms lore wise so I kinda figured he got cursed again during the time of his refresh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

-Ocean trawlers default action is to attack if you have a tool/weapon equiped, which is weird and leads to accidentally damaging it for no reason

-cannons are very awkward to aim taking into account turning and distance. at least having an outline of where a cannonball will land wiould be nice. also they seem to lacking in damage a little

-from what I can tell the only way to remove dock tiles is via cannonfire, which seems excessive. maybe just allow them to be burnt down? I understand that pitchforking/hammering isn't an option here since you would just sink when its gone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Make it so if you steal the monkeys boat and have the flag up, they won't board you...because you are flying their flag. Maybe their could be a slot on your mast to fly the flag so it's not in the middle of the boat

I think the rudder should steer you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, franco116 said:

Use gunpowder

gunpowder doesnt seem to work in breaking docks. ive tried like a 5 stack and a 1 stack and they both do the same amount of damage, just leaving it shy of breaking fully. and because of the cracks you cant place gunpowder on anywhere but the edges, which doesnt cause damage to the dock if placed there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...