What can be a Don't Starve gimmick?

What can be considered a DST gimmick? Something that is plausible but there are better alternatives, something that is considered "out of the meta", something to do just to brag that it somehow worked.

For example, eating only one dish as Warly, trying to kill a boss with Walter's slingshot, using only a paddle to sail, etc.

What would be another examples of gimmicks?

You can give yourself carpal tunnel syndrome irl in many fun and unique ways.

Farming, crafting spam, juggling your inventory mid battle due to the lack of an item wheel, having to repeatedly smash a button to chop and mine because you cant just hold the button down for some reason.

Just now, HowlVoid said:

Not on console :) you have to press r2(to open the tab, cause it dissapears for some reason) and then x (to craft) for every item, every time.

Ah, the eternal guessgame, is this person on the forums a console or PC player

9 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Not on console :) you have to press r2(to open the tab, cause it dissapears for some reason) and then x (to craft) for every item, every time.

Wait really? I think that might be a bug then. That QoL update specifically set out to make actions more convenient to do repeatedly so I dont see why they wouldnt intend the same for console/controller users. Give it a report!

I just remembered this. Me and my friend were really bored one night so we set out to do maths and calculate how many Durians it would take for a Wigfrid to sustain themself on Durians and Durians alone. With a 3x3 farm and minimal stress, you can grow about 54 Durians every 3 (rounded up to make it easier, also because of nights since plants can't grow at night without a star) days. That'd be about 378 Durians every Spring, which equals to 189 Monster Lasagnas. That should last about 94.5 days or so, which should be more than enough for you to farm even more Durians next Spring.

Yeah we use our time well.

42 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Just... Need... To... Grow... In... Winter... Please.... Klei....

Also omg I just turned my phone sideways you guys all have little stuff written under your comments! Neat. 

mans just figured out signatures exists

6 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I play on xbox and it is possible to, just open the tab again during the crafting animation and press down the same button you craft normally (without letting go until you're done crafting).

41 minutes ago, I am Armor said:

I play on xbox and it is possible to, just open the tab again during the crafting animation and press down the same button you craft normally (without letting go until you're done crafting).

Holy cow! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It worked!

15 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Just... Need... To... Grow... In... Winter... Please.... Klei....

Also omg I just turned my phone sideways you guys all have little stuff written under your comments! Neat. 

Don't they grow all year round when placed in caves?

Archived