[Game Update] - 486499 & 486708

35 minutes ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

So at least 1 neural vascillator is guaranteed now I guess? Along with the artifacts on the regolith asteroid. @tuxii @RonEmpire

Is that a guaranteed POI, though?

I am not playing Spaced Out until it leaves Early Access and when I play I want to play a massive long game farther into late game than most people do.  I want to know a neural vacillator is guaranteed, preferably from Klei's own mouth.  I don't want to discover no vacillator 1000 cycles into a playthrough or have to debug scan the maps for a vacillator before starting.  I guess I could just debug in a vacillator, but I shouldn't have to.

I'd rather the seed not germinate if no vacillator is present.  Or have a super-tiny asteroid on the edge of the map somewhere guaranteeing a vacillator that is incredibly difficult to get the dupes you want to.

Remember the base game spawned FOUR vacillators per map.  Is it too much to ask for a guaranteed ONE in Spaced Out?

7 minutes ago, tuxii said:

I am not playing Spaced Out until it leaves Early Access and when I play I want to play a massive long game farther into late game than most people do.  I want to know a neural vacillator is guaranteed, preferably from Klei's own mouth.  I don't want to discover no vacillator 1000 cycles into a playthrough or have to debug scan the maps for a vacillator before starting.  I guess I could just debug in a vacillator, but I shouldn't have to.

I'd rather the seed not germinate if no vacillator is present.  Or have a super-tiny asteroid on the edge of the map somewhere guaranteeing a vacillator that is incredibly difficult to get the dupes you want to.

Remember the base game spawned FOUR vacillators per map.  Is it too much to ask for a guaranteed ONE in Spaced Out?

It was on every regolith asteroid I generated since the last testing branch update and they added the artifacts to it in today's update. Maybe it is just about clarifying the patch notes if it is meant to be guaranteed? @JarrettM From my experience, artifact POIs on individual asteroids are guaranteed.

Edited by NeoDeusMachina
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tuxii said:

Yes, i just checked to confirm that the new regolith asteroid POI is guaranteed, and thus there will always be a neural vacillator on this asteroid.

There was previously no guaranteed vacillator, until the introduction of this POI in this patch. Now there is.

3 hours ago, tuxii said:

I think the worst thing is not no guaranteed neural vacillator. What comes worse is a guaranteed vacillator should be but after 1000 cycles you found a bug that cause your colony have none generated. 8-)

I don't know what you guys did, but the game seems to be running much smoother since the update.  Also, the updated consumables menu is a big improvement, though it no longer displays the amount of kcals available in a given food when moused over.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

According to this it is now guaranteed:  @tuxii @NeoDeusMachina

Dev response said it is fixed and added as the POI on the regolith asteroid.

Aaah there you go. I knew I had read somewhere that it was related to the regolith asteroid POI, I just couldn't remember where exactly. Thanks!

Edited by NeoDeusMachina

7 hours ago, sirnumbskull said:

So the ambient radiation in space is REALLY rough.  I dunno if I'm supposed to switch all my dupes over to lead suits or what, but they go incapacitated pretty quick just from being outside the ship on a world.  

That is probably as intended. Get them rad-pills, get them under cover most of the time and the problem is entirely manageable.

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

That is probably as intended. Get them rad-pills, get them under cover most of the time and the problem is entirely manageable.

But, I mean, I just landed them on the tree planet and I can't even get them outside to put up panels because they're getting irradiated and getting the soiled suit debuff.  This is miserable. 

I can't set up lead suit docks and lead suits because they're too damn big to fit in a rocket, I didn't bring pills because this wasn't as much of an issue on the home planet, I can kind of block the radiation with tiles next to the rocket exit but they still get hit any time they're under the solar panels or on the rocket itself...

It's just really miserable now.  I feel like having increased radiation in the reactor room makes total sense, and near radioactive things like shine bugs and wheezeworts, but ambient radiation on standard worlds could due to be turned down.

10 minutes ago, sirnumbskull said:

It's just really miserable now.  I feel like having increased radiation in the reactor room makes total sense, and near radioactive things like shine bugs and wheezeworts, but ambient radiation on standard worlds could due to be turned down.

You will figure it out. It is just another challenge. 

12 minutes ago, sirnumbskull said:

But, I mean, I just landed them on the tree planet and I can't even get them outside to put up panels because they're getting irradiated and getting the soiled suit debuff.  This is miserable. 

I can't set up lead suit docks and lead suits because they're too damn big to fit in a rocket, I didn't bring pills because this wasn't as much of an issue on the home planet, I can kind of block the radiation with tiles next to the rocket exit but they still get hit any time they're under the solar panels or on the rocket itself...

It is a bit of a shock at first especially if the patch hits in the middle of a playthrough - dupes in space or on some planets might get issues, radbolt generators will not work as intended, etc. I lost 1.5million radbolts in my generators, it is what EA is unfortunately. Once you play with it a bit more, things should start feeling less crazy.

No reason to abandon your current game. Fly back home and get some more preparation done: dupes eliminate 100 rads/cycle in toilets, rad pills remove an extra 100 rads/cycle, etc. Then fly back to the marshy asteroid and worst case scenario make you dupe work in rotation so they can recover from radiation when needed. I was able to work on the superconductive asteroid with the old spacefarer module and only rad pills (no lead suit).

Edited by NeoDeusMachina

6 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

well, game is still in development status i would say for that , you was too hurry with your mod

Nah, been a request since February and it's a one line solution.  Klei's reacted to more complex issues in less time, so they were way, way, way too slow.

13 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

they to made storage's for radbolts, also generators  ticks down slowly with radbolts, you should not lose them right away

I know, but I'm not gonna build 1500 radbolt chambers for each radbolt generator I had xD

Edited by NeoDeusMachina