[Game Update] - 483105

• Developer

Changes:

• Reduced the distance that Fire Nettles will damage the player. Players can now harvest or shovel Fire Nettles without taking damage.
  • Reduced the amount of damage taken when bumping into a Fire Nettle and when eating Fire Nettle Fronds.

Bug fixes:

• Fix for the console command autocomplete when using single quotes
  • Fixed the missing Walter’s Buzzy Boy Cap inventory icon.
  • Fixed various skins texture bugs.
  • Fixed various Costume Collection strings.
  • Fixed a crash when disconnecting from a server while in the lobby.
  • Fixed Wurt’s tentacle warning not working correctly.
  • Fixed all servers showing “Day Unknown” for the day count in the server browser.

View full update

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Shopcat 1
  • Potato Cup 1

I want to thank the team behind the Wormwood skin with all my heart. 

Holy cow is it AMAZING, you guys went above and beyond with this one. Really, truly, captures the fall season, captures the essence of the saladmander perfectly and Wormwood looks like a badass.

Thank you!

• Like 4
  • GL Happy 2

43 minutes ago, PeterA said:
  • Reduced the distance that Fire Nettles will damage the player. Players can now harvest or shovel Fire Nettles without taking damage.
  • Reduced the amount of damage taken when bumping into a Fire Nettle and when eating Fire Nettle Fronds.

Not getting stung when using a shovel makes sense; you're not touching it directly. 
But this says you can now also harvest (with your hands, it seems) them without taking damage at all, which I thinik a bit... wrong. 
It's still a Stinging Nettle, it has thorns. Harvesting it should be much the same as a Spiky Bush, except it also has venom. 

• Like 6

which klei dev got killed by firenettles? :roll::lol:

Why do they still even exist if they can be shoveled/picked with no consequences? That used to be a perk exclusive to wormwood.

Weeds were already so easy to shovel before they even matured after uve seen them once or twice.

Odd change. Of all the things.. 

Edited by Ohan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

12 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Why do they still even exist if they can be shoveled/picked with no consequences? That used to be a perk exclusive to wormwood.

shoveling makes sense since you are not making physical contact with the plant itself, but picking it should still affect the player

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Flarezen said:

shoveling makes sense since you are not making physical contact with the plant itself, but picking it should still affect the player

Its the proximity to the fire nettles that stings u not wether or not u ‘touch them directly’ by picking them. U have to get really close to something in order to shovel it. 

But anyway :roll:

Edited by Ohan
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Lumberlocke said:

Does this include poor visibility during Winter, or is this for something else? :wilson_curious:

I think not seeing the tentacles when all is covered in snow is an intended mechanic

3 hours ago, Ohan said:

Its the proximity to the fire nettles that stings u not wether or not u ‘touch them directly’ by picking them. U have to get really close to something in order to shovel it. 

But anyway :roll:

How can hurt your skin a plant that isnt touching your skin?

Was so annoying to lose 100hp plus being overhesting for 1 hour just for cleaning the soil

Wormwood still have the ability of picking them for free and now no wormwood characters wont feel tireshome when cleaning it. Isnt like it was something difficult before, is just a plant that deals damage.

And the most important thing, now is way more viable for surviving winter

• Thanks 1

• Developer
9 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

I don't think I'll ever be able to forget when PeterA ate a red mushroom during one of those Klei streams and died from it.

If I recall, I didn't eat it, but I told Jason he was safe to :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 10
  • Hunger 1
  • Sanity 3