Bunny stew is a nerf for meatballs and this is great

11 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

From a design perspective I don't like how limited Bunny Stew and Banana Daiquiri were made; Daiquery has literally 1 recipe, banana + 3 ice, 2 if you count cooked banana differently and while there is some variation to 0.5 meat you can use in banana stew, it's still just "<1 Meat + 3 ice", I think it should be much with any meat + 3 ice or even meat + 2 ice combos.

Actually, Daiquiri only requires 1 ice and 1 banana and it accepts fillers (like berries, veggies, honey, etc.).

I love how almost all the people who cry about meatballs are players with enough experience to have long since moved past them for other dishes. This is entirely an arbitrary hate-boner against new players for some reason, because screw them I guess. It's hard enough for newbies to get into the game already without feeling like the game constantly bull****s them, I don't think we want to discourage them even more.

6 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

Actually, Daiquiri only requires 1 ice and 1 banana and it accepts fillers (like berries, veggies, honey, etc.).

ohh that's great to hear, thanks! so add 1 stick for bananapop, no stick for daiquiri, cant decide which is better, guess depends on if you want health or sanity. Pretty similar recipes and stats

13 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

ohh that's great to hear, thanks! so add 1 stick for bananapop, no stick for daiquiri, cant decide which is better, guess depends on if you want health or sanity. Pretty similar recipes and stats

Daiquiri's biggest advantage over banana pops is the spoilage time (15 days vs 3).

14 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

if im not wrong, daikiri spoils slow or atleast way slower than banans pop so is a huge advantage since banana pops are mostly to eat right after cooking them

i still remember the chaotic fw fight as wendy i had because of my great idea: "lets use banana pop for the fight", not even 2nd phase and their spoiling bar was already in orange -.-'

On 12/23/2021 at 9:48 AM, TheMelonNinja said:

I love how almost all the people who cry about meatballs are players with enough experience to have long since moved past them for other dishes. This is entirely an arbitrary hate-boner against new players for some reason, because screw them I guess. It's hard enough for newbies to get into the game already without feeling like the game constantly bull****s them, I don't think we want to discourage them even more.

Lmao.. I mean no disrespect in saying this, but a newbie is going to have trouble managing HEALTH & SANITY, more then they will FOOD, This So called “Nerf” to Meatballs is actually a BUFF to Newbies in the form of Rabbit Stew- which gives about as much health restoration as the games actual HEALING TAB Items (yes that exists, no most people don’t use it..)

Klei really needs to tweak the Healing Tab now that easy heals with Rabbit Stew exists. (At least buff healing salve..)

Pierogi is no longer the noob friendly health food, Rabbit Stew is.

And IF your still wanting to make Meatballs just use Monster Meat + 3 Ice.

Alternatively a Better food dish for hunger restoration exists: Meaty Stew, Kill 3 Catcoons- shove the meats into a cooking pot + one random filler- enjoy some yummy Meaty Stew!

Rabbit Stew nerfs Meatballs. But provides easier healing.

31 minutes ago, TheMelonNinja said:

I'm not arguing that bunny stew is a nerf to meatballs, I'm saying that it's stupid and inane for experienced players to want nerfs for meatballs for no other reason than to make life more difficult for newbies.

But it’s not a nerf, nor is it more difficult, Meatballs is really only good to recover Hunger as seen here: 

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Meatballs

giving a sad 3 HP.

Meanwhile Rabbit Stew (which uses the old Meatballs cooking recipes) recovers:

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Bunny_Stew

20hp for slightly reduced hunger recovery.

2 Meatballs is 6 sad Hp.. which for a true Noob, their best method of Health Recovery used to be:

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Butterfly_Wings

8hp for smacking a butterfly. That’s MORE then 2 Meatballs would heal.

2 Bunny Stew is 40 hp, or exactly 5 killed and eaten Butterflies.

In short: Meatballs is only good for restoring Hunger, Bunny Stew Restores both Hunger & Health.

20 HP recovery is nothing to quickly dismiss either:

Compared to the Meta Food item for healing: 

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Pierogi

2 Bunny Stews and you got yourself a juicy Pierogi (which newbies won’t know how to make without looking up on Wiki or discovering by accident like I was able to)

Or let’s compare Bunny Stew to the games actual Healing Tab Items:

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Healing_Salve

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Honey_Poultice

Bunny Stew is a lot faster to gather the ingredients for then having to fight spiders, or go into a dangerous Swamp to gather Reeds for a Newer player.

Also as a disclaimer here: I only look these things up once I discover them for myself the game has a cookbook that fills in crockpot dishes now that well tell you the ingredients you’ve used in making certain foods, as well as that foods effects & stat values.

Only click the above links if you are Okay with learning recipes through Wiki (because some people aren’t okay with it & don’t want their fun in figuring out for themselves spoiled)

This wasn’t a nerf.. more like a buff to ensure those newbies survive more often.

AND since getting the crafting ingredients for the actual survival tab is a bit more difficult: I strongly feel Klei should update this tab maybe slightly increase healing done by the actual healing items, maybe let them stack in higher numbers, or give passive healing effects unless your hit.

Either way: Bunny Stew obsoletes Healing Salve. :( 

43 minutes ago, TheMelonNinja said:

I'm not arguing that bunny stew is a nerf to meatballs,

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But it’s not a nerf,

Okay, glad that's settled then ^_^

43 minutes ago, TheMelonNinja said:

I'm saying that it's stupid and inane for experienced players to want nerfs for meatballs for no other reason than to make life more difficult for newbies.

Definitely - Meatballs serve a great purpose of being a mid-range goal.  It gets players using the crock pot with a simple recipe that can tide them over until they learn enough to use more advanced recipies.  imo bunny stew does the same thing.  a small meat and 3 ice is easy to get in winter, just when a trail-mix noob might be deprived of deciduous trees to fuel their healing, and before they learn about perogies which requires several extra steps to set up.

Its a good addition and not a nerf - but then these ppl come out like "YeAh nErF MeEtB4lLz" like ok dude chill...

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Or let’s compare Bunny Stew to the games actual Healing Tab Items:

Watch out - everyone's gonna talk about how great these are for Wormwood and Warly XD

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

snip

I think you're either misunderstanding me or I'm phrasing myself poorly. I never meant to say that bunny stew is a nerf to meatballs or that meatballs need nerfs or anything. When I said "I'm not arguing that bunny stew is a nerf to meatballs", I meant it in the sense that "I'm not discussing whether it is or isn't, because that wasn't the main subject of my original comment". So I apologize if I worded it weirdly.

I'm just saying that it's annoying that people want nerfs to meatballs when they don't merit a nerf to begin with, as @Shosuko explained.

Archived