Main method for Bee Queen?

Methods for Your Majesty  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Main Method? What would you recommend (multiple choice)?

• Oven Method
    • Boat Method With Flingos/Wendy
    • Casual Murder
    • Winona Pults
    • The Wanda Cheese
    • The Maze Cheese
    • Wicker's Tentacle Method
    • Reed Trap (If close enough)?
    • Seasonal Giant(s) If Possible
    • Pan flute Spam
    • The Wall Method
    • Who the hell is Bee Queen?
    • Bunnies/Merms/Pigs
    • Webber's cheese method
    • Warly and Spicy Volt-Goat Chad-Froid

As Wanda I'm having fun just using night armor + enlightened crown and the regular kiting method. 

I'm surprised people have need to cheese this boss imo, one of the funner boss battles even solo. Too bad that as Wanda I end up cooking up the royal jelly (1 royal jelly + 3 sticks) but meh she doesn't need them. 

Personally, I don't find bunnymen hutches or catapults as cheese as you are paying a high cost to set it up.

56 minutes ago, Bugsworth said:

I just beat her to death tbh.

Or that. Just murder her to death.

Tried Wendy cause it was the cheapest but my worldgen was cruel and Beehive was too far away from water to use boat method.

So i just brute forced her while Abigail dealed with the grumbles.

Had to time right the use of elixirs to prevent Abi from dying tho. Took like 4 tries before i got it right.

Want to try the catapult method next.

What are the "Wall" and "Maze" methods tho?

32 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I'm surprises people have need to cheese this boss imo, one of the funner boss battles even solo.

"wow i cant believe people need to cheese this boss, everyone is at the same skill level as me i just cant understand why they dont fight her normally"

not everyone enjoys fighting bee queen, i personally dislike fighting her solo and usually implement bunnies to help with killing her. i find the solo strat to be tedious (luring her and hitting her when shes far from her grumble bees in phase 2).

17 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

"wow i cant believe people need to cheese this boss, everyone is at the same skill level as me i just cant understand why they dont fight her normally"

Imagine not being born out of the womb already knowing how to fight bee queen, couldn't be me. Get gud scrub.

As a long-term Webber player, I'm sad that Webber is left out of this poll, since his cheese method is his alone :crushed:

I do find his method engaging and fun since I have to orchestrate the cheese consistently, and less stressful since I don't have to be highly skilled to make the cheese work, because the sheer amount of spiders I gather can decimate BQ in 4 mins if I time the Webby Whistle and boomerang fake-attacks right.

But for other characters, I either go for the maze method or the bunny hutch method.

2 minutes ago, zacqiang said:

As a long-term Webber player, I'm sad that Webber is left out of this poll, since his cheese method is his alone :crushed:

I do find his method engaging and fun since I have to orchestrate the cheese consistently, and less stressful since I don't have to be highly skilled to make the cheese work, because the sheer amount of spiders I gather can decimate BQ in 4 mins if I time the Webby Whistle and boomerang fake-attacks right.

But for other characters, I either go for the maze method or the bunny hutch method.

When i tried the Nurse spider strat against BQ i got pulverized cause scared spiders don't fight or heal..

19 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

When i tried the Nurse spider strat against BQ i got pulverized cause scared spiders don't heal..

Well, you need to time the Webby Whistle right for the heals to kick in. I don't really bother with Nurse heals though, since I see a lot of glands lying around when I'm running around and forcing BQ to aggro on me during the cheese. The Nurse heals are to preserve the rarer spiders like Spitters for longer, and can also preserve the tankers like Warriors too. I usually just bring along some salves to heal up.

Just as info, my usual setup is ~15 dens loosely scattered around the BQ hive (I shave tier 3s back to tier 2s just so the dens wouldn't relocate aka Spider Queens), and a small decorated enclosure 3-4 screens away with around 50-60 spiders (Warriors, Spitters, Cavers, and Nurses). And I only need to prepare a bee hat, a boomerang, a Webby Whistle, some heals, and a stack of eggs to befriend my army. After every BQ fight, I just need to 'park' the army back in the enclosure (using a Shoo Box) and I'm done! The setup is fairly cheap in the long run since I only need eggs whenever I wanna fight BQ.

8 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Hmm the Wendy brute force still seems it has the least amount of preparation and is stress free even without the boat. Compared to Webber way.

It's true ngl, just that I personally find that the engagement in the fight is very much just holding the F key and not very enjoyable. Just my 2 cents.

It's a straightforward method for players who have a hard time dealing with BQ though.

I personally use the Wendy boat strat. I see bee queen more as a resource that needs to be farmed rather than a fun boss fight since you can never have enough jellybeans (and she isn’t a very fun fight), so I always try to fight her as soon as she respawns. As a result of my mass bee queen genocide, I’ve adapted the Wendy boat strat since it’s incredibly cheap to set up and easy and mindless to execute. I might try out winona’s catapults soon, as I wouldn’t need to switch to Wendy every 20 days that way, and having fish sometimes eat your royal jelly if you don’t pick them up fast enough is frustrating. 

I do the tried and true method of leading her away from the Grumble Bees and then tanking her. "Rule of 4" I call it. 4 Marble Suits, 4 Beekeeper Hats, 4 perogies, and a Ham Bat are all I need for the fight with most characters (I use a walking cane and road though, maybe even a magilumin).

Archived