Wanda is problematic in every way possible.

I won't go into some empty talk, or add unneccesary photos to attract more people. I believe this will reach the target in my head.

Let's start with each item one by one

Ageless Watch: On it's own 7 years every 2 minute is not OP. But if aging down really fast is neccessary then you're in a boss fight, then you can carry 5-10 watches at a time to age down really fast. Not broken but cheeseable.

Backstep Watch: Teleport to a previous location. Ah, yes, bone armor but better on day 1. Really good watch, now change how it works, thanks.

Backtreck Watch: Teleport to a set location. And again, an item that replicates something else. How is this any balanced? Are you telling me that I can skip really important tasks forever? How is just teleporting to caves whenever you're out of lightbulb, teleporting to Volt Goats whenever I need more horns etc. balanced? I am not even being creative here. If I were to be creative I'd say stuff like how we can literally visit Ruins once to set marks with the clock then kill Ancient Fuelwaver ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIn13uo0Eh8 ) then visit resourceful places in ruins then grab everything you need and craft everyone's favourite Ancient tools and teleport back to base UNDER 10 MINUTES.

Clockmaker's Tool: Break your set location. In case if you change your teleport locations to somewhere more op. I can see this being useful if I want to change my teleport location from base - lunar island to base - ruins every 19 days.

Rift Watch: Multiplayer Backtreck Watch. I am so furious about this and you can guess why 

Alarming Clock: WAY more damage than any of the characters at the cost of waiting a little. Also ranged and refuelable. I wonder if when Wanda comes out will they add +9999 health received upon hitting an enemy to this weapon.

Second Chance Watch: And again, another replication. Amulets were already cheap, now they're infinite and somehow better.

Skins and how she looks: Anime girl mods on Steam Workshop looks more official than her.

resim_2021-09-07_224923.png.880f8470cfa926720ff86762eddde1db.pngLook at the shading, the details, and the originality. There's no other skin that looks like this and she shading/color palette is really good

wandatruim.PNG.5c7419552430ecff4205dd494fd73b9d.PNGThe clothes look good not going to lie, must be because shoes are almost entirely ripped off of a shoe from one of Woodie's skinset. Other than that, her clothes look good². Now look at her face, where are those glasses connected to? Why the color palette on her face does not exist? It looks like they poured a single color on her face. And her hair is a Wickerbottom rip-off. And the crown on her head is from Wigfrid's Roseate skin set.

Wigfrid_Rose.png.b9a4bd28420308c18475483dd424b0eb.pngHere is that Wigfrid skin for reference. Couldn't find the Woodie though.

Sorry if the post is messy. Hope some people agree with me. Please fix, this should all be balanced.

9 minutes ago, douan33 said:

Backstep Watch: Teleport to a previous location. Ah, yes, bone armor but better on day 1. Really good watch, now change how it works, thanks.

confused haven't seen much footage but couldn't you just idk
kite?

8 minutes ago, douan33 said:

Ageless Watch: On it's own 7 years every 2 minute is not OP. But if aging down really fast is neccessary then you're in a boss fight, then you can carry 5-10 watches at a time to age down really fast. Not broken but cheeseable.

Yeah I agree, I mean seriously I just have to spend 40 thulecite fragments, 10 marble and 5 red gems to get 5 of these watches and cover 1/3rd of my inventory just to have a very good way to heal? In the old days you had to really survive in the harsh world of the Constant and punch a butterfly to get healing. I hope Klei considers nerfing the Ageless watch.

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

confused haven't seen much footage but couldn't you just idk
kite?

I don't get what you said too, sorry if I say something unrelated. 

Backstep Watch lets you go back to a previous location. If I am not wrong, if you stand still it will teleport to your current location. So you should be able to dodge almost every attack from most of the bosses if there's only one (Like one deerclops, one Bearger, one spider warrior, etc.)

The only thing I could see being a problem as Wanda even in the slightest is Second Chance Watch for it's low cooldown and Alarming Clock's damage when it's unfueled. It could be tweaked a bit but even then I think I'm just being too nitpicky.

Have you even seen someone play the game as her, OP?

Have you seen how expensive some of these crafting recipes are?

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Yeah I agree, I mean seriously I just have to spend 40 thulecite fragments, 10 marble and 5 red gems to get 5 of these watches and cover 1/3rd of my inventory just to have a very good way to heal? In the old days you had to really survive in the harsh world of the Constant and punch a butterfly to get healing. I hope Klei considers nerfing the Ageless watch.

The issuse is you can. Let's not consider how fun it would be, or else Wanda is a really great character. Plus the resources are not even that much, literally possible before first Winter.

3 minutes ago, douan33 said:

Backstep Watch lets you go back to a previous location. If I am not wrong, if you stand still it will teleport to your current location. So you should be able to dodge almost every attack from most of the bosses if there's only one (Like one deerclops, one Bearger, one spider warrior, etc.)

No, it teleports you somewhere nearby, which is normally behind you. The clock is also really fast meaning you have to time your teleports extremely well. 

The only thing I’m personally upset with about this character is she was advertised as a Glass Canon, and after watching the video of how she works I can safely & accurately say she’s anything BUT a Glass Canon..

Its ONE Thing to deal more Damage the closer you get to Death, It’s Another thing entirely to have so many gimmicky ways to ignore death even exists.

In fact: Time to blow some minds- I personally feel like Wanda may actually become the most beginner noob friendly character in the game… Most played as by well everyone.

Rather Klei intended for her to be so casual friendly or not has yet to be seen- but what I can say is she’s got so many crazy abilities she would’ve probably been fine with just 1 or 2 instead of literally doing everything other characters do.

And looking at her watch crafting they don’t even seem to require harder to get ingredients 

For example: Maybe I would find the watches less OP if one of them could only be crafted from an obscure to new players crafting tab (such as the Ancient P-word Science Station or something)

Instead: She seems to just be very beginner friendly even WITH the so called Glass Canon Mechanic.

Pretty sure she will get adjustments as they feel is needed but for now she’s OP and isn’t even out yet but ALREADY needs nerf’s

1 minute ago, SomebodyRandom said:

The only thing I could see being a problem as Wanda even in the slightest is Second Chance Watch for it's low cooldown and Alarming Clock's damage when it's unfueled. It could be tweaked a bit but even then I think I'm just being too nitpicky.

Have you even seen someone play the game as her, OP?

Have you seen how expensive some of these crafting recipes are?

Yes you're right, Second Chance Watch is very problematic, and Alarming Clock's damage is broken too. But good thing about SCW is that it revives you wherever you died. Did you die next to a tentacle? Even if your friend brings it to a somewhere safe you will stilldie to a tentacle if you don't time it right.

Her items are not even expensive. You don't even have to visit ruins. Archive will provide the fragments and there are various ways to obtain gems. 

24 minutes ago, douan33 said:

then you can carry 5-10 watches at a time to age down really fast.

It's strong but it's no perogies for sure; and in my opinion it would be pretty cumbersome to waste most of my inventory slots just for healing. If Wanda dies it'll be nothing but pocket Watches on the floor lol. Also I'm fairly certain that healing foods will affect her similar to Wormwood, so tanking would probably be difficult unless you have a ludicrous amount of watches; coupled with the seconds it takes to use the watches, I could easily see Wanda taking a hefty amount of damage just trying to chain the watches in a fight.

I do agree with this one. I think it should, if not have a durability, then cost something to use or have a lengthier cooldown.

Backtreck Watch: Teleport to a set location. And again, an item that replicates something else. How is this any balanced? Are you telling me that I can skip really important tasks forever? How is just teleporting to caves whenever you're out of lightbulb, teleporting to Volt Goats whenever I need more horns etc. balanced? I am not even being creative here. If I were to be creative I'd say stuff like how we can literally visit Ruins once to set marks with the clock then kill Ancient Fuelwaver ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIn13uo0Eh8 ) then visit resourceful places in ruins then grab everything you need and craft everyone's favourite Ancient tools and teleport back to base UNDER 10 MINUTES.

I can see how this can be broken. I think having only one anchor point active at a time would be more reasonable as it would prevent you from going place to place, instead it would function as an escape or return button. Same goes for the rift watch in my opinion.

Second Chance Watch: And again, another replication. Amulets were already cheap, now they're infinite and somehow better.

If they reduced max health for normal characters and increased the minimum age for Wanda with each use (maybe increasing her minimum possible age by 20) I could see this being a bit more fair; to be used as a cheap self-using Telltale Heart instead of an amulet.

She’s a pretty solid and fun character, I think second chance watch just needs to be fixed and the empty weapon charge damage like someone else said. If you’re playing hardcore by yourself, you can infinitely use one watch as long as you survive for one second before you die again and even outside of that it feels too low. Significantly increase the time it takes to charge them or just straight up give them limited use before breaking. 

3 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

No, it teleports you somewhere nearby, which is normally behind you. The clock is also really fast meaning you have to time your teleports extremely well. 

Sorry that I am answering instantly so whenever you comment something new I am too late to answer that in a single comment, anyways.

Still, during the teleporting animation you're invincible. It is not like bosses' attack animation last for 20 seconds. Efficient or not, you can dodge pretty much every attack when you're tanking, like during Deerclops or something.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

In fact: Time to blow some minds- I personally feel like Wanda may actually become the most beginner noob friendly character in the game… Most played as by well everyone.

Yes, I too did the ruins to get fragments immediately after beginning to play the game just to be able to use the character's crafts.

4 minutes ago, douan33 said:

Her items are not even expensive. You don't even have to visit ruins. Archive will provide the fragments and there are various ways to obtain gems.

Except for the fact that you need to activate the archives, since Tidy Hidey-Holes don't even give enough fragments for a single one of the Clock pieces, and you only get one Collected Dust per world gen.

15 minutes ago, douan33 said:

As @Hornete Mentioned, it's a very large inventory sink. 5-10 watches is a third-2/3rds of a player inventory, which makes it much less sustainable in boss fights where having empty slots can be a rarity with the other items/prep you need.

16 minutes ago, douan33 said:

You have a very small window to properly use the watch to block a hit. For comparison, the bone armor will Never fail you and will be there for you whenever you mess up or not. In addition, you will usually end up far from the target to where you deaggro the foe entirely, especially in cases like DFly.

18 minutes ago, douan33 said:

Backtreck Watch: Teleport to a set location. And again, an item that replicates something else. How is this any balanced? Are you telling me that I can skip really important tasks forever?

Because for the gameplay sections where that actually matters, you can't. You need a walrus tusk for each individual warp point. Most worlds will want people to get situated with canes for the first 2-3 winters, and by the time you have excess the watch is more of a time saver then a serious tool, which is powerful, but you are also in the lategame at that point. Not to mention in worlds with one mac, this can take substantially more time to setup.

21 minutes ago, douan33 said:

Rift Watch: Multiplayer Backtreck Watch. I am so furious about this and you can guess why 

Because it's a multiplayer interaction in a multiplayer game...?

22 minutes ago, douan33 said:

Alarming Clock: WAY more damage than any of the characters at the cost of waiting a little.

You will also be at low health at all times when using it. If you want to bank on her old damage, she needs to be at 37.5 health in order for that to Take effect. Wolfgang meanwhile will have ~300 HP, a speed boost, and 2X damage with any other weapon in the game.

As for unfueled, I will agree and say this is a bit overtuned. 59.5 damage is super potent, and it's an infinite weapon at that. I would say dropping the damage to 42.5 would help quite a bit.

Skins and how she looks: Anime girl mods on Steam Workshop looks more official than her.

This is incredibly offensive to any of the developers that worked on this. So what if it's different? Does being different make it a mod? Does that make every character Ever added to DST a mod character from the Workshop because they don't look exactly like Wilson?

26 minutes ago, douan33 said:

5-10 inventory slots taken up by clocks? You do realize other characters just need to carry a single inventory slot’s worth of jellybeans for healing, right?

2 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Yes, I too did the ruins to get fragments immediately after beginning to play the game just to be able to use the character's crafts.

Except for the fact that you need to activate the archives, since Tidy Hidey-Holes don't even give enough fragments for a single one of the Clock pieces, and you only get one Collected Dust per world gen.

I think your forgetting that Dust Moths passively create Thelucite now.. so yeah there’s that.

1 minute ago, Owlrus said:

It's strong but it's no perogies for sure; and in my opinion it would be pretty cumbersome to waste most of my inventory slots just for healing. If Wanda dies it'll be nothing but pocket Watches on the floor lol. Also I'm fairly certain that healing foods will affect her similar to Wormwood, so tanking would probably be difficult unless you have a ludicrous amount of watches; coupled with the seconds it takes to use the watches, I could easily see Wanda taking a hefty amount of damage just trying to chain the watches in a fight.

Even if it takes too much inventory space, it is possible. Plus it is not like Krampus sack, bundling wraps, or dropping the items on the ground will be removed. It is hard for sure, but again possible. Other than that I agree with you.

4 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

I do agree with this one. I think it should, if not have a durability, then cost something to use or have a lengthier cooldown.

I can see how this can be broken. I think having only one anchor point active at a time would be more reasonable as it would prevent you from going place to place, instead it would function as an escape or return button. Same goes for the rift watch in my opinion.

If they reduced max health for normal characters and increased the minimum age for Wanda with each use (maybe increasing her minimum possible age by 20) I could see this being a bit more fair; to be used as a cheap self-using Telltale Heart instead of an amulet.

I will answer in a single segment, sorry. Yes this post is about balancing her items. I also think that backstep should be balanced.

Backtrek Watch will most likely be used for going to some hard places then coming back in seconds. Even lazy deserter, a literal boss loot doesn't work like that. They should balance either.

I'd love to see Wanda gaining youth by telltale heart or amulets.

3 minutes ago, goblinball said:

5-10 inventory slots taken up by clocks? You do realize other characters just need to carry a single inventory slot’s worth of jellybeans for healing, right?

Please, I am not telling people to full their inventory with age clocks. I only mentioned that it is cheesable. Maybe switch backpacks, maybe carry bundle wraps, maybe use a krampus sack, or maybe accept the fact that 5-10 is on paper and I was only using those numbers to give an example of how cheesable is she. How else do you guys plan to gain youth anyways?

14 minutes ago, douan33 said:

Still, during the teleporting animation you're invincible. It is not like bosses' attack animation last for 20 seconds. Efficient or not, you can dodge pretty much every attack when you're tanking, like during Deerclops or something.

The animation is tiny, you need to time the clock perfectly or else teleporting won't even matter.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think your forgetting that Dust Moths passively create Thelucite now.. so yeah there’s that.

Oh they changed it? As far as I know, you gave them one Amberosia and they cleaned their Tidy Hidey-Hole once.

8 minutes ago, SadeceAtakan said:

Also hammering archive's thulecite walls give you a fairly good amount of thulecite fragments.

Okay that is fair enough, I forgot to keep that into account.

23 minutes ago, douan33 said:

k so yeah just kite at that point and you'll be getting the same results

1 minute ago, SomebodyRandom said:

As far as I know, you gave them one Amberosia and they cleaned their Tidy Hidey-Hole once.

you are correct. (Although they dont clean their dens they ‘decorate’ them with thulecite)

Dustmoths do not passively generate thul frags :wilsondisapproving:

12 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Fun fact: Turning a thulecite into thulecite walls, makes 6 thulecite walls, which can each be hammered to get one thulecite fragment each. This allows you to effectively turn your thulecite back into fragments to create Walter's thulecite rounds, or Wandas time pieces. 

Archived