Jump to content

Suspicicous track ( and similir function ) is underutilized


Suspicicous track ( and similir function ) is underutilized  

49 members have voted

  1. 1. Do yout think that Suspicicous track ( and similir function ) is underutilized



Recommended Posts

i think its a neat idea to have each animal have their different and recognizable feet so you know what animal is at the end of the track

it would remove the surprise effect but i dont really find it too interesting since what happens is that you just leave the animal you didnt want there (like a varg) and deal with him later

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cave hunts and lunar island/grotto hunt pls. And ocean hunts even.. i love the SW whales. 

The unimplemented owl moth could be used as a track result for the lunar areas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Honestly Yeah. It's not something people talk about a lot, but both the hunt and naughtiness mechanic feel very underutilized.

It's about damn time they give us a Naughtiness-meter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

It's about damn time they give us a Naughtiness-meter

You joke, but I think it'd be funny to have a "Moral Compass" item that helps track naughtiness if it were to get expanded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

You joke, but I think it'd be funny to have a "Moral Compass" item that helps track naughtiness if it were to get expanded.

actually that's a really cool idea

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DaZoul said:

It's about damn time they give us a Naughtiness-meter

Personnaly, I like it to be hidden,

You already have the Krampus hisses to give you an idea of how naughty you are. I can't really see a situation in which that meter would really help : in usual gameplay, you don't encounter meaningful levels of naughtyness unless you go on a pig, bunny, pengulls killspree. And there, the hisses are enough, at least for me.

EDIT :

Hooowever, I am routing for this if it actually comes with a deeper morality system :

6 minutes ago, Hornete said:

You joke, but I think it'd be funny to have a "Moral Compass" item that helps track naughtiness if it were to get expanded.

Y'all have been watching Orange's April's Fools video on Youtube or what ? :cupcake:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Caochu said:

Y'all have been watching Orange's April's Fools video on Youtube or what ? :cupcake:

Is that something he suggested? The DST YouTube scene has been really lukewarm for me lately so I dont spend my time watching dst youtube. Cool if we happened to have the same idea though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Is that something he suggested? The DST YouTube scene has been really lukewarm for me lately so I dont spend my time watching dst youtube. Cool if we happened to have the same idea though.

Straight from the video (notice the new meter under the sanity gauge) 

8ved.png

Edit : I don't know if I should put a link to the video to credit orange or if it's not compliant to the rules of the forum (I don't participate a lot anymore, I am completely out of touch :dispirited:) But I think you all have enough information if you want to look it up anyway ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Capybara007 said:

i think its a neat idea to have each animal have their different and recognizable feet so you know what animal is at the end of the track

ive thought for a while about potential hunting reworks... i think itd be neat if you could somehow figure out what animal youre tracking by the "behavior". like a koalefants tracks would be spread out and avoiding other creatures since they dont want to be caught, while a vargs tracks would lead more around the same general area, with nearby plants "wet" from the varg marking their territory.

id rather the footprints stay the same though, i think a big part of the charm of koalefant hunting is that all of the animals have near-identical shapes, theyre all shaped like beefalo with three little toes. its silly and cute!! must admit it already weirds me out a bit that you can get volt goats from it under some circumstances...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Caochu said:

Straight from the video (notice the new meter under the sanity gauge) 

8ved.png

Edit : I don't know if I should put a link to the video to credit orange or if it's not compliant to the rules of the forum (I don't participate a lot anymore, I am completely out of touch :dispirited:) But I think you all have enough information if you want to look it up anyway ;)

That video was made as a joke, it correlates to the Wolfgang mechanic of working out that you just watch the animation and how much it was disliked.

No one would like such a "moral" meter where they have to meditate and watch their character do animation in one spot while they don't interact with game for it to refill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hunts are a good burst of food but it's not too much work to set up a pig farm which mostly makes that irrelevant. I don't like their RNG, if I want to make a war saddle I need to put in all the time and effort for finishing a track and repeat that who knows how many times until I actually get something useful. Can spend a very long time spamming koalas and vargs everywhere until I get a ewecus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

That video was made as a joke, it correlates to the Wolfgang mechanic of working out that you just watch the animation and how much it was disliked.

No one would like such a "moral" meter where they have to meditate and watch their character do animation in one spot while they don't interact with game for it to refill.

Yes, I alreay called it out as an April's Fool joke but thank you for claryfing it.

I brought it up as a joke myself, only because the subject poped up while this video is only 10 days old. I thought there might have been some correlation ;)

No more off topic I promise :angel:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they were to add a ocean hunt, i think a good idea to make the player go through the hunt is that they use the pinchin winch on the weird bubbley areas on the sea and then they find a paper with the next direction or something like that

the hunts would have to last longer cause going on a boat and trying to get em with pinchin winch might be difficult

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thesooz9000 said:

If they were to add a ocean hunt, i think a good idea to make the player go through the hunt is that they use the pinchin winch on the weird bubbley areas on the sea and then they find a paper with the next direction or something like that

the hunts would have to last longer cause going on a boat and trying to get em with pinchin winch might be difficult

 

Why would an animal be dropping a trail of paper with directions on it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, FINE, I'll get around to following that animal track.  Just as soon as I'm done with oh crap something's on fire again.  Hang on.

118nothingisonfire.png.39685bb913faa95be943a4360bc62912.png

Now, what were we talking about again?  Oh yeah, the suspicious dirt piles.  Hmmm, think I'd like to mine down my existing marble trees so I can get more marble to make more baby ones for my road tree project,

tryburningTHESE.thumb.png.73b3dbe7a6acf21e6607843deb110e1d.png

now, while many of them are still three-tier, before they shrink down again.  (Why don't I use ordinary trees?  Have you SEEN this world?  It's mostly summer.  I want road trees that won't burn.  :))

Okay that's done, it's the next game day now, but...oops, my crop's gonna rot.  Hang on.

Okay, bird, I'll feed you, GEEZ...

OH CRAP ANTLION AGAIN I gotta go run into a random patch of savannah so my camp doesn't get holed.

Oh wow, that flingo is almost empty.  Hang on, I gotta chop a lot of trees GOD DAMMIT TREEGUARD...!

Okay phew it's fall now, finally, and...oh crap I just heard the Bearger.

Okay, ditched the Bearger in the wilderness where he won't destroy anything but trees.  Now what were you saying?  Waitaminute--hounds.

 

...in other words, the reason I personally underutilize that mechanic...is because I almost _always_ have something else to do.  : P

Also I play alone, so if I don't do a thing, it doesn't get done. If there WERE others here to split the tasks up between, sure, I'd do hunts every now and then.  As it is, it's like I'm the single mom of four cats, a ghost, a chest, a giant fluffy bug, and a bird, trying to singlehandedly maintain a Stardew Valley style house/farm while the weather AND the local wildlife keep trying to kill me.  : P

...Notorious

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...