do you think new main menu music is good?

What do you think about the main menu music  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the main menu music

• its best thing on the world
    • i liked it
    • no strong opinions
    • klei could do better they did before
    • i didnt like it but i didnt hate it
    • i close the sound when i open the game / downloaded a mod just to not hear the music

43 minutes ago, . . . said:

my favorite was the lunar cave update music which was some relaxing crystal therapy sounding music

That update's music was Lunar Island's ambience sound. If you went onto the settings during that update and turned off music it would still play, but turning off ambience would turn it off.

Kinda wish there was an option to just turn the main menu music back to the original DST menu theme, it hasn't been played since RWYS I think? I'm sure there's a mod that can do that (if you know of one pls let me know), but still. As for this specific one, I don't really like it, in fact I haven't really liked any of the main menu theme's Klei has put out this year. YOTB was alright, EOTS is alright, but it does not really fit for a boss theme imo. Cawnival I straight up dislike. I do like Webber's refresh main menu theme though.

20 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

Kinda wish there was an option to just turn the main menu music back to the original DST menu theme,

I know, right? Makes me really miss the classic DST menu. I've only been into the game for little over a year, but it just doesn't feel the same at all IMO.

The loop is too short and it doesn't loop properly. I can clearly hear the cut out to the restart. 

Doesn't bother me though because when I don't particularly like a theme, I turn on a mod that replaces the menu music with the classic OG DS music. That one is my favorite. Probably because nostalgia.

13 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

The loop is too short and it doesn't loop properly. I can clearly hear the cut out to the restart. 

What you said. It has potential, but it feels really unfinished, as if they ran put of time and decided to just loop the beginning of an unfinished soundtrack

Imo Klei should stop replacing menu music every update. Making a special menu music for holiday events like winter's fest, YotX and Cawnival was good because they are... well, they are holiday events. The menu music let you know that an event is in progress- cool.

But now- 'The music's changed, I guess a new update dropped'. It's starting to lose its charm. And the og menu music is being left to rot. Especially if Klei were to give every single update its own theme. Nevermind the fact that those themes become forgotten- does anyone remember yotBeefalo's menu theme, I sure don't.

14 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

does anyone remember yotBeefalo's menu theme, I sure don't.

Ironically, I can perfectly simulate every single Year of the X event theme in my head. 

But yes I do agree, not everything should have a theme. Despite Year of the Gobbler being the only menu theme that I don't like from Klei, I'd still prefer if only big updates (like EotS, since that was a season finale), and seasonal events should get their own menu themes.

28 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Imo Klei should stop replacing menu music every update.

And the og menu music is being left to rot. Especially if Klei were to give every single update its own theme.

Remember late last year's menu screens with wilson and willow walking? Those were simple, looked nice, and kept the theme playing. We need more of that. Not every update has to be displayed on the main page.

18 hours ago, CodexCorporis said:

I know, right? Makes me really miss the classic DST menu. I've only been into the game for little over a year, but it just doesn't feel the same at all IMO.

Here's a tip, wait for the next qol update for the original theme to come back, right?

4 years later

umm, Klei? Where, is... the QoL update??? We... haven't gotten one in,,, 4 ye-years D:

I think it would be okay, if the main music is changed for the first two weeks after an update and then changing back to the original music. Or what about a slider-like main menu where you can switch between the last updates including the default main menu.

Archived