Poll: What changes would you like to see for Wortox, if any?

Poll: What changes would you like to see for Wortox, if any?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see changes to Wortox?

• No, the character is perfect already
    • No, the character is fine as is
    • Yes, but only some QoL changes
    • Yes, some new mechanics would be nice
    • Yes, and I would love to see a full rework
  2. 2. Wortox changes:

• [Balance] Soul hop costs 10 health instead of a soul
    • [QoL] As wortox, you are able to "sense" how damaged others are
    • I don't like any of the above options
    • Something else (comment below)

On 5/5/2022 at 9:28 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I think Wortox is simple enough that he is fine as is, the only “nerfs” I would give him is making it so in addition to a large stack of souls he can carry, he can no longer carry living animals to kill for their souls.

Wait, wouldn't this make it impossible to build a prestihatitator/shadow manipulator when playing solo? I guess you could swap to a different character using the celestial portal, but that still sounds like a major pain in the arse.

6 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I feel like it would be a buff but not enough to fix his situation it would just end up in the same situation

Hmm maybe, but at the same time i have like, half of my hours here playin as Wortox and it is a lot at this point [6k in total] and i feel like some stuff can be doable if 30 is the cap

like explore a whole biome  just jumping can be SO IMPORTANT in early game but 20 kinda dont do the job  for a few more hops.
30 can do it
some bosses like bqueen i usually carry with me 30 bees to solo her [like healin and jumpin around while kitting] and its exactly the same amount im puttin here
also the struggle to not overflow while dealin with crowds can be suffocatin sometimes
spiders and fweaver, specially. Like u have a tight time to do stuff witthout havin to run away cuz 20 is easily full when u r fighting with these much enemies and pay attention in kite pattern and numbers can be tricky

Seems even way to good in my Point of view exactly havin 30 cap cuz it can solve a lotta problems i deal with but  yaah i m totally just wondering around without givin any clear and solid reason, so 

On 5/4/2022 at 12:17 PM, ShadowDuelist said:

Wortox needs to:

• Be able to see who needs healing and who doesn't (perhaps even to the extent to  be able to see all mobs and player's health, since he can sense souls. Or at least when creatures/players are about to die)
  • Be able to heal ridden beefalos, and allied mobs (he can't become an ally of many things anyway unless Wurt helps him. This is more  of a team perk)
  • Be able to soul-hop the actively ridden beefalo.

Then he will be really good past early game, IMO.

This ones are also a major dream of mine, so on point

1 hour ago, Stonetribe said:

Wait, wouldn't this make it impossible to build a prestihatitator/shadow manipulator when playing solo? I guess you could swap to a different character using the celestial portal, but that still sounds like a major pain in the arse.

No.. he can still carry them for all the other available reasons you will need them, he just can’t carry with a “Murder” option.. it goes entirely against the characters nature.

Its roughly equivalent to Wormwood loosing sanity when trees or flowers are chopped, plucked or burned near to him.

Wortox is pretty much still in a God Tier Status yes he loses sanity, and human foods don’t work too well for him (combination of human food+souls do the job..) But for a character to be portrayed as not wanting to cause any harm now causing Widespread chaotic harm? It doesn’t fit his role and he should in fact probably be having the same tanking Sanity killing things as Wormwood has when a Bearger or Deerclops crashes through a forest.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

No.. he can still carry them for all the other available reasons you will need them, he just can’t carry with a “Murder” option.. it goes entirely against the characters nature.

Okay, and how is murdering them while in the inventory any different from murdering them outside of it?

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wortox is pretty much still in a God Tier Status

C'mon man you're even on console too like me, Wortox is definitely not god tier status. He sits somewhere in the middle. 

Soul hop is like half as good on console and every goddamn mob out there is racist against him. 

6 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

C'mon man you're even on console too like me, Wortox is definitely not god tier status. He sits somewhere in the middle. 

Soul hop is like half as good on console and every goddamn mob out there is racist against him. 

I know & I’m aware he isn’t as good on console as he is on PC but that’s not why I call him god tier, to me a god tier character would be one with nothing but strong upsides and no downsides- example: Pre-Rework WX78.

Now Water damage is an actual hazard to WX & I'm absolutely loving it.

In addition to not being able to heal through traditional means, Wormwoods sanity takes a nose dive whenever trees & flowers are destroyed near to him (off-set by planting more)

But with Wortox, it’s not like his huge horns and enormous healing is balanced by preventing him from being able to wear Helmet Armor, or his Sanity taking a nosedive while killing the “Innocent” creatures he doesn’t want to harm (Bee, Butterfly, Rabbit Etc..) 

Theres a Mod for Wortox I think where tiny mobs won’t drop souls that’s close but I don’t want a mod fix, I want something Klei official and creative done with him- 

And in turn Klei could give him some buffs alongside the downside.

(Wolfgang, WX78)

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:
6 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

I know & I’m aware he isn’t as good on console as he is on PC but that’s not why I call him god tier, to me a god tier character would be one with nothing but strong upsides and no downsides- example: Pre-Rework WX78.

His food downside is a pretty hefty downside to me. 

Food barely does anything for him and you have to chug souls instead which tanks your sanity.

56 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now Water damage is an actual hazard to WX & I'm absolutely loving it.

In addition to not being able to heal through traditional means, Wormwoods sanity takes a nose dive whenever trees & flowers are destroyed near to him (off-set by planting more)

But with Wortox, it’s not like his huge horns and enormous healing is balanced by preventing him from being able to wear Helmet Armor, or his Sanity taking a nosedive while killing the “Innocent” creatures he doesn’t want to harm (Bee, Butterfly, Rabbit Etc..) 

Theres a Mod for Wortox I think where tiny mobs won’t drop souls that’s close but I don’t want a mod fix, I want something Klei official and creative done with him- 

And in turn Klei could give him some buffs alongside the downside.

(Wolfgang, WX78)

wormwood santity linked to plants is actually an upside...

=<20 souls arent enormous healing so is quite balanced, actually kinda underwhelming when the players knows some basic about the food recipes or how to kill spiders for glands lmao

his food downside is more noticeable than other downsides

i think you only believe wortox is god tier because helps on killing spiders and suriving 4 seasons  which is true and is useful to save some heals in multiplayer but even wilson can beat him after 1st winter with a lazy explorer and some tomatoes....

pd. why small creatures wont give souls? they are alive

On 5/6/2022 at 6:21 AM, Dextops said:

Seeing as wortox is already very underpowered to mid i don't see a reason to nerf him more.

Woah, wtf? I remember when Wortox was considered BUSTED OP, but now he is underpowered? What happened?

Just now, Keller Max said:

Woah, wtf? I remember when Wortox was considered BUSTED OP, but now he is underpowered? What happened?

people decided to not listen to some random wolfgang main no one liked and gave mostly misinformation 

On 5/4/2022 at 10:22 AM, kirihime said:

seeing health is the main one, or at least having a general indicator of when he can heal something

there's a few things the explorer can do but soul hop can't, dodging the fuelweaver insanity trap is the main one, I'd make them functionally identical

Id love an idle hurt animation and maybe even a non-idle one too

3 hours ago, Keller Max said:

Newer players think Wortox is overpowered since they have trouble healing. He makes the first autumn really easy.

More experienced players think Wortox is underpowered since they know how to easily heal (and they need to heal a lot less) so he doesn't really bring anything to the table. He's fun to play but the longer a world goes and the better you are the worse he is.

People always call for Wortox nerf until they actually try him.

That's when they realize they are doomed to stay at around 0 hunger most of the time, unless it's a late game world and proper food farms have already been established.

Archived