Can we change the placement for the Regenerate World option?

Too many times have I seen people accidentally delete their worlds because they were trying to rollback. Would be cool if selecting Regenerate World gave you an additional choice where it’d ask you if you’re absolutely sure and wish to continue. Here is a picture of how the options are arranged for us on console, I don’t know if it’s the same for pc.

D83E82AD-B560-4970-A6F9-0676AC8D83D0.png

Yes... 100% yes. This as well as when everyone dies. I lost the world where I first defeated fuelweaver because the person I was playing with was trying to close out of a mod menu and accidentally hit "Regenerate World" instead of the "x" and before she realized what happened the world was wiped. We had plenty of revive options available, well within reach. It's ridiculous that a button with so much destructive potential has no verification. It's just immediate action once clicked on once.

To put this in perspective, there is more of a safeguard protecting your rubber gloves than there is protecting your worlds:

image.thumb.png.6049fea3425f02e9edde32829b84e249.png

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

I agree that the placement should be changed. Constantly. Every time you open that menu regen world will randomly be either the 3rd or 4th slot with rollback being in the other slot. 

This is the most evil thing I've ever seen posted on these forums. 

Seriously hate the placement and ease with which you can undo literal hundreds of hours accidently. 

First up it needs to be moved somewhere else and not right next to rollback. Some players rollback a fair bit for varying reasons (its a feature after all and some utilise it a fair bit) and regenerating your entire world which is very very different should not be right next to rollback waiting for a single misclick/push to just ruin everything. 

Secondly is there seriously not a "are you sure?" confirmation because if not that is absolutely ******* wild and needs to be remedied ASAP. There is a confirmation screen for rolling back why on earth wouldn't there be one for Regenerate world?

Even if there is a confirmation screen I think there should be a second confirmation needed that is like "are you definitely sure? This will erase all progress on this server and revert you back to day 1" as well as it is easy to hit/hold down a button twice accidently. Failing a second confirmation prompt being added it should have your cursor start on "no" rather than yes in the confirmation screen so you can't accidently double press a button and erase your world completely. 

I play the majority of this game on my one long term server that is approaching 10K days and if I ever accidently deleted it/restored the world I would 100% stop playing DST for good or for a very very long time at the least. I've poured so much work into that world and there should not be a button that if misclicked instantly undoes all that work, time and effort. 

Yes some people constantly start new worlds and servers or want to regenerate an existing world to start over/have fun in the early game again but considering many people also play long term worlds and megabase and whatnot the feature and ability to regenerate a world should have safeguards and be next to impossible to do accidently. Right now it is incredibly easy to do so.

Klei need to fix this ASAP, like next patch ASAP to be completely honest. 

1 hour ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Uh

Guys?

image.thumb.png.79c8b964eec838db594acd6148fe15b2.pngimage.thumb.png.493b48e0981de5d938c7fe5808882aec.png

Though the default option for controller play probably shouldn't be the affirmative.

Huh.. I'm so careful of never going anywhere near the button that I wasn't sure but looks like there is a confirmation screen after all.

The default option DEFINITELY shouldn't be the affirmative for controller/console play though, the confirmation screen honestly may as well not exist as it is incredibly easy to hit the button twice quickly accidentally. 

I also don't think it should be next to rollback either to be completely honest. 

12 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

It's not like that for the "Everyone is Dead" screen 

That at least is strange, especially considering that when playing with a controller you have to press and hold a button for a few seconds before the process starts.

On 5/26/2022 at 12:14 PM, De_Gatherer said:

Would be cool if selecting Regenerate World gave you an additional choice where it’d ask you if you’re absolutely sure and wish to continue.

This would be a great feature, nothing more painful than regening a world with decent world generation when I'm looking for a world to mega base in! 

On 6/2/2022 at 3:36 PM, Cap0319 said:

This would be a great feature, nothing more painful than regening a world with decent world generation when I'm looking for a world to mega base in! 

Me: Has day 300 world with awesome megabase

Also Me: Doesn't think

Me again: Regenerates world

Sad me: Darn, why'd i do that

The world was with my xbox friend :( 

On 5/27/2022 at 1:40 AM, Cheggf said:

I agree that the placement should be changed. Constantly. Every time you open that menu regen world will randomly be either the 3rd or 4th slot with rollback being in the other slot. 

I like you. You have good ideas.

My only wish; when "rollback counter" starts, the "world regen counter" would stop; At least two times I've died due to laggy performance and loosing all progress because I couldn't start rollback on client felt really bad :(

Archived