[Game Update] - 503207

• Developer

Hot Fix 503172 

• Fixed an attack delay issue when switching targets via mouse-clicking. 
  • Fixed an issue where the wrong monster would be attacked by mouse-clicking. 
  • Fixed the Ancient Guardian and Deerclops frequently dropping targets.
  • Fixed repeat crafting building an extra ingredient.
  • Fixed a bug where opening the crafting menu would not set the correct filter.
  • Fixed a bug preventing Ctrl+# (Key Binds: Crafting Menu Mod + Inv #) from crafting the required ingredients.
  • Fixed using Esc key to close the crafting menu without also showing the pause menu.
  • Fixed a rare save/load crash with burnt Masts.
  • Fixed a rare Birdcage crash.
  • Fixed a rare Rockjaw crash.
  • For the 32-bit exe, disabling Texture Streaming will now force Small Textures to be enabled to prevent running out of memory.

Hot Fix 503207

• Fixed not being able to prototype inventory items

View full update

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Fixed an attack delay issue when switching targets via mouse-clicking. 
  • Fixed an issue where the wrong monster would be attacked by mouse-clicking.

The boss run lives again! Thank you thank you.

Edited by JazzyGames
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Terra B Welch said:

First it was them rotating the world, now it was them crashing the world outright.

(Pardon the need to meme)

I gotta give thanks for the attack delay fix tho.

they got done with rotating and crashed into the island

• Haha 2
  • Sanity 1

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Fixed the Ancient Guardian and Deerclops frequently dropping targets

Thanks! Deerclops really turned to get his groceries after every third attack.

Btw, is someone currently looking at the insanity ambience issue? It's so subtle almost nobody noticed, but I'm pretty sure the scaling insanity ambience doesn't play at all anymore, unless you're fully insane and get attacked. There used the be these whispers and barks and other sounds, slowly getting more intense with declining sanity, but this scaling doesn't happen anymore.

Edited by Falkenpelz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

There is a bug preventing the prototyping of inventory items. A fix for this should be ready in about an hour. Sorry!

Wish I read this before I deleted my heavily modded world in the belief that I screwed it up by letting too many Celestial Champions fight lol

3 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
  • For the 32-bit exe, disabling Texture Streaming will now force Small Textures to be enabled to prevent running out of memory.

Hey, does this mean the bug that turning on small textures makes UFT-8/Unicode characters unusable has been fixed? Otherwise, this change may be an inconvenience rather than a convenience to players who use some languages.

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

What caused this issue?

They made a slight mistake with their conditional statements by terminating one of them too early.

The code was supposed to prototype the recipe if you didn't know it already, but the mistake made it so that you would only prototype the recipe if it had a placer.

Edited by penguin0616
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1

8 minutes ago, penguin0616 said:

They made a slight mistake with their conditional statements by terminating one of them too early.

The code was supposed to prototype the recipe if you didn't know it already, but the mistake made it so that you would only prototype the recipe if it had a placer.

English?

7 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

English?

They made what clicking is supposed to do end before it got to the part about prototyping, unless it had a "placer" (I'm guessing that means structures).

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Scott hansen? More like Scott handsome.

There's a small bug with the bramble husk the durability is kinda low... Maybe you can check it out...

We can do this the hard way, o da easy way, da choice is yawz. 

10\10

• Haha 1