Should Klei add a new Holiday?

Should Klei add a new Holiday?   

67 members have voted

1. 1. Should Klei add a new Holiday?

Valentine, it spring and love is in the air but there no love in the constant or is it? Some of the fandom doesn't seem to think so, there so much love in the constant, like love for family and maybe for your assistance but the most important love of all is the love for your friends, which why I think it should be in DST since it multiplayer game.

No- they’ve added enough, and the more “Holidays” they add the further stretched out the content schedule gets with needing to update and maintain those holiday events.

MidSummers Cawnival is the FURTHEST from Dont Starve that I’d personally like to see the franchise go.. And since Midsummers Cawnival is an annual yearly event now (with significant additions teased for this upcoming one in June) we have enough “Side-Content” what I would REALLY like more than anything in the world is a ton more base game content, new biomes, reworked biomes, new mobs, new mob behaviors, new seasons.. New World Gen & World Gen Setting options that significantly impact the way I play the game, Oh and obviously a more fleshed out Ocean and Caves system.

KLEI used to do valentine, why can't they do it now??

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No- they’ve added enough, and the more “Holidays” they add the further stretched out the content schedule gets with needing to update and maintain those holiday events.

MidSummers Cawnival is the FURTHEST from Dont Starve that I’d personally like to see the franchise go.. And since Midsummers Cawnival is an annual yearly event now (with significant additions teased for this upcoming one in June) we have enough “Side-Content” what I would REALLY like more than anything in the world is a ton more base game content, new biomes, reworked biomes, new mobs, new mob behaviors, new seasons.. New World Gen & World Gen Setting options that significantly impact the way I play the game, Oh and obviously a more fleshed out Ocean and Caves system.

This is DST where dream come true, and it's fine that you don't like it but this is the direction Klei want the game to go so you shouldn't hold them back.

10 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

They will run out of popular holidays to base them off of at this point.

Most of the world celebrate Valentine but no one celebrate Summer carnival.

10 minutes ago, bigGMIW said:

I'd rather they spend the resources on regular content updates.

But I want Webber to dress in cute chocolate and flowery costume.

14 minutes ago, Waoling said:

Most of the world celebrate Valentine but no one celebrate Summer carnival.

Proof of that claim regarding Summer carnival?

Cause summer carnivals are a common thing across the world especially in tourist towns.

42 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Cause summer carnivals are a common thing across the world especially in tourist towns.

I confirm this, in my town circuses and kermeses are very common in summer.

No more new holidays, just add on to the ones we got.

Mad lab could use more potions

Midsummer could used sanity restoring rides

Year of ___ all need for quirky items

Winters feast could give more bosses new attacks like they did deerclops 

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

I guess my states summer fair doesnt exist anymore. But seriously there iz no proof summer carnivals are everywhere.

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

I bet, it's only because winter is too cold for that, but I cannot say it's a thing I really connect with summer.

To me more connection with summer have bbq and garden parties (sometimes with cheap smoll pool) or going to sea to swim in water. 

Why Valentines, it already is a pretty nice minor event in the form of an annual tradition of Klei that they never miss a single valentines about releasing a skin. Ever since Valentines 2017 they have been releasing a skin, giving away the Swoon emote to those who don't have it, putting the beating heart chest on sale... So I don't think the status of Valentines needs to be changed. It's great as long as we got a skin annually. Valentines would especially be a bad pick given how many events are already piled to that part of the year, especially Winter's Feast and Chinese New Year.

Valentines.thumb.png.831b6668a4a40a92b7874edc5b64f5e9.png

In any case I don't think we need a new seasonal event right now but what we would appreciate is another minor event like valentines where we get an annual acknowledgement present every year. I was really hoping April Fools to be one as we got special treatments in 2020 and 2021 where we were given a fun fake Wes rework, Salt shaker themed salt box skins and an actual Wes rework last year. But sadly we got nada in 2022 so the tradition got broken, the event died before it could be established. I'd personally love the annual April Fools acknowledgement to return or something macabre to come after Halloween, something to do with the personalized unused character skulls for Dio des Muertos.

10 hours ago, ALCRD said:

What I was trying to say was summer carnivals are not as popular or mainstream as valentine.

8 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

. I'd personally love the annual April Fools acknowledgement to return or something macabre to come after Halloween, something to do with the personalized unused character skulls for Dio des Muertos.

196341693_smithoapustajaomega.png.1d1a184509bc845cce33468f900ab6f8.png5b5589e717c93_20180723-Pithposadaskins.thumb.png.bac6912311b251dfe4f430d5d8310f47.png

Yes! Especially if the holiday is named "posada" or something along the terms to give tribute to the artist.

6 hours ago, Waoling said:

What I was trying to say was summer carnivals are not as popular or mainstream as valentine.

I think summer carnivals are for me at least a take on midsummer that people celebrate in northern Europe/Scandinavia. Its a thing that we celebrate.

Maybe in where you live valentine or event "x" is more mainstream but it doesn't mean everywhere else is.

Archived