Accidentally nerfed Scaled Flooring

Scaled Flooring used to produce six Turf. It now produces four Turf. It was hard enough to justify using it as anything besides dupe material, now it's worse at even that. I feel like the change was an accident; can it produce six again? Or even get buffed to eight?

While I'm at it, can I request that it provides wildfire immunity? It almost completely stops fire's spread, unless something is directly Smoldered via the wildfire system. Then it doesn't do ****. Which feels bad, because if you're cautious enough to consider using this, Wildfires are probably the only thing that can burn whatever you're protecting.

12 minutes ago, Lord of Bunwich said:

While I'm at it, can I request that it provides wildfire immunity? It almost completely stops fire's spread, unless something is directly Smoldered via the wildfire system. Then it doesn't do ****. Which feels bad, because if you're cautious enough to consider using this, Wildfires are probably the only thing that can burn whatever you're protecting.

the fact the turf doesnt do this removes pretty much any practical use the turf has, since you wont be fighting hounds near your base during summer/autumn

1 hour ago, Lord of Bunwich said:

Scaled Flooring used to produce six Turf. It now produces four Turf. It was hard enough to justify using it as anything besides dupe material, now it's worse at even that. I feel like the change was an accident; can it produce six again? Or even get buffed to eight?

The 4pc nerf would ve been justified if it actually protected against wildfires. Otherwise its useless.

if you actually tried it the change did nothing

if you have 1 scale and 2 cut stone you craft 4 floor, and lets say you have a decon staff

you put 4 floors on the ground and you deconstruct the 4, and if you want more you just craft more, with the duped stone and scales

It would be a great change for it to completely protect from wildfires, it would make summer bearable and Dragonfly would have even more value to farming, i kill it on respawn anyway for gems but this would be nice to see if wildfires aren't going to get removed as this mechanic is almost as bad as disease.

35 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

if you actually tried it the change did nothing

if you have 1 scale and 2 cut stone you craft 4 floor, and lets say you have a decon staff

you put 4 floors on the ground and you deconstruct the 4, and if you want more you just craft more, with the duped stone and scales

It's a nerf because you can't multiply them at the same rate. to cover a 30 tile surface, you'd save 5, deconstruct 1, etc, so you would need 5 deconstructs. Now, to cover the same 30 tile surface you'd save 3, deconstruct 1 and repeat, so you would need 9 deconstructs. So it doubles the green gem cost (and living logs and another use of a constr staff for a second deco staff)

Can't we just adress the elephant in the room and instead talk about Dragonfly farming (when alone) that becomes just tedious after the tenth and more fight ?

I feel like if the fight itself becomes more engaging / less tedious on repeat, acquiring the scales and/or the green gems won't be such a pain.

4 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

6*

but i get what you mean, still if you dont care for the floor like the majority then the nerf is non existent

no, it's 5 if you start with a scale.

The nerf is there, regardless of who uses it or not. Considering it's a boss item, it's current state only got from bad to worse.

3 minutes ago, Caochu said:

Can't we just adress the elephant in the room and instead talk about Dragonfly farming (when alone) that becomes just tedious after the tenth and more fight ?

I feel like if the fight itself becomes more engaging / less tedious on repeat, acquiring the scales and/or the green gems won't be such a pain.

The fight is very entertaining if you don't use walls, but ice staves or only focus damage instead. The only situation in which walls are needed is solo with characters that have no damage modifiers. In 2 people or more, or playing wolfgang, wigfrid, wanda, walls are a bad and unfun option.

10 minutes ago, Caochu said:

I mean its a bit annoying but to me that fight is fun and i always kill Dragonfly every time it respawns for gems, once you get the kiting down, its not a problem and it can be done quite fast if you play Wolfgang or Wanda.

I use walls, there's no point in not using them if you are planning to farm Dragonfly so much.

Later in the game you can also build catapults and it is even faster, just need to be careful when Dragonfly gets enraged so that it doesn't destroy catapults, be ready to use pan flute.

Eh. A bigger issue is that scalemail is so bad. Worse damage protection than a log suit and you can't even wear it to protect your base from threats because it has a built-in griefing ability. I would totally use the hell out of scalemail if you fix those two things (especially the griefing part).

Scaled chests need to take up less space too.

And needing two scaled furnaces next to each other to heat up fast is also kinda dumb.

So I guess every scaled item needs a change. They all just have issues that make scales look kinda bad compared to the gear that you get from bosses like bee queen, deerclops, bearger, ancient guardian etc.

I don't think making it protect against wildfires changes anything. It's still easier to base in the Oasis. And then once you're settled there you might get some scaled flooring, but then they're redundant. It's kind of absurd that the only place where things don't combust from pure heat is the desert, but I digress.

14 minutes ago, EighteenXVIII said:

It's kind of absurd that the only place where things don't combust from pure heat is the desert, but I digress.

Stickler alert:

Desert is not the only place on surface where stuff doesn't combust in Summer ^^

8 hours ago, EighteenXVIII said:

And needing two scaled furnaces next to each other to heat up fast is also kinda dumb.

you can't increase the speed at which you heat up, it's the same as any number of heat sources, only max temperature changes

13 hours ago, reallychina said:

The 4pc nerf would ve been justified if it actually protected against wildfires. Otherwise its useless.

There is one problem. This turf is ugly af.

You know what would be REALLY cool?

If the scales syphoned fire from everything on it. Imagine someone trying to torch a structure above the tile, the fire get completely absorbed by the tile, and the structure is saved from becoming ash. This cause the tile to glow, but not enough to create light.

Or maybe it could create light based on how many flames have been absorbed since fire creates light, idk.

39 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

If the scales syphoned fire from everything on it. Imagine someone trying to torch a structure above the tile, the fire get completely absorbed by the tile, and the structure is saved from becoming ash. This cause the tile to glow, but not enough to create light.

Or maybe it could create light based on how many flames have been absorbed since fire creates light, idk.

Oh maybe it could also warm the survivors a little.

15 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Stickler alert:

Desert is not the only place on surface where stuff doesn't combust in Summer ^^

Where are the others? Oasis only protects you while you are inside it, making all of its edges at risk (including Boats, because of course that'd happen) and Above Average Trees are the only other source of blanket protection I've found.

4 hours ago, Lord of Bunwich said:

Where are the others? Oasis only protects you while you are inside it, making all of its edges at risk (including Boats, because of course that'd happen) and Above Average Trees are the only other source of blanket protection I've found.

Yea i was refering to Waterlogged Biome itself.

Pretty fun yet unusual spot for a base too.

10 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

This would be so good.

It could be PAIRED with scaled flooring and given a range like a flingo or greater. Stuff would burn but it would suck up the fire and provide light like a firepit for some time.

Imagine seeing your base on fire and being glad about it because you get light. It would play on the summer fires theme.

This would also solve scaled flooring being useless and justify the 4p nerf

Archived