I thought Klei could use a reminder of how much we appreciate their hard work by listing some of the things we love about their games, because whenever there is a new update or rework or whatever, there's bound to be some people with very *Strong* opinions, and that's fine, but overall I feel it ,might be a bit discouraging to the developers working hard to make all this content. 

With that said, I'll start by saying I love Don't Starve Together, and it is made so much better by the constant changes, updates, reworks, and new skins that keep  the game feeling fresh and new. Every time I take a break for a bit, there's a new main menu hyping me up for some new content, and sometimes offering a free skin when I log in! It's very hard to find a game that gets updates monthly, and with this amount of quality in each one. Great job klei! Another thing I love as a console player is that the updates come out within the same DAY as on pc! Take terraria, for example, where Journey's End took about a Year, and the DST crossover took 4 months. When it takes that long for the update to arrive, you're bound to accidentally see some spoilers, which is no fun.

And lastly, because I need to leave some stuff for other people to be grateful about, I absolutely loved the Wx rework. He's my favourite character and my main world is day 1000+ as him. I was really hoping the rework would be good, and not make me like the character less, and you guys certainly delivered! Before, he was just high stats and slightly peeved by rain. Now, rain is devastating and you can build a class of your choosing uing the circuits, which at times can be tough to get because Jimmy refuses to go scan it without you keeping close, but it makes it challenging enough to get the better upgrades.

Outstanding work Klei, and I dread the day Don't Starve Together stops receiving amazing updates!

I love the developers at Klei, some of them have gone to great lengths not just with the game, but also interacting with and talking to their players here on the forums & it just makes it feel that much more unique to not only have a game that I love, but to also have an awesome community with the players and devs involved.

These guys deserve far more praise then they get from the players & to see them go back to games that released many years ago adding new content to that (such as the ability to tame Beefalo in solo DS) it just shows their love for the games they create.

Klei should have won that labor of love award ages ago.

This Rose Appraiser and associated acquaintances appreciate everything Klei does for their games. This Rose Appraiser learned about Klei when Shipwrecked was still in early access, but didn't play until right before Home Sea Home. DST was not added to this Rose Appraiser's collection until A New Reign was finishing up, if this Rose Appraiser recalls... or maybe it was the Forge... either way, Klei was fantastic then and still are!

Of course, this Rose Appraiser will not pretend there aren't rough patches. But, that is the way it is. Game development will always have highs and lows. Whatever the case may be, Klei has always delivered a product people enjoy. Thank you, to everyone working at Klei, for all these wonderful works.

Thinking back, I first got DST during the gorge, but I had no idea it was a special event, and assumed it was just a second game-mode of some sort. Me and my brother played it a bit but kept dying to hound waves and cold/heat because we had no idea how to play or what anything was. Then, about 2 years ago, I found the game on Xbox again and decided to try it again, but now I used the wikipedia to find out what stuff was, and became good at the game! There were a few worlds, ruined by deerclops, frog rain, bearger, burning down, etc. but eventually I've settled in to a world where everything has gone well for now.

42 minutes ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

I really like all the examination quotes every survivor has, really makes a characer come alive ingame. Love Winona's quote for potatoes: 4ec1f0d5858683842f8b73770489e027.pngI Just Think They're Neat by InkSans1234567 on DeviantArt

Examination quotes are the best and most unique part of Don't Starve and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

I tend to be picky with games sometimes when it comes to playing them for a long period of time, but since DST's release I just can't put the game down :wilson_nerdy:
I haven't played too many other Klei titles besides Don't Starve (alone with all DLC) and Griftlands, but if I ever get bored of DST I'll check them out for sure! They're definitely doing something right to keep a devoted playerbase :D

My top 2 and I still don't know if they are no 1 or 2.

I'm mostly a guy who has a sceptical approach to most of the game industry. Indie seems to be the only part of it which has a decency to not jump straight towards my wallet. Klei is beyond that. They have proven to me that they care, that they know we are actual humans and that we want to see them grow.

Keep going Klei! Make what you guys love! :)

They gave us many amazing games. DST holds my heart firmly for years nonstop, filling the space Minecraft used to take up. 

And they made the game from which I know the best fan community. There's nothing quite like the Griftlands community discord. I pray we get more content for that game.

The merch they sell is also high quality. It's none of that random crap big companies sell, the plushies have voice boxes with changeable batteries, and even that they take their time to create those things and make it available as widely as they are, just, wow. 

Also a whole separate section for musicians and sound designers at Klei. I want you people to know I love your work. Griftlands battle and negotiation themes, character themes, background music in general. Oxygen Not Included, fantastic work to which you can hum along and is not distracting while working. I told you this in the last ONI Klei stream, but I love to listen to these tracks whenever I'm cleaning or washing the dishes. They help me focus a lot. Music in DS and DST is fantastic, and I love how well character voices work. I went to school for sound stuff, and I caught a stream a while back about the Meep short where you showed the behind the scenes in making effects and music for it, and there was so much stuff I wished to see more of. 

Overall yeah, Klei are really damn cool. I could go on and on, but I don't want to spam more than I already did

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

Griftlands battle and negotiation themes

Yeah I've played griftlands and the music is SO GOOD! My absolute favourite is the rook final boss theme. IDK why but something about how dramatic it sounds, with the sonar-like noises in the background makes it perfect.

4 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

Yeah I've played griftlands and the music is SO GOOD! My absolute favourite is the rook final boss theme. IDK why but something about how dramatic it sounds, with the sonar-like noises in the background makes it perfect.

My favorites are the Smith negotiation music, Rook's battle music, and Fellemo's tango music(which sounds like it could be in Pirate of the Caribbean).

The community for this game is amazing. Take this thread as an example. Within, like, 6 hours of this being posted, so many people have already chimed in complementing klei's work. Thanks so much you guys!

Special shoutouts to

Mike23ua: Logged on to one of my worlds to help me reskin some things with twitch skins I didn't have

Pixil: Got me an xbox gift card which let me buy the newer victorian bundle, robot skin pack, and still have some bolts left over!

Even if some of the members of this community can be less-than-constructive with their criticism, I'd say 99.5 % of it are just people who are thankful for all the updates, skins, characters, games, and merch you've put out!

I also love the skins in the game. Absolutely unnecessary to play the game, but if you're willing to spend some extra money on a game you care about, you can buy bundles of skins! You can also get free ones from daily and weekly gifts, although rare, and slowly save up spool to craft most skins!

Archived